SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 4
• Rhythms and Reggae: Calling ALL Food and Music Lovers! You and your family and friends are invited to join us at the Causeway Cove Marina in Fort Pierce for Rhythms & Reggae Music Festival on Saturday, September 4th from 12-noon to 8 p.m.
Rhythms & Reggae features Blues, Country, Funk, Jazz, RnB, Rock, Latin, and Reggae.
Rhythms & Reggae is a (weather permitting) family-friendly event that will feature live music, children's activities, arts/craft vendors and food vendors.
Bring your appetites for some delicious food, dancing, and music Alton Prater Events invites the community to take part in R&R Rhythms & Reggae.
Tickets are $5.
For tickets and vendor info go to - www.altonprater.com.
Proceeds from the Rhythms & Reggae will be used to support HYPE INC & Praise on The Marina.
R&R will be presented ever quarterly starting 2021 it will be one of the BIGGEST and HOTTEST quarterly festivals on the Treasure Coast.
Questions: Email - firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 440-5444.
The Causeway Cove Marina is located at 601 Seaway Drive in Fort Pierce.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11
• CeeCee Ross Lyles 9/11 Virtual Memorial Ceremony: The City of Fort Pierce will hold a virtual memorial service to honor CeeCee Ross Lyles who perished on Flight 93 when it crashed in a Pennsylvania field during the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
The virtual memorial service will be hosted live through the City’s Facebook page, Saturday, September 11, 2021, at 9:45 AM. There will be a presentation of a wreath-laying and will have a moment of silence at Lyles’ dedicated statue located at the Liberty Garden. The public may tune in live at https://www.facebook.com/ftpierce/ to witness this virtual ceremony.
A life-sized bronze statue of the Fort Pierce native overlooks the Indian River. Born and raised in Fort Pierce, Lyles attended Fort Pierce Westwood High School and later served six years as a Fort Pierce Police Officer. In 2000, she moved to Fort Myers to pursue her dream of being a flight attendant.For more information, please call 772.467.3031 or visit: http://www.cityoffortpierce.com
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
• 7th Annual Chimpathon 5K 10K: We are back in-person for the 7th Annual Save the Chimps Chimpathon 5K 10K! Save the Chimps is the largest privately funded chimpanzee sanctuary in the world.
100% of all funds raised from the 7th Annual Chimpathon will go directly towards caring for our chimps.
The Chimpathon takes place at the St. Lucie County Fairgrounds on Sunday, September 26th at 7am. Due to health concerns for our Chimpanzee residents we will not be running through the sanctuary this year. This year's Chimpathon will feature a flat and fast route out and back along Peacock Rd.
Are you interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Southern Timing at email@example.com to learn more!
Tickets for 7th Annual Chimpathon 5K 10K can be booked here -https://raceroster.com/events/2021/46418/7th-annual-chimpathon-5k-10k.
The St. Lucie County Fairgrounds is located at 15601 Midway Road in Fort Pierce.
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 29 - SUNDAY, OCT. 3
• 2nd Indianhead Reunion: The Second (Indianhead) Division Association is searching for anyone who served in the Army's 2nd Infantry Division at any time. For information about the association and our 99th annual reunion in Kansas City, Missouri from September 29 - OCT. 3.
THURSDAY, OCT. 14
• Port St. Lucie's Business Showcase: Discover a local business to support at Port St. Lucie’s Home-Based Business Showcase! The City of Port St. Lucie is hosting a Home-Based Business Showcase on Thursday OCT. 14 to offer business owners a opportunity to market their product or service and make valuable connections.
The event takes place at the MidFlorida Credit Union Event Center in Port St.Lucie.
Want to be a Vendor?
Showcase your business or service by reserving your booth today at - www.cityofpsl.com/businesstax. Registration is now open at $25.
After Sept. 11, 2021, the sign-up registration fee is $35.
The 2021 Home-Based Business Showcase will provide a venue for local vendors to display and sell their products and meet potential customers.
The public will have an opportunity to support local makers, artisans, and direct sellers.
The Home-Based Business Showcase is free to the public.
• Monthly Network Breakfast: The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce invites you to the Gator Trace Country Club for a Monthly Networking Breakfast on the second Tuesday of every month.
The cost is $13.
RSVP online is required.
RSVP at https://stluciechamber.org/.
The Gator Trace Country Club is located at 4302 Gator Trace Drive in Fort Pierce.
• St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce Ladies Luncheon: The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce Ladies Luncheon happens on the first Friday of every month from 12-noon to 1 p.m. at the Fort Pierce Woman's Club. The Women's Club is located at 2408S. 29 Street in Fort Pierce.
The cost is $20. Bring a raffle prize to share, plus a 50/50 raffle.
An RSVP is required at - www.stluciechamber.org.
• Protect Your A/C & Beat The Heat Lecture: St. Lucie AC Repair Pros invites you to an ongoing series of special lectures on the 15th of every month.
We will be discussing the current problems of air conditioning and heat issues in Port St Lucie. We will talk about how to prevent common problems, and how to properly give maintenance to your A/C unit. Join us as we interact, share ideas and special tips.
These FREE lectures take place at the St Lucie AC Repair Pros HQ located at 145 NW Central Park Plaza #199 in Port St. Lucie
• Mommy and Me Mondays!: Mommy and Me Mondays sponsored by Renaissance Charter School of St Lucie is BACK!!! We meet on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. throughout the school year.
Parents with toddlers and preschoolers are welcome to come join us IN PERSON every other week at the Superior Barre Company in Port St. Lucie. Come meet other parents and children and have a fun morning out! Parents must stay with their child. Due to COVID we cannot have visitors in the school at this time.
Then on opposite weeks we will meet virtually for morning circle and song, a themed story and craft activity, along with a snack!
The Superior Barre Company is located at 1074 SW Bayshore Blvd in Port St. Lucie. The Renaissance Charter School of St Lucie is located at 300 NW Cashmere Blvd. in Port St. Lucie.
• Master Gardeners: The St. Lucie County Master Gardener Volunteers have resumed their activities at the Morningside Branch on Tuesdays and Fridays from 1 to 3 p.m.
The Florida Master Gardener Volunteer Program is a volunteer-driven program that benefits UF/IFAS Extension and the citizens of Florida. The program relies on dedicated volunteers who have an interest in gardening and in giving back to their communities.
The Master Gardener Volunteers make recommendations to home-owners based on information generated by the University of Florida or other Land Grant Universities. Residents can bring in their plants or weeds to be identified, soil tested or they can speak to a Master Gardener Volunteer about their horticulture issues or seek landscaping or gardening advice. In the meantime, if you need to speak to a Master Gardener Volunteer, they can still be reached through email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling at 772-337-5654.
Morningside Branch is located at 2410 Morningside Blvd., Port St. Lucie.
• Farmers Market and Craft Show: The farmers market and craft show at the Fort Pierce Marina is a Saturday morning tradition in downtown Fort Pierce.
Come enjoy the wide variety of vendors at the market from 8 a.m. until 12 noon. There are over 70 friendly vendors that offer a wonderful and diverse selection of delicious foods, exotic plants, savory spices, and much much more!
The Farmers Market and Craft Show happens every Saturday morning at #1 Avenue A in downtown Fort Pierce.
Learn more by visiting their website - https://fortpiercefarmersmarket.com/.
• Do Manatees communicate with one another?: Lunch and learn at the Manatee Observation and Education Center. Join Beth Brady of Sirenian International to learn about manatee vocalizations and what they might be saying. It happens at 12 Noon the second Friday of every month. Location: The Manatee Center, 480 N Indian River Dr Fort Pierce.
• Daughters of The American Revolution: The Daughters of The American Revolution, St. Lucie Chapter, holds monthly luncheon meetings from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. The cost is $18. All meetings are held in Port St. Lucie. Guests, prospective members, and HODARS are always welcome. If you would like information about attending a meeting or find out how to join our Chapter, contact: Regent Dolores Taliercio by email at - email@example.com.
Learn more on our website at – https://sites.rootsweb.com/~flslrdar/.
• St. Lucie County’s Community Yard Sale: St. Lucie County’s Community Yard Sale takes place at the John B. Park Sports Complex every Saturday from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. Admission to the Yard Sale is free; however, the cost to set up a booth is $20 for those that pre-register. Those who don’t pre-register will be required to pay $30 on the day of yard sale.
To rent space, contact St. Lucie County’s Parks and Recreation staff at 772-462-2110. The John B. Parks Sports Complex is located at 1302 Virginia Ave. in Fort Pierce.
• Food Bank Family/Friends Day: Join us for Friends & Family Day on the first Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. 12 p.m. at Treasure Coast Food Banks Distribution Center, located at 401 Angle Road in Fort Pierce, to help sort and pack food and other essentials for children, seniors, families, and veterans in need. Friends & Family Volunteer Day is a day that celebrates the power of families working together to make a difference! Its a perfect opportunity for parents and mentors to bond with and teach children valuable, real-life lessons about compassion and the power of making a difference. For more information, call (772) 489-3034 or visit https://stophunger.org/.
• Family Storytime at Kilmer Branch: A different topic each month! Stories, songs, movement, crafts and more. This program is most suited for children ages 4 to 8 years. All Library events are open to the public and offered at no charge. Parents & caregivers, please plan to stay with children during the story session. Event occurs the first Saturday of each month. Kilmer Branch Library is located at 101 Melody Lane in Fort Pierce. For more information, contact Gicele Perna at 772-462-2812 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lego Play at Hurston Branch Library: Lego Play gives toddlers the change to build their imagination and social skills. Event occurs every first Saturday of the month and is free to the public. The Zora Neale Hurston Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 3008 Avenue D, Fort Pierce. For more information about library programs call 772-462-2154 or visit www.stlucieco.gov/library.
• Jumperoo and School Day Jump: Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie offers a special time each week when we open the park just for kids 5 & under, trampolines only. It happens every Friday of every month from 10 a.m. to 12 noon at the Urban Air Adventure Park at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie. It's $9.99 per child*; no charge for parents.