Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
THURSDAY JAN. 21
• Taxes in Retirement: Do you have a retirement tax strategy? Tax advisors 'TAXES IN RETIREMENT 567' will host a workshop at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center on Thursday Jan. 21. It starts at 1 p.m. and is scheduled to last until 5 p.m. Retirement is rated one of life's most stressful events. The workshop will help you understand the potential impact taxes have on your retirement income. The event is open to the public and free to attend. You may register at the door.
For more information, please visit taxesinretirement567.com or call 844-567-7760. The event center is located at 9221 Southeast Event Center Place in Port St. Lucie.
SATURDAY JAN. 23
• Winter Arts & Crafts Expo: The Port St. Lucie Winter Arts & Craft Show will be held at the MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center from 9 a.m. Saturday Jan. 23 through Sunday Jan. 24 at 4 p.m. Over 200 booths will display one of a kind mostly handmade works by artists and crafters from all over Florida and beyond. Come share their passion for the arts, crafts, and the human spirit! Enjoy live music, food, adult beverages and the FREE kids zone! An event for the entire family! The event center is located at 9221 Southeast Event Center Place in Port St. Lucie.
• Arts & Crafts Online: The Port St. Lucie Winter Arts & Craft Show will also be available on Facebook from 9 a.m. Saturday Jan. 23 through Sunday Jan. 24 at 4 p.m. This virtual event is hosted by 3D Darlins.
See beautiful stainless steel & Swarovski memory bracelets, necklaces, earrings & 3D pictures.
• Do Manatees communicate with one another?: Lunch and learn at the Manatee Observation and Education Center. Join Beth Brady of Sirenian International to learn about manatee vocalizations and what they might be saying. It happens at 12 Noon the second Friday of every month. Location: The Manatee Center, 480 N Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce.
• St. Lucie County’s Community Yard Sale: St. Lucie County’s Community Yard Sale takes place at the John B. Park Sports Complex every Saturday from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. Admission to the Yard Sale is free; however, the cost to set up a booth is $20 for those that pre-register. Those who don’t pre-registered will be required to pay $30 on the day of yard sale. To rent space, contact St. Lucie County’s Parks and Recreation staff at 772-462-2110.
• Food Bank Family/Friends Day: Join us for Friends & Family Day on the first Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. 12 p.m. at Treasure Coast Food Banks Distribution Center, located at 401 Angle Road in Fort Pierce, to help sort and pack food and other essentials for children, seniors, families, and veterans in need.
Friends & Family Volunteer Day is a day that celebrates the power of families working together to make a difference! Its a perfect opportunity for parents and mentors to bond with and teach children valuable, real-life lessons about compassion and the power of making a difference. For more information, call (772) 489-3034 or visit https://stophunger.org/
• Family Storytime at Kilmer Branch: A different topic each month! Stories, songs, movement, crafts and more. This program is most suited for children ages 4 to 8 years. All Library events are open to the public and offered at no charge. Parents & caregivers, please plan to stay with children during the story session. Event occurs the first Saturday of each month. Kilmer Branch Library is located at 101 Melody Lane in Fort Pierce. For more more information, contact Gicele Perna at 772-462-2812 or e-mail email@example.com
• Lego Play at Hurston Branch Library: Lego Play gives toddlers the change to build their imagination and social skills. Event occurs every first Saturday of the month and is free to the public. The Zora Neale Hurston Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 3008 Avenue D, Fort Pierce. For more information about library programs call 772-462-2154 or visit www.stlucieco.gov/library.