EVERY WEDNESDAY IN JULY
• Gardening for Healthy Families: Get your hands dirty during this interactive gardening class for all ages! Join us 3:30pm – 4:30pm every Wednesday in July to learn about the local fruits and veggies that grow well in Stuart and gain valuable nutrition information. New topics every week. Delicious and healthy snacks provided! Rain or Shine. Golden Gate Center for Enrichment, 3225 SE Dixie Highway, Stuart, FL 34997. Phone: (772) 286-4673 x1600. www.goldengatecentermc.org.
SATURDAY, JULY 20 - SATURDAY, JULY 27
• Kilmer, Port St. Lucie Libraries Host Teen Escape Rooms: FORT PIERCE – Two St. Lucie County Branch Libraries will be converted to Escape Rooms for teens this July. “Mission to Mars” will take place at the Susan Broom Kilmer Branch Library on Saturday, July 20 and the Port St. Lucie Branch Library on Saturday, July 27 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Designed for teens in grades six through 12, teams will have 30 minutes to solve a challenging escape room puzzle set in outer space. This program is free, but registration is required. Groups may register together or as a team. Individuals will be placed on a team the day of the event.
To sign up for the Kilmer Branch Escape Room, located at 101 Melody Lane in Fort Pierce, call 772-462-1615 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for the Port St. Lucie Branch Escape Room, located at 180 SW Prima Vista Blvd, Port St. Lucie, call 772-871-5450 or email email@example.com.
For more information about St. Lucie County Library programs visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.
MONDAY, JULY 29 - FRIDAY, AUGUST 2
• Puppets Come Alive at the Oxbow Summer Camp: The Oxbow Eco-Center will offer its premier Art of Puppetry Camp this summer for children ages 8 to 12, running July 29 through Aug. 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Participants will explore the many kinds of puppets with the help of professional puppeteers from around the state. Both IBEX Puppetry and Katie Adams’ Make Believe Theater will offer workshops on storytelling, the history of puppetry and puppet-making.
Campers will build a variety of puppets, including giant dragonfly hand puppets, shadow puppets with moveable parts and sandhill crane marionettes. The camp also features lessons on the fundamentals of performing. As a grand finale, campers will present a show for family and friends. Cost for the camp is $200. To register for Oxbow Summer Camps, visit www.oxboweco.com and click on the Summer Camps tab.
Puppets are a delight for all ages and have been used for thousands of years to tell stories and entertain audiences. Oxbow Eco-Center is pleased to continue this artistic tradition.
IBEX Puppetry has worked with the Oxbow previously during last year’s Procession of the Species, including a special puppetry-making workshop for teachers and adults. Based out of Central Florida, IBEX was founded in 2000 by Creative Director Heather Henson, daughter of famous puppeteer Jim Henson.
Based in Tampa, Katie Adams is a professional storyteller and member of the Puppeteers of American and the National Storytelling Network. She has been a professional puppet artist since 1986, and she loves to bring puppet shows to audiences all over the southeast and beyond.
For anyone interested in participating in the 3rd Annual Procession of the Species on Saturday, Oct. 26 – this summer camp is the perfect opportunity to work on your costume and puppetry skills.
The Oxbow Eco-Center is a St. Lucie County Environmental Learning Center encompassing 225 acres along the St. Lucie River, located at 5400 NE St. James Drive in Port St. Lucie.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 9
• Butterflies in Florida: Manatee Observation Center located at 480 N Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce will host Atala Butterflies in Florida, presented by Ken Gioeli of St. Lucie County UF/IFAS Extension. The Lunch & Learn Lecture Series takes place at 12 p.m. on the 2nd Friday of each month. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (772) 429-6266 or visit www.manateeeducationcenter.org
SATURDAY, AUGUST 31
• Fishing for Futures Tournament: The 2nd Annual Fishing for Futures will take place on Saturday, August 31 at the Manatee Observation Center located at 480 N Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce. The event will be benefiting the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County. $12,000 of a total prize package and $5,000 for the biggest fish will be awarded. The tournament will encompass both inshore and offshore fishing. For more information, call 772-460-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 7
• Rockin’ The Range Music Festival: Rockin' the Range music festival is a multi-genre music festival that will take place in Port St. Lucie, Florida, September 7. The festival is a one day event, which will include multiple headlining acts in a brand new venue with a capacity of 10,000, called “The Range”. The purpose of the event is to provide the Treasure Coast community with family friendly entertainment. The event will be highlighted by several unique features such as: a professional stage with catwalk, a large format LED screen, live video displayed on LED screen, and a community access side stage. Community engagement & support initiatives are incorporated into this event with revenue sharing opportunities for groups such as the SLC explorers, music education programs, etc. For more information, contact Bryan Yak at 732-397-9134 Bryanytmg@gmail.com
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 13
• A&E at Manatee: Manatee Observation Center located at 480 N Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce will host Arts and Environment, presented by Marshall Adams, Director of the A.E. Backus Museum. The Lunch & Learn Lecture Series takes place at 12 p.m. on the 2nd Friday of each month. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call (772) 429-6266 or visit www.manateeeducationcenter.org
• Family Night at Chubbies: Chubbies Neighborhood Restaurant, located at 6634 S. Highway 1 in Port St. Lucie host a "Family Fun Night" every Tuesday night from 5-8 p.m. Children 12 years or younger eat free with the purchase of adult entrée. Activities include bingo, pop-quiz trivia, music, prizes and Face Painting by Miss Georgie. For more information, call (772) 302-3422
• Food Truck Fridays: Located at 10708 SW Tradition Sq, Port St Lucie on the First Friday of every month. Chow Down Food Trucks at Tradition Square in Port Saint Lucie. The Best South Florida's Gourmet Food Trucks are coming to see you and will prepare their best dishes with a wide variety of cuisines; Wings, Tacos, Asian, Seafood, Mediterranean, American Comfort, BBQ, Cuban, Latin, Fusion, Dessert etc. Every meal is Freshly prepared and Cooked to order!!! Come on down enjoy the beautiful sunset!!!! It's a night for friends and family gethering and hang out together have dinner & dessert from the best gourmet food trucks.
Start serving from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Bring your lawn chair or blanket, Enjoy gourmet food & have a beer or a glass of wine or mixed drinks.
Let's the kid have fun with Bounce House, play ground, games & more activities.
Music by super Dj playing top hits from soft to the upbeat music. Shop local; souvenir and art craft vendors.
• Golf Camp: The Port St. Lucie Parks and Recreation provides summer golf camps: July 22-25 from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Cost of the Camp 1 is $60 and $95 for Camp 2. at the The Saints Golf Course located at 2601 SE Morningside Boulevard in Port St. Lucie. Instruction will include: introduction to golf, rules of golf, etiquette, short game and full swing fundamentals. Each camper will receive a free Saints logo hat. Each session will include pitch, putt, and skills competitions. Golf clubs available at no charge. For more information and the Junior Golf Summer Camp Registration Form, contact 772-398-2901
• Karaoke and Trivia nights with A Kiss By A Rose Dj's: Every Monday through Thursday Trivia is hosted by supporting staff with A Kiss By A Rose DJ's (Steve, Sue, Sean, Randy and Matt). Each venue offers great prizes to the top three placing winners and the best part is, there is no buy-in neccesary. Play for fun, fair and square for everyone with new trivia questions asked weekly to change things up along with a randomly assorted variety of questions from history to movies, music, science and more facts. Test your knowledge with some friends on a night out. Not to stop there, Karaoke is also offered every Friday and on the first and third weekend every Saturday every month. Below are listed Venue locations and times:
Monday- 7p.m. to 9p.m
Shuckers (Jensen Beach)
Tuesday- 7p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hurricanes (Jensen Beach)
Island Root Kava Bar (Stuart)
(Second and Fourth week each Month)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Wednesday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Maya's Mexican Grill (Palsm City)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Applebee's (Port St. Lucie)
Thursday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Chubbies (Port St. Lucie)
Saint Lucie Trails Golf Course (Saint Lucie West)
Friday- 9p.m. to 12a.m.
Applebee's (Fort Pierce)
Saturday- 7p.m. to 11p.m.
Chubbies (Port St. Lucie) (Every first and third week each month)
With 14 years of DJ experience we specialize in Weddings, Parties, Trivia, Karaoke, Ceremonies, Benefits and more. We also include uplighting, making for a memorable event with great music and hosts.
• Guided Kayaking Tours: Tours start at 8 a.m. on Friday and Saturday mornings, Savannas Preserve State Park, 2541 Walton Road, Port St. Lucie. Tour the park by water with experienced kayak guides at your side. Cost is $10 per person donation to the Friends of Savannas (FriendsofSavannas.org), plus the state park admission fee ($2 a person, or $3 for a vehicle with up to 8 people). All equipment is included with your donation. The minimum age for participation is 6 years old. Reservations are required; call the park's education center at (772) 398-2779.
• Dinner & Dance: 6-9 p.m. every Tuesday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $14 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Dance: 7-9:30 p.m. every Thursday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $8 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Mangrove & Manatee Tours: Fort Pierce Outdoor Center’s Mangrove & Manatee Tour takes guests on either a paddleboard or kayak through the mangrove estuaries and boundary waters surrounding Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guests can expect to see a variety of seabirds and aquatic life, even a manatee or pod of dolphins. The tour is suitable for participants of all ages and skill levels, and includes all necessary rental equipment, safety gear, and a dedicated tour guide to lead your expedition. Make sure to bring along water bottles, sunscreen, and any waterproof gear for your electronics, as this tour provides many opportunities for photo taking. The tour is 90 minutes to two hours, and begins at 9 a.m. and noon, Monday through Saturday as weather permits. Get a 360 degree view of the waterways and ecosystems of Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guided tour is $40 per person. Or, rent a paddleboard or kayak from the center to take your own adventure. The center faces Tucker Cove and is located at 905 Shorewinds Drive, Fort Pierce. Call (772) 979-4434 for more information. Reserve your spots online at fortpierceoutdoorcenter.com/eco-tours/.
• A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery: A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery is located at 500 N. Indian River Drive, along the waterfront in historic downtown Fort Pierce. Summer hours are Saturday and Sunday only through Sept. 17; the museum will close for the summer from Sept. 18 through mid-October. Admission is $5 per person. Museum members, children under 18 and active duty military admitted free; AARP, AAA and veterans with proper ID receive $2 discount on admission. For more information, call (772) 465-0630 or visit www.BackusMuseum.com.
• Jazz Society events: Tuesday, jazz jams at the Sunrise Black Box Theatre, 117 S. Second St., Fort Pierce, from 7-10 p.m. $6 cover for non-members. Full bar available. Every other Wednesday evening, jazz jams at the gardens, 6:30-9:30 p.m. $3 cover. Wine and beer available. 2410 Westmoreland Blvd., Port St. Lucie. Saturday mornings, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., jazz market in downtown Fort Pierce along the Indian River waterfront, featuring creative arts and crafts.
• Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582: Every day, bar bingo, from 10 a.m.-1 a.m. Tuesdays, ladies night from 7 -11 p.m. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. Wednesdays, bingo 6:30-11 p.m., 12 games, final game pot is $300. Thursdays, Texas Hold-em 7-11 p.m. Buy in is $20. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. – Fridays, open mic jam with Shawn, 7-11 p.m. - Everyone welcome. Men’s night - 7-11 p.m. Saturdays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. Sundays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. - Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582 is located at 510 S. U.S. 1, No. 3, Fort Pierce. After 9 p.m. must be 21. For more information, call (772) 461-2750.
• Free City of Port St Lucie Business Workshop: The City of Port St Lucie Business Tax Office conducts free business training workshops for existing, new, and relocating businesses in the city. Each workshop is approximately 90 minutes in length and covers a variety of topics, including permits, zoning, home-based businesses, marketing, code, contracting, and more. Attending these workshops will help companies and entrepreneurs avoid many pitfalls that they commonly encounter in setting up or running their businesses. The classes are free and pre-registration is requested but not required. Events take place through November 12. Located at 121 SW Port St Lucie Blvd, Building B, Port St. Lucie. Times vary, you may contact Chrystal Gomez at email: CGomez@CityofPSL.com or call (772)344-4238
• FRRC - Ft. Pierce Chapter Meeting: Ft. Pierce listen up! We have monthly meetings every 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Are you ready to use your voice to make a positive change in your community? We offer personal development, connections to other organizations that provide services to returning citizens. Come be apart of the organization that will help fight for the change we so desire. Located at 118 N 15th St, Fort Pierce. For more information email: David@Floridarrc.org or call (407)901-3749.
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to email@example.com. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.