FRIDAY JULY 23
• Vero Beach's Summer KidFest: Free films, seven days a week, all summer long! Every day at 10 a.m. The Majestic 11 theater in Vero Beach will feature a family-friendly G or PG rated film for your kids to enjoy, with new movies premiering on Fridays.
Visit CWTheaters.com/KidFest for full details and make your plans today!
The Majestic 11 theater is located at 940 14th Lane in Vero Beach.
• Indian River's Got Talent: Use Your Talent to Support the Environmental learning Center. Step up, be brave, let loose and help us unite the community in a celebration of what makes Indian River truly special.
Individual and group video submissions by any age are being accepted now at - IndianRiversGotTalent.com. You must be a resident of Indian River County.
The deadline date has not yet been set as we are waiting to see when folks feel comfortable gathering and practicing their acts together, but it will likely be Fall 2021 with finale at ELC’s new event pavilion in early 2022.
• Pelican Island Audubon Society Summer Camps: Give your child a summer of outdoor adventure, exploration, and education at Pelican Island Audubon Society’s summer camp!
There is one more one week-long camp session from July 26-30. The camp is appropriate for children aged 10-17.
Register online at - https://bit.ly/3z54ivI .
The camp is held at Audubon House, 195 9th St. SE (Oslo Road), in Vero Beach.
The cost is $200 per week.
For sibling and/or additional weeks are $185. Space is not guaranteed until full payment is made, and confirmation is received. Limited scholarships are available.
Space is limited to eight children per session. Activities include kayaking, wildlife & plant identification, outdoor adventures, hiking, science education, and more!
Payment can be made online via credit card or contact the Audubon office at 772-567-3520 for alternative payment options (check or cash).
• Summer Kids Camp at BigShots Golf: Have you signed your LittleShot up for our Summer Kids Camps yet? If not there’s still time to register and let your kiddo (age 7-12) learn from our experts! These are weekly camp sessions.
There is 1 more camp in July from July 26th to the 30th.
Learn more at - https://verobigshots.com/
Call (772) 979-4653 for details.
BigShots Golf is located at 3456 U.S. 1 in Vero Beach.
THURSDAY JULY 22
• Battle for the Big Top: Les Standiford presents his new book 'Battle for the Big Top" at the Vero Beach Book Center on Thursday July 22 at 6 p.m.
With the closing of Ringling Bros., Barnum & Bailey circus in 2017 after 145 years, interest in the American Circus has grown—especially with movies like The Greatest Showman and live shows like Circe de Soleil paying wondrous homage. Now, adding to this growing circus nostalgia is New York Times bestselling author Les Standiford with his new book Battle for the Big Top: P.T. Barnum, James Bailey, John Ringling, and the Death-Defying Saga of the American Circus.
The Vero Beach Book Center is located at 392 21st Street in Vero Beach.
SATURDAY JULY 24
• Octopus Ultra: The Vero Beach Octopus Ultra takes place on Saturday July 24 at 3105 Wabasso Island Lane in Vero Beach. The Octopus Ultra is a race born out of 2020 and the year of the canceled races. Like most fine Ultras, the Octopus originated in the RD's garage...the summer of 2020 in South Florida.
Enjoy the water, jungles, trails, roads and off the beat and path parks of Vero Beach...but don't expect comfort and joy and vacation...it's July 24th and you are in the Tropics...not to mention the multiple (22) bridge crossings. Be ready to be wowed by the beauty and challenged by the elements and landscaping of the Vero Beach Octopus Ultra.
Learn more at - https://ultrasignup.com/register.aspx?did=79477.
This virtual race is on the honor system. You are responsible for uploading your distances before the cut off date July 25, 2021 at 11:59PM EST.
SUNDAY JULY 25
• Unity Spiritual Center Artist Series: The Artist Series welcomes Dr. Jacob Craig and the FPC Youth String Orchestra to our opening concert on Sunday July 25th at 4 p.m.
We are delighted to welcome the FPC Youth String Orchestra to our opening performance on July 25th.
These multi-talented musicians received 1st place with Superior Distinction at Universal Studios Music in the Park competition in 2019. Their professionalism and command of this art form is astounding.
This will be their final fundraising performance before they leave for Colorado to represent Vero Beach in the Aspen Invitational Music Festival.
Open to the Public.
Suggested donation $10. Limited seating.
For reservations and further details visit - https://www.verovinofestival.com/artist-series
The Unity Church of Vero Beach is located at 950 43rd Ave in Vero Beach.
MONDAY JULY 26 thru SATURDAY AUGUST 7
• The Riverside Dance Festival - Student Workshops: This is a unique experience in Intensive Summer Study presented by Riverside Theatre and Ballet Vero Beach. The workshops run from Monday July 26 through Saturday August 7.
Accepted students will experience day-to-day life with konverjdans from New York City.
Students will have the opportunity to take daily technique classes in Ballet and Contemporary Dance forms from konverjdans and Riverside’s own distinguished faculty, they will also participate in master classes, open rehearsals, and work towards the creation of their own work to be performed alongside konverjdans in a mixed repertory concert to culminate the festival.
All applications/auditions should be submitted digitally this season.
2021 Information Packet/Audition Dates - https://bit.ly/3eOMAV6.
For instructions on how to apply - https://bit.ly/3yd9bCt.
Tuition Assistance Application - https://www.riversidetheatre.com/discount-tuition-application.
FRIDAY AUGUST 6
• Gallery Stroll: Galleries and businesses in historic downtown Vero Beach participate in the First Friday Gallery Stroll held from 5 to 8 p.m. on the first Friday of every month. The stroll is based along 14th Avenue from 19th Street to 23rd Street and the surrounding area. Both galleries and select businesses exhibit new artwork each month in a lively gallery reception atmosphere.
The next Gallery stroll is set for Friday August 6 from 5 to 8 p.m.
Complimentary Golf Cart transportation is provided for the event!
Transportation loop departs from the parking lot on 12th Ct. between the Twin Pairs or the Jetson Building - East & Westbound 20th St.
Learn more at - email@example.com
Questions? Call (772) 643-6782.
SUNDAY AUGUST 8
•"Summon the Heroes: Music of the Olympics": The Space Coast Symphony Orchestra performs - "Summon the Heroes: Music of the Olympics". This is a multi-media concert with archival and news footage, original film and photo choreography. It happens at 3 p.m. on Sunday Agust 8 at the Vero Beach High School Performing Arts Center.
Tickets are $30 advance, $35 at the door. The concert is free for those 18 years of age and under or for those that have a student ID.
Learn more at - SpaceCoastSymphony.org.
Questions? Call - (855) 252-7276.
The Vero Beach High School Performing Arts Center is located at 1707 16th Street in Vero Beach.
SUNDAY AUGUST 15
• America’s Got Talent: The Space Coast Symphony Orchestra presents America’s Got Talent standouts, Jacob Velazquez & Ashley Marina, live in concert on Sunday August 15 at 3 p.m. at the Vero Beach Performing Arts Center. This is a free concert.
Jacob is a thirteen year old songwriter and multi instrumentalist from South Florida who has performed on national TV shows including Good Morning America, The View, and The Steve Harvey Show. Jacob was diagnosed with a form of autism at the age of four called PDDNOS, and has helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for charitable organizations.
Ashley is a thirteen year old singer-songwriter from Pittsburgh who has performed with NBC's The Voice Finalist Chris Jamison, Nashville's CMA Fest Spotlight Showcase, and Opry Mills.
Ashley has three original #1 singles in "You’ll Always Be My Hero", "Move a Mountain" and “Trust Somebody”.
The two rising stars teamed up to write ‘Time to Shine’, an anthem meant to inspire others to go for their dreams. The song is being considered for the 2022 Special Olympics USA Games in Orlando.
The Vero Beach Performing Arts Center is located at 1707 16th Street in Vero Beach.
WEDNESDAY SEPT. 29 THROUGH SUNDAY OCT. 3
• 2nd Indianhead Reunion: The Second (Indianhead) Division Association is searching for anyone who served in the Army's 2nd Infantry Division at any time. For information about the association and our 99th annual reunion in Kansas City, Missouri from September 29 - October 3.
• Treasure Coast Harvest: Welcome to the Treasure Coast Harvest online farmers market. The market is open weekly from 6 a.m. on Thursday until 11:59 p.m. on Monday. You can order online at https://tcharvest.com/products.
We process all orders Tuesday, they are then delivered to your residence on Wednesday. We ask that you leave a cooler with ice on your doorstep for delivery drop off. The driver will text the phone number provided once the order has been dropped off in your cooler. We offer cold storage bags to purchase on our website should you not have a cooler available. For orders under $30.00 we charge a $3.00 delivery fee. For all orders over $30. Free delivery.
You can now Pick up your Treasure Coast Harvest at Walking Tree Brewery and meet the farmers providing local, pasture raised chicken, pork and eggs! The Walking Tree Brewery is located at 3209 Dodger Road in Vero Beach. Thank you for supporting Treasure Coast agriculture!
• Downtown Vero Walking Culinary Tour: Join us at Treasure Coast Culinary Tours to savor the flavors of downtown Vero Beach during an easy 2 1/2 hour walking tour. The tours are conducted on various days throughout the week. For time and place call (772) 999-6141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy 5-6 delicious tastings including Hawaiian, craft beer, traditional Irish, southern comfort, seafood and more. At our stops you will have time to sit and relax while savoring different dishes and will have plenty to drink as well. Think of it as a multi-course meal, but instead of staying put at one table in one place, you move around to a variety of venues. We tour rain or shine.
Learn more at - https://www.treasurecoastculinarytours.com/.
Stops on the food tour may include: Artisan shops, Craft beer, Seafood, Hawaiian, Authentic Irish.
• Vero Beach Bookies: On the second Monday of every month from 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. the Vero Beach Bookies book club meets at the Vero Beach Book Center (VBBC) to discuss the title of the month.
Location: 392 21st St, Vero Beach. Open to the public and eligible for a 10% discount if purchased from the VBBC.
• UP ON TOP!: Volleyball is back at the Indian River County Intergenerational Recreation Center! Sponsored by Up On Top Volleyball. The iG Center is located at 1590 9th St SW in Vero Beach. For more information call (772) 207-7766.
• Vero Premier Women's Luncheon: This women-only event allows for those who work or service the Vero Beach area a chance to promote their businesses and the services of others they've done work with from the monthly luncheon. From 11:30 - 1:30 p.m. on the second Friday of every month. Location: Regency Park An Independent Living Community, 910 Regency Square in Vero Beach.
The cost is $20 which includes entry, food, networking and the featured speaker. A portion of the proceeds goes to 2 local non-profits throughout the year. To RSVP please email AnnaV@WhiteGloveUSA.net.
• The Sebastian River Art Club: The Sebastian River Art Club is located in beautiful Sebastian. The gallery is open every Tuesday and Thursday from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m.
The Sebastian River Art Club is a 501(c)(3) organization with over 150 members of diverse mediums who exhibit their works at local venues and within our own gallery space here in the Art Center. Members actively participate on committees, working towards the benefit of the Club and the community, in addition to enjoying the benefits of painting and learning with others during our classes and open studio painting.
Learn more here - https://www.sebastianriverartclub.com/. The Sebastian River Art Club is located at 1245 Main Street in Sebastian.
• Coffee with The Mayor: Join Main Street Vero Beach in partnership with the Vero Heritage Center as we host a monthly Coffee with the Mayor from 8 to 9 a.m. on the second Friday of every month. The Mayor of Vero Beach is Tony Young.
Learn about current happenings around town, learn about some of our wonderful local businesses, and promote your upcoming event to attendees over coffee and a light continental breakfast. You are welcome to bring a door prize. We always have a guest speaker, and if you are interested in being our guest speaker contact Main Street Vero Beach.
Learn More at - https://www.mainstreetverobeach.org/mornings_on_main_street/.
The Vero Beach Heritage Center is located at 2140 14th Ave. in Vero Beach.
• Gallery Stroll Downtown Vero Beach: Galleries and businesses in historic downtown Vero Beach participate in the First Friday Gallery Stroll held from 5 to 8 p.m. on the first Friday of every month. The stroll takes place along 14th Avenue from 19th Street to 23rd Street and the surrounding area. Both galleries and select businesses exhibit new artwork each month in a lively gallery reception atmosphere.
Learn more at - https://www.mainstreetverobeach.org/gallery-stroll/.
• Premier Women's Network: Join us at the Crab Stop from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on the 2nd Friday of each month for a chance to meet fellow business ladies in the Vero Beach area.
Come hungry, mix and mingle, bring business cards and wear a name badge. Come enjoy a positive room full of professional women.
It is non-industry exclusive with the opportunity to make valuable connections and be a resource for your personal circles of influence. Meetings are one time a month with no annual fee, just pay for lunch and have fun when you can attend.
Reserve a seat and learn more at - https://veropremierwomensnetwork.com/events/#!event/2021/5/14/vero-ladies-apos-luncheon.
The Crab Stop is located at 898 Royal Palm Pointe in Vero Beach.
• Networking with the Capt'n at Capt'n Butcher's: Share a few words about your business or non-profit or update the community on your events and opportunities. Sponsored by City Guide.
Door prizes and a 50/50 raffle will benefit a local charity. 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Location: 1730 Indian River Dr. in Sebastian. Visit: www.captainbutchers.com.
• Pints and Poses Donation Yoga: Every Sunday at 11am with Samantha Lavery at the Gifford Historical Museum and Cultural Center. Stay after class and receive $1 off beer and kombucha. Welcome back yogis!
Updated safety protocols: Students encouraged to wear mask when not practicing; Students must place mats at least 6 feet from others; Students asked to sanitize their mats in between classes; Rental mats not available at this time. Please bring your own mat, props, etc.; No hands on assists will be provided. Verbal assists only.
Please be mindful of others and observe social distancing. Please sign in for class when you arrive.
To learn more about the Gifford Historical Museum and Cultural Center: https://www.giffordhistoricalmuseum.org/.