FRIDAY, MARCH 9
• Port St. Lucie Seafood Festival: The Port St. Lucie Seafood Festival benefits the Boys & Girls Club of St. Lucie County.Enjoy delicious seafood from across the Treasure Coast with ice-cold adult beverages while you browse business and craft vendors and the little ones have fun in the KidZone.FREE parking, kids under 18 FREE, and the Kids Zone is FREE with adult paid admittance of $8 per ticket into the festival.Live music entertainment schedule coming soon. This event will be held at Port St. Lucie Civic Center, Port St. Lucie, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. For more information, visit http://bgcofslc.org/seafood-festival.
THURSDAY, MARCH 14
• Shenanigans & Shamrocks: Rainfall Reggae performing live at River Nights at the Westmoreland Riverfront Park located at 2454 S.E. Westmoreland Blvd. Thursday, March 14, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. Enjoy a tranquil and relaxing evening overlooking the beautiful St. Lucie River. Cash bar and food available for purchase. For more information, call 772-344-4142 or visit www.cityofpsl.com/residents/parks-recreation
SATURDAY, MARCH 16
• Jackson and the 2nd Seminole War: Explore the history of the Treasure Coast with a four-part series at the Paula A. Lewis Library, starting at 10:30 a.m. This week, Indian River State College Professor Ronald Frazer will cover Jackson and the 2nd Seminole War. These events are free and open to everyone. The Paula Lewis Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 2950 Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie. For more information call the Paula Lewis Branch Library at 772-871-7258 or email@example.com or visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.
• St. Patricks Day Parade: On Saturday, Mar. 16 from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m at the Civic Center Village Square located at 9221 S.E. Civic Center Place Parade. The parage will feature Miss Irish Rose Pageant, The Rowdy Mics, Bangers & Mash, midway carnival and Irish Dance groups performing! Corn Beef & Cabbage and Irish beer. $14.35 per child per day. Ages 6-11. For more information, call 772-344-4142 or visit www.cityofpsl.com/residents/parks-recreation
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27
• Peter Rabbit Screening: Hop over to the Lakewood Park Branch Library’s Movie Matinee on Wednesday, March 27 at 3:30 p.m. for a showing of “Peter Rabbit.”Featuring the voices of James Corden and Fayssal Bazzi, this adaptation of Beatrix Potter's classic tale is a mix of live-action and animation featuring a rebellious rabbit trying to sneak into a farmer's vegetable garden. With a running time of 95 minutes, the movie is rated PG. For additional information about library programs contact the staff at 772-462-6870; email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.stlucieco.gov/library
FRIDAY, MARCH 29
• Dow Finsterwald Golf Classic: 24th annual benefit for Hibiscus Children's Center will be held at the Santa Lucia River Club at Ballantrae, 3325 Ballantrae Blvd., Port St. Lucie. Four person scramble format; $150 per player. Register by March 22. Registration and light lunch at noon, 1 p.m. shotgun start. Golf awards, cocktails and heavy hors d'oeuvres follow the tournament. For more information, call (772) 334-9311, Ext. 404, or email email@example.com.
• Anita Prentic Art Reception: A reception will be held Friday, March 29 for artist Anita Prentic to benefit Heathcote Botanical Gardens, located at 210 Savannah Road in Fort Pierce. Guests will be able to win "Bunting Under the Sun", a framed mosaic piece. Drawing will begin at 6 p.m. with a 7 p.m. reception. Tickets are $10 or three for $35. For more information, call 772-464-4672 or visit www. heathcotebotanicalgardens.org.
SUNDAY, APRIL 7
• Tea in the Gardens: The Heathcote Botanical Gardens, located at 210 Savannah Road in Fort Pierce, will host a tea part in the gardens on Sunday, April 7 from 2-4 p.m. Vintage linens and china, delicious food including a variety of tea sandwiches. $50 for Individuals, $175 Table for 4, $40 for Heathcote Members, $150 Table for four. For more information, call 772-464-4672 or visit www.heathcotebotanicalgardens.org
SUNDAY, APRIL 15
• Tea Time: A Journey through the Decades: An afternoon tea tasting featuring teas from around the world to benefit Treasure Coast Hospice Pediatric Care. This event will be held at 1120 Seaway Drive, Ft. Pierce, 12:30 p.m. For more information, visit https://treasurehealth.org/event/tea-time-a-journey-through-the-decades.
SATURDAY, APRIL 13
• 15th Annual Earth Day Festival at Oxbow Eco-Center: Join friends and neighbors in a celebration of all that wildlife and wild lands offer us -- beauty, inspiration, vital resources, and a sense of belonging to a community. This year, the Oxbow’s Earth Day Festival will be bigger and better than ever. The goal for our Earth Day Festival is to bring the community together to increase and reinforce awareness, knowledge and stewardship of our natural resources, inspire individual and community commitment to conservation, highlight organizations and businesses committed to sustainability, and lastly but most importantly TO HAVE FUN and CELEBRATE OUR EARTH. This event will be held at 5400 N.E. St. James Drive, Port St. Lucie, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. For more information, visit https://www.stlucieco.gov/departments-services/a-z/oxbow-eco-center/earth-day-at-the-oxbow-eco-center.
SATURDAY, APRIL 20
• Hurricane of 1928: Explore the history of the Treasure Coast with a four-part series at the Paula A. Lewis Library, starting at 10:30 a.m. This week, Indian River State College Professor Ronald Frazer will cover the Hurricane of 1928. These events are free and open to everyone. The Paula Lewis Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 2950 Rosser Blvd., Port St. Lucie. For more information call the Paula Lewis Branch Library at 772-871-7258 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.
SATURDAY, MAY 4
• Ultimate Drive Golf Tournament: Fifth annual golf tournament benefit for the United Way of St. Lucie County. 8:30 a.m., Fairwinds Golf Course, 4400 Fairwinds Drive, Fort Pierce. To register for the tournament or for information on sponsorship opportunities, contact Roxanne Wells at (772) 464-5300 or email@example.com.
• Guided Kayaking Tours: Tours start at 8 a.m. on Friday and Saturday mornings, Savannas Preserve State Park, 2541 Walton Road, Port St. Lucie. Tour the park by water with experienced kayak guides at your side. Cost is $10 per person donation to the Friends of Savannas (FriendsofSavannas.org), plus the state park admission fee ($2 a person, or $3 for a vehicle with up to 8 people). All equipment is included with your donation. The minimum age for participation is 6 years old. Reservations are required; call the park's education center at (772) 398-2779.
• Dinner & Dance: 6-9 p.m. every Tuesday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $14 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Bingo & trivia: Entertainment by AJ the DJ, plus drink specials, free bingo, prizes, and pop-quiz trivia, every Tuesday from 8-10 p.m., St. Lucie Lanes, 6759 S. U.S. 1, Port St. Lucie. For more information, call (772) 461-5390 or (772) 873-2981.
• Dance: 7-9:30 p.m. every Thursday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $8 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Mangrove & Manatee Tours: Fort Pierce Outdoor Center’s Mangrove & Manatee Tour takes guests on either a paddleboard or kayak through the mangrove estuaries and boundary waters surrounding Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guests can expect to see a variety of seabirds and aquatic life, even a manatee or pod of dolphins. The tour is suitable for participants of all ages and skill levels, and includes all necessary rental equipment, safety gear, and a dedicated tour guide to lead your expedition. Make sure to bring along water bottles, sunscreen, and any waterproof gear for your electronics, as this tour provides many opportunities for photo taking. The tour is 90 minutes to two hours, and begins at 9 a.m. and noon, Monday through Saturday as weather permits. Get a 360 degree view of the waterways and ecosystems of Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guided tour is $40 per person. Or, rent a paddleboard or kayak from the center to take your own adventure. The center faces Tucker Cove and is located at 905 Shorewinds Drive, Fort Pierce. Call (772) 979-4434 for more information. Reserve your spots online at fortpierceoutdoorcenter.com/eco-tours/.
• A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery: 500 N. Indian River Drive, along the waterfront in historic downtown Fort Pierce. Summer hours are Saturday and Sunday only through Sept. 17; the museum will close for the summer from Sept. 18 through mid-October. Admission is $5 per person. Museum members, children under 18 and active duty military admitted free; AARP, AAA and veterans with proper ID receive $2 discount on admission. For more information, call (772) 465-0630 or visit www.BackusMuseum.com.
• Jazz Society events: Tuesday, jazz jams at the Sunrise Black Box Theatre, 117 S. Second St., Fort Pierce, from 7-10 p.m. $6 cover for non-members. Full bar available. Every other Wednesday evening, jazz jams at the gardens, 6:30-9:30 p.m. $3 cover. Wine and beer available. 2410 Westmoreland Blvd., Port St. Lucie. Saturday mornings, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., jazz market in downtown Fort Pierce along the Indian River waterfront, featuring creative arts and crafts.
• Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582 have ongoing events. Every day, bar bingo, from 10 a.m.-1 a.m. Tuesdays, ladies night from 7 -11 p.m. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. Wednesdays, bingo 6:30-11 p.m., 12 games, final game pot is $300. Thursdays, Texas Hold-em 7-11 p.m. Buy in is $20. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. – Fridays, open mic jam with Shawn, 7-11 p.m. - Everyone welcome. Men’s night - 7-11 p.m. Saturdays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. Sundays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. - Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582 is located at 510 S. U.S. 1, No. 3, Fort Pierce. After 9 p.m. must be 21. For more information, call (772) 461-2750.
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.