Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
SATURDAY JAN. 16
• A Special needs hoedown: A boot, scootin' boogie! A night to be cowboys and cowgirls at LaPorte Farms in Sebastian. We are having a Special Needs Hoedown & Drumming Circle on Saturday Jan. 16. We'll have music, dancing, steer roping, hot dogs and great photo ops. From 5-8 p.m. Special needs only. No age limit. Fun for all!
RSVP is required. Reserve a spot and get your FREE tickets today. Call (772) 633-0813 or E-mail Laura@LaPorteFarms.com. LaPorte Farms is located at 7700 129th St. in Sebastian.
THURSDAY JAN. 21 - SUNDAY JAN. 24
• 30th Annual Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival: Enjoy frog leg and gator tail dinners, midway rides, live music and crafters. Now in its 30th year, the Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival holds 2 Guinness Book World Records for the most frog legs served in the course of one business day and the Largest Frog Leg Festival in the world.
The event kicks off on Thursday Jan. 21 and runs through Sunday Jan. 24. The Old School Complex is located at 22 South Orange Street in Fellsmere.
-Thursday and Friday Jan. 21 & 22 - Food from 4pm to 8pm / Festival 4pm to 11pm
-Saturday Jan. 23 - Food from 11am to 8pm / Festival 10am to 11pm
-Sunday Jan. 24 - Food from 11am to 4pm / Festival 11am to 6pm
For additional information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (772) 571-0250.
SUNDAY JAN. 24
• 4th Anniversary Art Show: The Galleries at First Pres will offer an opening reception for their 4th Anniversary Art Show on Sunday Jan. 24 from 4-6 p.m.
The show will feature the works of their Artist in Residence Sheila Lougheed, local artist Ms. Pamela Tan Siddall, and a selection of beautiful portraits and illustrations offered posthumously by the late Bob Berran.
The galleries are located throughout the campus of First Presbyterian Church at 520 Royal Palm Boulevard in Vero Beach. Admission is free. Masks and Social Distancing are required while on the church campus. Learn more at http://www.firstpresvero.org/events
• Treasure Coast Harvest: Welcome to the Treasure Coast Harvest online farmers market. The market is open weekly from 6 a.m. on Thursday until 11:59 p.m. on Monday. You can order online at https://tcharvest.com/products.
We process all orders Tuesday, they are then delivered to your residence on Wednesday. We ask that you leave a cooler with ice on your doorstep for delivery drop off. The driver will text the phone number provided once the order has been dropped off in your cooler. We offer cold storage bags to purchase on our website should you not have a cooler available. For orders under $30.00 we charge a $3.00 delivery fee. For all orders over $30. Free delivery.
You can now Pick up your Treasure Coast Harvest at Walking Tree Brewery and meet the farmers providing local, pasture raised chicken, pork and eggs! The Walking Tree Brewery is located at 3209 Dodger Road in Vero Beach. Thank you for supporting Treasure Coast agriculture!
• Family Fun at Countryside Family Farms!: Children’s activities, outdoor market, farm attractions for kids including kiddie train, mower-go-round, jump pillow, rat rollers and barnyard ball zone, plus lunch offerings from El Sid Taco Trailer, ice cream, slushies, and more! Hours vary for each week’s special activity, so visit www.CountrysideFamilyFarms.com for all the details!
Countryside Family Farms is located at 6325 81st Street in Vero Beach. Admission is Free. However to access The Jump Pillow, Orange Blossom Express, Rat Rollers, Barnyard Ball Games, Corn Hole, Air Cannon, and Mower-Go-Round purchase a $5 Fun Pass which is good from 10 - 2 p.m.
• Vero Beach Bookies-February: On the second Monday of every month from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. the Vero Beach Bookies book club meets at the Vero Beach Book Center (VBBC) to discuss the title of the month. February features "Where the Crawdads Sing" by Delia Owens.
"Where the Crawdads Sing" is at once an exquisite ode to the natural world, a heartbreaking coming-of-age story, and a surprising tale of possible murder. Owens reminds us that we are forever shaped by the children we once were, and that we are all subject to the beautiful and violent secrets that nature keeps. Location: 392 21st St, Vero Beach. Open to the public and eligible for a 10% discount if purchased from the VBBC.
• UP ON TOP!: Volleyball is back at the Indian River County Intergenerational Recreation Center! Sponsored by Up On Top Volleyball. The iG Center is located at 1590 9th St SW in Vero Beach. For more information call (772) 207-7766.
• Vero Premier Women's Luncheon: This women-only event allows for those who work or service the Vero Beach area a chance to promote their businesses and the services of others they've done work with from the monthly luncheon. From 11:30 - 1:30 p.m. on the second Friday of every month. Location: Regency Park An Independent Living Community, 910 Regency Square in Vero Beach.
The cost is $20 which includes entry, food, networking and the featured speaker. A portion of the proceeds goes to 2 local non-profits throughout the year. To rsvp please email AnnaV@WhiteGloveUSA.net
• Networking with the Capt'n at Capt'n Butcher's: Share a few words about your business or non-profit or update the community on your events and opportunities. Sponsored by City Guide.
Door prizes and a 50/50 raffle will benefit a local charity. 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Location: 1730 Indian River Dr. in Sebastian. Visit: www.captainbutchers.com.
• Pints and Poses Donation Yoga: Every Sunday at 11am with Samantha Lavery at the Gifford Historical Museum and Cultural Center!
Stay after class and receive $1 off beer and kombucha.
Updated safety protocols:
Students encouraged to wear mask when not practicing; Students must place mats at least 6′ from others; Students asked to sanitize their mats in between classes; Rental mats not available at this time. Please bring your own mat, props, etc.; No hands on assists will be provided. Verbal assists only.
Please be mindful of others and observe social distancing. Please sign in for class when you arrive.
Welcome back yogis!
To learn more about the Gifford Historical Museum and Cultural Center: https://www.giffordhistoricalmuseum.org/