FRIDAY, OCT. 15
• Social Bingo: Holy Family Catholic Church Parish Hall will host Social Bingo for the community at several dates throughout the year. Lunch served at 12 noon. Doors open at 11 a.m. Tickets are $7 in advance, $8 at the door and are available at the parish office. Advance purchase recommended to ensure seating. Ticket purchase includes 10 games of bingo and lunch. Chinese Auction, Money raffle, food basket. Holy Family Catholic Church is located at 2330 SE Mariposa Avenue in Port St. Lucie.
For more information call 772-398-1357.
SATURDAY, OCT. 16 - SUNDAY, OCT. 17
• Botanical Gardens Fall Garden Festival: The Heathcote Botanical Gardens will host their 2021 Fall Garden festival the weekend of Oct. 16-7. There will be plants for sale as well as games, food and plenty of family fun. Hours of operation are Oct. 16: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Oct 17 from 12-4 p.m. Heathcote Botanical Gardens is located at 210 Savannah Road in Fort Pierce. Free admission!
For more information and volunteer options, email email@example.com
TUESDAY, OCT. 19
• Kilmer Library Hosts Halloween Celtic Origins Lecture: The Susan Broom Kilmer Library will celebrates Halloween with a free lecture focused on the holiday’s Celtic origins, stories and mythologies on Tuesday, Oct. 19 at 1 p.m. with Dr. Dennis Sommers.Dressing up in costumes and trick-or-treating are popular Halloween activities, but few probably associate these lighthearted fall traditions with their origins in Samhain, a three-day ancient Celtic pagan festival. While all ages are welcome, this lecture is geared toward adults. A professor of Irish history and literature and published author, will share the history and origins of this celebration, Dr. Sommers holds a doctorate degree in historical theology, focusing on early Irish monasteries and the evolution of Irish literary tradition. He is now local to Fort Pierce, but served as the director of the Institute of Irish History and Culture at Trinity College, Dublin. He has been a professor of Irish history and literature for more than 25 years and has published seven books. Recipient of the Kilkenny Cultural Award, he is also an elected member of the National Social Science Honor Society.
The Susan Broom Kilmer Branch of the St. Lucie County Library System is located at 101 Melody Lane. For more information about programs visit: www.stlucieco.gov/Library.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 27 - THURSDAY, OCT. 28
• Historic Ghost Tours: On Wednesday and Thursday, Oct. 27-28, historical figures from Fort Pierce's past will tell their stories throughout the downtown area. The annual living history tour is a fun way to learn about the people that settled in the area before the conveniences of AC, mosquito control, and modern transportation. Each tour is $10 per person and is a very popular event that sells our fast. Please note that routes and characters are subject to change and participants are to around 5-10 minutes prior to their tour. Tour start locations will be staggered and attendees are suggested to check their emails prior to the tour. Tours will take place at several locations on both days. For more information and tickets, visit https://mainstreetfortpierce.org/
SATURDAY, NOV. 13
• Groucho's Comedy Club double headliners: Comedians Scotty Novotny and Johnny Mac will preform on Saturday, Nov. 13 at Groucho's Comedy Club. Scotty Novotny has been described as a mix of Robin Williams and Red Skelton. Johnny Mac, featured in the HBO film "The Recount", has worked with some of the most popular comedians in the industry. Door open at 5:30 p.m. Dinner at 6 p.m. Showtime is at 7 p.m. Showtime will take place at the Lakeview Bar and Grille, 951 S.W Country Club Drive in Port Saint Lucie. For more information, call 772-336-2507
SATURDAY, NOV. 20
• 3rd Annual Treasure Coast Wine & Ale Trail Festival: T The St. Lucie, Indian River and Martin County Tourism Offices and its partners are proud to present the 3rd Annual Treasure Coast Wine & Ale Trail Festival taking place on Saturday, Nov., 20 from 1 to 5 p.m. at Summer Crush Vineyard & Winery located at 4200 Johnston Road in Fort Pierce. Locals and visitors will enjoy locally made craft beer, wine and cider all crafted right here on the Treasure Coast.Beer, wine and cider will be flowing from 1 to 5 p.m. Tickets for the event are $25 in advance or $30 at the door which provides each attendee with one tasting glass and unlimited tastings. Tastings will be available from the members of the Treasure Coast Wine & Ale Trail. Guests wanting to attend the event, but not purchase an unlimited tasting ticket can enter with a $10 admission fee. Children 12 years and younger receive free admission.
Festival goers that book a one night stay with a festival partner hotel will receive 2 FREE tickets to the event. For a list of hotels and rates, visit www.tcwineandaletrail.com/festival/.
Tickets to the event can be purchased online at www.tcwineandaletrail.com/festival/.
Sunday, Nov. 28
Christmas with Emmet Cahill: Space Coast Symphony Orchestra will present " Christmas with Emmet Cahill" on Saturday, Nov. 28 in Vero Beach
There are a limited number of VIP Passes for both programs. VIP Passes, which are priced at $60, include:
An opportunity to participate in a LIVE Q & A and Meet & Greet with Emmet and Aaron prior to the concert (1hr 30m prior to show).
First pick of seating.
A signed Emmet Cahill photo.
Add to the magic of your holidays with a concert by Ireland’s most exciting young tenor and former principal vocalist for Celtic Thunder. Emmet Cahill returns to perform with Aaron Collins and your Space Coast Symphony in Christmas with Emmet Cahill, featuring beloved holiday songs and carols. Emmet will sing Silent Night, Panis Angelicus, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and O Holy Night as well as favorite classics from the Emerald Isle, including Danny Boy, An Irish Lullaby, I'll Take You Home Again Kathleen, When Irish Eyes Are Smiling, and many more. Performances are Nov. 28 at 3:00 p.m. at The Emerson Center, located at 1590 27th Ave. in Vero Beach For more information, visit https://spacecoastsymphony.org/
• The Jazz Market: The Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society Jazz Market is a year-round event. Every Saturday the Society hosts a Jazz Market "featuring creative arts & crafts" in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce on the waterfront of the Indian River.
The Jazz Market hours are 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Original hand made crafts, stained glass, Highwaymen paintings, hand-painted glassware and much, more are available for purchase. Funds raised support education programs and local scholarships.
The market is open to all crafters who wish to participate, given space available and our Market Managers discretion.
If you are an interested new vendor, applications are now being accepted.
For more information, please email: JazzMarket@jazzsociety.org
• Comedy Show and Dinner: The comedy shows are back at 6 p.m. on the first Friday of every month at the Lakeview Bar & Grille in the St. Lucie Trail Golf Club. Our dinner & comedy show is presented by GROUCHO'S COMEDY! We are open to the public, no gate access needed! Show starts at 8 pm with dinner before the show. Three (3) course dinner buffet including coffee & dessert is $39 plus tax and tip. You don't want to miss this! All of our servers wear masks for your protection. Social distancing is taking place Reservations are required. Call Karyn at 772-336-2507. The Lakeview Bar & Grille at St. Lucie Trail Golf Club is located at 951 S.W. Country Club Drive in Port St. Lucie.
• Virtual Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson: Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson is held every third Friday of the month from 8-9 a.m.
During these unprecedented times we will be hosting via Facebook Live at Main Street Fort Pierce- https://www.facebook.com/main.pierce.
This event is sponsored by Main Street Fort Pierce. It is a positive networking experience for those that attend. Businesses, community organizations, and newcomers to the area are welcome to share information about upcoming events or activities occurring in the Treasure Coast region.
• Live Country/Southern Rock: Every Friday night and Saturday night come hear live country and southern rock from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Good Times Rock Bar in Port St. Lucie.
You must be 21 and over. Free cover, great service, and the best bands!
Call us at (772) 337-3546 for up to date information on all of our entertainment.
The Good Times Rock Bar is located at 9144 S US Hwy 1 in the East Port Plaza in Port St Lucie.
• The SLC History Center: The St. Lucie Historical Society has unveiled a new exhibit at the St. Lucie County Regional History Center that is focused Fort Pierce Inlet’s past 100 years.
The exhibit includes information on Edwin Binney, the founder of Crayola Crayons. Binney was a part-time Fort Pierce resident, who invested heavily in the community from the creation of the inlet to saving a local bank during the Great Depression.
The St. Lucie County Regional History Center is located at 414 Seaway Drive on South Hutchinson Island in Fort Pierce.
The Center’s hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for seniors (55+), and $3 for children (4-17). Children (under 4 years old) are admitted free.
Joint tickets to the Regional History Center and St. Lucie County Aquarium are also available.
The St. Lucie County Regional History Center operates in partnership with St. Lucie County and volunteers from the St. Lucie Historical Society. The center can be reached at 772-462-1795 or online at www.stlucieco.gov.
• Fresh Market in Tradition: Come for a nice stroll through our “Fresh Market in Tradition” on every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Port St. Lucie at the “Tradition Neighborhood Market”. We have over 30 different vendors on one long strip ready to serve you with fresh and organic fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, raw honey, flowers plants, and more.
It is completely outdoors, perfect for social distancing and you can bring your four-legged friends and your strollers. Remember our vendors rotate so we don’t always have the same products but we’ll have something new every Saturday. The “Tradition Neighborhood Market" is located on SW Tradition Pkwy across from Target and Michael’s in Tradition, Port St Lucie
• School Day Play!: From noon until 4 p.m. every Friday of every month the Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie holds special park hours just for kids that are home schooled or at home for online learning. The cost is $29.99 for Platinum Access. Socks not included in the event pricing. The Urban Air Adventure Park Port St. Lucie is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.
• Saturday Reggae with the Rainfall Band: Leave your worries behind and enjoy the laid back island reggae sounds of Rainfall Reggae Band at the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery! Enjoy food from The Musca-Diner Food Truck!
Please visit the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery page on our website before planning a visit, including how to reserve a private table. Event occurs every other Saturday from 1-4 p.m. Please arrive by 1:30 pm to keep reservation.
The Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery website - https://www.summercrushwine.com/.
There is a suggested $5 per person donation for table reservations that helps support the band and charity, or give what you feel you can afford. All donations include a raffle ticket. Children under 16 no donation suggested. We encourage wearing masks and bringing your own canopy with hold downs or umbrella and lawn chairs. As usual No coolers on or off premise, food or beverages, including water are allowed (We have free water by the glass or bottled water for $1). Rain or shine. Rain is actually really fun! Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery is located at 4200 Johnston Road in Fort Pierce. For more information, call (772) 460-0500.
• Jumperoo and School Day Jump: The Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie offers a special time each week when we open the park just for kids 5 & under, trampolines only, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. It is a special time each week where we open the park just for kids 5 & under, Trampolines only. The cost is $9.99 per child; no charge for parents. Socks are not included in event pricing. The Jumperoo and School Day Jumps are held every Friday of every month at the same time. The Urban Air Adventure Park is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.