THURSDAY, MAY 23 - FRIDAY, MAY 24
• Dear Edwina Jr. Comes to St. Lucie: The Creative Arts Academy of St. Lucie Musical Theatre proudly presents the coming-of-age musical “Dear Edwina Jr.” “Dear Edwina Jr.,” a part of Music Theatre International’s Broadway Junior Collection, is a musical about growing up, from the creators of “Junie B. Jones, The Musical.” The show follows 13-year-old Edwina Spoonapple, “advice giver extraordinaire,” and a host of neighborhood friends who film an advice column style television program in hopes of gaining fame for Edwina. Delightful musical numbers are featured throughout the show offering advice and wisdom on topics ranging from good manners, handling an embarrassing little brother and adapting to a family’s move to a new location.“Dear Edwina Jr.” is directed by Wallace Rahming, Sr., CAST musical theatre instructor. Performances will be held on May 23 and May 24, 2019 in the Creative Arts Academy Historic Auditorium. Admission is $5 for adults and $3 for students and children. Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the door. Creative Arts Academy is located at 1100 Delaware Avenue in Fort Pierce, Florida in advance or at the door. Auditorium doors open at 6:30 pm. The curtain rises at 7:00 p.m. For more information, call 772-429-5544.
SATURDAY, JUNE 1
• Little Mermaid at Sunrise Theatre: “The Little Mermaid” (Danish: Den lille havfrue) is a fairy tale written by the Danish author Hans Christian Andersen about a young mermaid who is willing to give up her life in the sea and her identity as a mermaid to gain a human soul. The play will be performed at the Sunrise Theatre, located at 117 S. 2nd Street in Fort Pierce on Saturday, June 1. Join us as we bring to stage this timeless tale of love, will, and sacrifice. Between two worlds, land and sea, follow the story of a mermaid princess torn between wanting to live a human life and stay in the sea to fulfill her father’s wishes. She is a curious girl with an open mind to what lies beyond the waters edge. For more information, times and tickets, call (772) 461-4884 or visit www.sunrisetheatre.com
• Low County Boil: Hog Huggers 1st Annual Low Country Boil Fundraiser with shrimp, sausage, corn, onion, and potatoes. The event will take place at 15601 Midway Road in Fort Pierce. We'll also have BBQ chicken for all you land lovers and an assortment of sides, rolls and lots of delicious desserts, tea, and lemonade. Live and silent auctions will take place, along with 50/50 raffles. Tickets are only $20 and can be purchased from any Hog Hugger 4H Member or Big John's Feed and Western Wear.
SATURDAY, JUNE 8
• Walk-a-thon for Domestic Violence: St. Lucie is hosting its 1st Annual Walk-A-Thon, in pursuit of opening a facility that will give abused victims a safe space to express their experiences; and overcome violence and crisis, through the services and resources RUFS Foundation will provide as they pursue a brighter future. The walk will take place at Sportsman Park West, located at 100-186 NW Irving Street in Port St. Lucie beginning at 8 a.m. Our goal and our passion is to put a stop to domestic and sexual abuse, and assist victims and survivors of all forms of abuse by encouraging them to come out of silence...and let their voices be heard. Registration fees are $20 for adults, $10 for kids 12 & under. A free T-Shirt is available with registration. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit rufsfoundation.com
SATURDAY, JUNE 8 - SUNDAY, JUNE 9
• Lionfish Safari: The 7th Annual Lionfish Safari is an awesome opportunity to learn more about the invasive Lionfish that are taking over our coastal waters. The event will take place at the Indian River Veterans Memorial Park, located at 600 N Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Divers can participate in the competition for biggest, smallest, and most lionfish removed from the water over the weekend, and cash prizes up to $2,000 will be awarded! Kid's Activities, Art, Awesome Bands and entertainment provided by Cosmic Barley, Vendors, Full bar provided by Bottoms Up Beverage, Food, Lionfish Tastings, etc. The scientific community will be on site taking measurements and samples so we can learn more about how to stop this predator from eating all of our native fish species. This educational event is fun for the entire family. The event will feature live lionfish, live bands, lionfish tasting, pig roast, education and family day exhibits and more. Team registrations are $125 and $40 for individuals. For more information, call (772) 577-4382 or visit www.sailfishbrewingco.com
MONDAY, JUNE 10 - TUESDAY, JUNE 11
• Two-Day Food Entrepreneurship Workshop: Join UF/IFAS Extension St. Lucie County for a two-day Florida Food Entrepreneurship Workshop at the new Sunshine Kitchen on Monday, June 10 and Tuesday, June 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. With growing interest in fresh local food, more people are starting their own small-scale food business, and the number of small food businesses in Florida is expected to continuously increase. To run a successful business in a competitive food market, you’ll need a good business plan and basic understanding about food processing, packaging, marketing and regulatory requirements. UF/IFAS Extension’s Food Entrepreneurship program can help get you started on your journey to success. Early-bird registration is $100 for one day and $150 for both dates before June 10. Standard registration is $125 for one day and $200 for both. Register online at uf-ifas-flfood2019fp.eventbrite.com. Class size will be limited to the first 30 registrants. The new 10,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art commercial kitchen space known as the Sunshine Kitchen is located at 7550 Pruitt Research Center Road inside the Treasure Coast Research Park, off Kings Highway in Fort Pierce. For more information contact Soo Ahn, assistant professor at UF/IFAS Food Science & Human Nutrition Department, call 352-294-3909 or email email@example.com
FRIDAY, JUNE 14
• 4th Annual Sailfish Beer Mile: The Treasure Coast's only Beer Mile is back as a fundraiser for the Early Learning Coalition of St. Lucie County beginning at 7 PM for the most hilarious race you will ever run (or watch!) on Friday, June 14 at Sailfish Brewing Company, located at 130 N. 2nd Street in Fort Pierce. Participants will be running a total of one mile in beautiful downtown Fort Pierce. The 4th Annual Sailfish Beer Mile is a one mile run that includes beer (or rootbeer), culminating in the Sailfish Beer Mile After Party. Register NOW earlybird rates at ONLY $35 per runner! New timing company with chips directly in your bib! Chip-timed by MCM Timing! $35 early-bird registration available until May 15. $45 pre-registration for BEER MILE includes four/ 6 ounce pour Beer, bottle-opener finisher medal & race tee-shirt. For more information, contact Taylor Welchel at Sailfish Brewing Company or Sue-Ellen Sanders at 772-971-6868 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
SATURDAY, JUNE 15
• Lungless, ZIION, The Ocean,The Beast & More: The BackRoom Tavern, located at 8283 South US 1 in Port Saint Lucie will host live music from Lungless, ZIION, The Ocean, The Beast, No Revives, A Faint Remembrance, and I Killed Anubis on Satuday, June 15. Doors open at 8 p.m. Tickets are $10 for those 18 years of old and above. For more information, call (772) 340-7774 or visit www.facebook.com/TheBackRoomTavern.
SUNDAY, JUNE 23
• Solsctice Drum Circle: Celebrate the beginning of Summer with local drumming enthusiasts at the Summer Solstice Drum Circle hosted by the Savannas Preserve State Park! Please feel free to bring a drum if you have one, and join in the rhythm. Or you can just come and enjoy the ambiance in this beautiful and natural Preserve. Cost is $5/person. No reservations required. The Savannas Preserve State Park is located at 2541 SE Walton Road in Port St Lucie. The Drum Circle is from 7 pm to 9 pm on June 23, 2019. Please do not arrive to the Education Center prior to 6:30 p.m. For more information, visit www.floridastateparks.org/parks-and-trails/savannas-preserve-state-park
SATURDAY, AUGUST 31
• Fishing for Futures Tournament: The 2nd Annual Fishing for Futures will take place on Saturday, August 31 at the Manatee Observation Center located at 480 N Indian River Drive in Fort Pierce. The event will be benefiting the Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Lucie County. $12,000 of a total prize package and $5,000 for the biggest fish will be awarded. The tournament will encompass both inshore and offshore fishing. For more information, call 772-460-9918 or email email@example.com
• Guided Kayaking Tours: Tours start at 8 a.m. on Friday and Saturday mornings, Savannas Preserve State Park, 2541 Walton Road, Port St. Lucie. Tour the park by water with experienced kayak guides at your side. Cost is $10 per person donation to the Friends of Savannas (FriendsofSavannas.org), plus the state park admission fee ($2 a person, or $3 for a vehicle with up to 8 people). All equipment is included with your donation. The minimum age for participation is 6 years old. Reservations are required; call the park's education center at (772) 398-2779.
• Dinner & Dance: 6-9 p.m. every Tuesday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $14 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Bingo & trivia: Entertainment by AJ the DJ, plus drink specials, free bingo, prizes, and pop-quiz trivia, every Tuesday from 8-10 p.m., St. Lucie Lanes, 6759 S. U.S. 1, Port St. Lucie. For more information, call (772) 461-5390 or (772) 873-2981.
• Dance: 7-9:30 p.m. every Thursday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $8 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Mangrove & Manatee Tours: Fort Pierce Outdoor Center’s Mangrove & Manatee Tour takes guests on either a paddleboard or kayak through the mangrove estuaries and boundary waters surrounding Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guests can expect to see a variety of seabirds and aquatic life, even a manatee or pod of dolphins. The tour is suitable for participants of all ages and skill levels, and includes all necessary rental equipment, safety gear, and a dedicated tour guide to lead your expedition. Make sure to bring along water bottles, sunscreen, and any waterproof gear for your electronics, as this tour provides many opportunities for photo taking. The tour is 90 minutes to two hours, and begins at 9 a.m. and noon, Monday through Saturday as weather permits. Get a 360 degree view of the waterways and ecosystems of Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guided tour is $40 per person. Or, rent a paddleboard or kayak from the center to take your own adventure. The center faces Tucker Cove and is located at 905 Shorewinds Drive, Fort Pierce. Call (772) 979-4434 for more information. Reserve your spots online at fortpierceoutdoorcenter.com/eco-tours/.
• A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery: 500 N. Indian River Drive, along the waterfront in historic downtown Fort Pierce. Summer hours are Saturday and Sunday only through Sept. 17; the museum will close for the summer from Sept. 18 through mid-October. Admission is $5 per person. Museum members, children under 18 and active duty military admitted free; AARP, AAA and veterans with proper ID receive $2 discount on admission. For more information, call (772) 465-0630 or visit www.BackusMuseum.com.
• Jazz Society events: Tuesday, jazz jams at the Sunrise Black Box Theatre, 117 S. Second St., Fort Pierce, from 7-10 p.m. $6 cover for non-members. Full bar available. Every other Wednesday evening, jazz jams at the gardens, 6:30-9:30 p.m. $3 cover. Wine and beer available. 2410 Westmoreland Blvd., Port St. Lucie. Saturday mornings, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., jazz market in downtown Fort Pierce along the Indian River waterfront, featuring creative arts and crafts.
• Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582 have ongoing events. Every day, bar bingo, from 10 a.m.-1 a.m. Tuesdays, ladies night from 7 -11 p.m. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. Wednesdays, bingo 6:30-11 p.m., 12 games, final game pot is $300. Thursdays, Texas Hold-em 7-11 p.m. Buy in is $20. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. – Fridays, open mic jam with Shawn, 7-11 p.m. - Everyone welcome. Men’s night - 7-11 p.m. Saturdays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. Sundays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. - Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582 is located at 510 S. U.S. 1, No. 3, Fort Pierce. After 9 p.m. must be 21. For more information, call (772) 461-2750.
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.