Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
SATURDAY JUNE 5
• 52nd Annual Sport Fishing Offshore Tournament: The Florida Sport Fishing Association is hosting their 52nd Annual Offshore Slam fishing tournament on June 5 off Port Canaveral.4,
A Captain’s party will be held Friday, June 4 at the Kiwanis Island Park Recreation Center located at 951 Kiwanis Island Park Road on Merritt Island. It starts 5:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
More than $22,000 is available in General Awards, including $5,000 for the Big Fish Prize, and $3,000 for General Slam.
Early registration is now open at - www.Offshoreslam.com. The first 120 teams to register will receive a Captain’s Bucket. Online raffle tickets are also available at that site.
All ages are welcome. There are Ladies and Junior angler prize categories this year too.
Proceeds support marine education in local junior and high schools, building offshore artificial reefs, kids fishing clinics and the fishing sport community throughout east central Florida.
For more information, visit - www.fsfaclub.org.
SATURDAY JUNE 12
• James Yon at Sunrise Theatre: June 12, 7 p.m. - Comedy Corner will feature James Von @ The Black Box in the Sunrise Theatre on Saturday June 12 at 7 p.m. This Florida native is one of America’s top comedians! He currently hosts two shows on the Afrotainment Network. He was a finalist on NBC’s annual Stand Up for Diversity — and appeared on the FOX Comedy Club. Now James spends his time touring clubs and casinos all over the country from Orlando to Las Vegas bringing the funny.
Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door.
The Sunrise Theatre is located at 117 S 2nd Street in Fort Pierce.
• Taste of the Tropics: Please join us at the Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens on Saturday June 12 for our annual plant and craft sale - "A Taste of the Tropics". The plant sale will begin at 8:30 am and run through 2 pm.
The Botanical Gardens, in cooperation with the Treasure Coast Rare Fruit Club, is hosting this free event. There is free parking and no admission charge.
The Taste of the Tropics Plant Sale will feature the beautiful Botanical Gardens where you can explore the wonderful world of tropical fruits available on the Treasure Coast and join in tasting Tropical Fruit grown locally.
Tour the Botanical Gardens while you explore the wonderful world of tropical fruits available on the Treasure Coast. We’ll have fruit trees and shrubs, native plants, orchids and exotics, all things Tropical. Find what you need to make your Garden grow and sparkle, and talk with the experts.
The Port St Lucie Botanical Gardens is a twenty-acre gem in the heart of Port St. Lucie, adjacent to the St Lucie River north fork on Westmoreland Boulevard near Port St. Lucie Boulevard.
Learn more at - https://www.pslbg.org/.
The Port St. Lucie Botanical Gardens is located at 2410 SE Westmoreland Blvd. in Port St. Lucie.
THURSDAY JUNE 10, FRIDAY JUNE 11, & SATURDAY JUNE 12
• A Midsummer Night's Dream: This year's summer production by the Indian River State College Performing Arts Department is Shakespeare’s magical comedy, A Midsummer Night’s Dream. The performances will take place at 7:30 p.m. at the McAlpin Fine Arts Theatre on Thursday June 10, Friday June 11, and Saturday June 12.
Tickets are $15 each and available by contacting the IRSC Box Office at 772-462-4750. The Box Office is open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
One of Shakespeare’s most beloved and popular comedies, A Midsummer Night’s Dream is a magically enchanting romp containing a little something for everyone.
The McAlpin Fine Arts Theatre is located on the Massey Campus of Indian River State College in Fort Pierce.
Learn more at - https://www.irsc.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=3328.
SATURDAY JUNE 12
• Family Health & Fitness Day: The City of Port St. Lucie Parks & Recreation Department is hosting Family Health & Fitness Day on Saturday June 12 at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center Humana Fitness & Wellness Center. This will be a day-long celebration of fun, healthy fitness opportunities for our community. Admission will be free for those joining us in our two fitness centers, the Humana Fitness & Wellness Center at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center and the Community Center Fitness & Wellness Center!
Celebrated on the second Saturday of June each year, Family Health & Fitness Day is an opportunity for local community members to discover the health benefits provided by their local parks and recreation department
For more information visit - www.nrpa.org/familyfitness or search #NRPAFamilyFitDay on social media.
The MIDFLORIDA Event Center is located at 9221 Southeast Event Center Place in Port St. Lucie.
FRIDAY JUNE 18 and SATURDAY JUNE 19
• Celebrity Golf Classic: The Florida Sports Hall of Fame Foundation is hosting its 4th Annual Celebrity Golf Classic in Port St. Lucie!
It takes place on Friday and Saturday June 18 and 19 at the PGA Golf Club in Port St. Lucie.
This fun-filled weekend kicks off with the Legends VIP Reception & Pairings Party at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center, the official home of the Florida Sports Hall of Fame. This VIP Reception allows participants to mingle with special celebrity guests and learn which sports legend will join their team on the green!
The PGA Golf Club is located at 1916 Perfect Drive in Port St. Lucie.
For more information visit - www.flasportshof.org.
THURSDAY JUNE 17, FRIDAY JUNE 18, & SATURDAY JUNE 19
• Hooray for Hollywood: IRSC Musical Salute to the Movies at the McAlpin Fine Arts Theatre. This production plays Thursday June 17, Friday June 18, and Saturday June 19 in the McAlpin Fine Arts Center auditorium on IRSC’s Massey Campus in Fort Pierce. It features talented musical theater students from the IRSC Performing Arts Department. It embraces a wide emotional range and is filled with selections from Hollywood film scores that cover the spectrum from older classics such as “When You Wish Upon a Star” to contemporary selections from A Star is Born, Rent, and Les Misérables, just to name a few.
June 17, 18 at 7:00 p.m. and June 19 at 2:00 p.m.
The McAlpin Fine Arts Theatre is located on the Massey Campus of Indian River State College in Fort Pierce.
Learn more at - https://www.irsc.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=3526.
THROUGH FRIDAY JUNE 18
• Through the Eye of the Camera: The A.E. Backus Museum and gallery is displaying the photographic works of amateur and professional artists in traditional and digital photography through Friday June 18. The exhibit champions photography as an art form.
The museum has returned to its beginnings in this juried exhibition to close its special anniversary season. Support the arts by supporting artists.
Learn more at the museum website - https://backusmuseum.org/juried-shows.
SATURDAY JUNE 26
• Summer Fest!: Looking for a refreshing way to spice up your summer? The Port St. Lucie Summer Beer, Wine & Spirits Fest is your all-access pass to try beer, wine and spirits from around the world.
It takes place from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the MID FLORIDA Event Center in Port St. Lucie on Saturday June 26.
General Admission $40-$50 (Ticket includes entrance & tastings)
Designated Driver $15 (Ticket only includes entrance)
Tickets are on sale now at - PSLSummerFest.com! Use code: EVENTCENTER and save $10 on General Admission Tickets!
With more than 100 featured drinks to sample - everything from local breweries to international wine and more – there will be flavors for all taste buds to enjoy! This event will also feature live entertainment, delicious food, interactive games and a wide array of vendors and merch!
Learn more at - https://bit.ly/34C0UKY.
The MID FLORIDA Event Center is located at 9221 S.E. Event Center Place in Port St. Lucie.
SUNDAY JULY 4
• 4th of July Ultimate Experience: The 4th of July Ultimate Experience returns to the MIDFLORIDA Event Center In celebration of the nation's 245th Independence Day. The Ultimate Experience offers unbeatable views of the fireworks from private seating on the MIDFLORIDA terrace, one of the best view in town.
The event also feature an interactive Kid’s Zone which will offer face painting, balloon artists and much more.
Tickets are available at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center box office, online at - https://sunt-internet.choicecrm.net/templates/SUNT/?cts_legacy_app or call 800-514-3849. Sales tax and ticket fees apply.
FRIDAY JULY 23
• Bruce in the USA: Much more than just another tribute Bruce In The USA is a high-energy, note-perfect, and visually accurate musical experience of a Bruce Springsteen & The E St. Band show. It happens Friday July 23 from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at the Sunrise Theatre in Fort Pierce.
Tickets are $37. Purchase tickets online at - https://sunt-internet.choicecrm.net/templates/SUNT/?cts_legacy_app.
The Bruce In The USA Band consists of seasoned world class professional musicians. Matt Ryan, from the World Famous Legends In Concert cast, began playing the Springsteen character in 2000, in Legends full scale Las Vegas show.
The Sunrise Theatre is located at 117 S. 2nd Street, Fort Pierce.
• The Jazz Market: The Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society Jazz Market is a year-round event. Every Saturday the Society hosts a Jazz Market "featuring creative arts & crafts" in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce on the waterfront of the Indian River.
The Jazz Market hours are 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Original hand made crafts, stained glass, Highwaymen paintings, hand-painted glassware and much, more are available for purchase. Funds raised support education programs and local scholarships.
The market is open to all crafters who wish to participate, given space available and our Market Managers discretion.
If you are an interested new vendor, applications are now being accepted.
For more information, please email - JazzMarket@jazzsociety.org.
• Comedy Show and Dinner: The comedy shows are back at 6 p.m. on the first Friday of every month at the Lakeview Bar & Grille in the St. Lucie Trail Golf Club. Our dinner & comedy show is presented by GROUCHO'S COMEDY! We are open to the public, no gate access needed! Show starts at 8 pm with dinner before the show.
Three (3) course dinner buffet including coffee & dessert is $39 plus tax and tip. You don't want to miss this! All of our servers wear masks for your protection. Social distancing is taking place Reservations are required. Call Karyn at 772-336-2507.
The Lakeview Bar & Grille at St. Lucie Trail Golf Club is located at 951 S.W. Country Club Drive in Port St. Lucie.
• Virtual Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson: Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson is held every third Friday of the month from 8-9 a.m.
During these unprecedented times we will be hosting via Facebook Live at Main Street Fort Pierce - https://www.facebook.com/main.pierce.
This event is sponsored by Main Street Fort Pierce. It is a positive networking experience for those that attend. Businesses, community organizations, and newcomers to the area are welcome to share information about upcoming events or activities occurring in the Treasure Coast region.
• Live Country/Southern Rock: Every Friday night and Saturday night come hear live country and southern rock from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Good Times Rock Bar in Port St. Lucie.
You must be 21 and over. Free cover, great service, and the best bands!
Call us at (772) 337-3546 for up to date information on all of our entertainment.
The Good Times Rock Bar is located at 9144 S US Hwy 1 in the East Port Plaza in Port St Lucie.
• The SLC History Center: The St. Lucie Historical Society has unveiled a new exhibit at the St. Lucie County Regional History Center that is focused Fort Pierce Inlet’s past 100 years.
The exhibit includes information on Edwin Binney, the founder of Crayola Crayons. Binney was a part-time Fort Pierce resident, who invested heavily in the community from the creation of the inlet to saving a local bank during the Great Depression.
The St. Lucie County Regional History Center is located at 414 Seaway Drive on South Hutchinson Island in Fort Pierce.
The Center’s hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for seniors (55+), and $3 for children (4-17). Children (under 4 years old) are admitted free.
Joint tickets to the Regional History Center and St. Lucie County Aquarium are also available.
The St. Lucie County Regional History Center operates in partnership with St. Lucie County and volunteers from the St. Lucie Historical Society. The center can be reached at 772-462-1795 or online at - www.stlucieco.gov.
• Fresh Market in Tradition: Come for a nice stroll through our “Fresh Market in Tradition” on every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Port St. Lucie at the “Tradition Neighborhood Market”. We have over 30 different vendors on one long strip ready to serve you with fresh and organic fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, raw honey, “really” cage free organic eggs, fresh juices, healthy Smoothies, baked goods, pastries, gluten free bread, banana bread, carrot cake, organic cheeses, fruit plants, herbs and flowers plants.
We also offer home décor, fabric masks, clothes, shoes, jewelry, and handmade products. Breakfast food trucks will be there so come visit us we’ll have a nice gourmet coffee waiting for you. It is completely outdoors, perfect for social distancing and you can bring your four-legged friends and your strollers.
Remember our vendors rotate so we don’t always have the same products but we’ll have something new every Saturday. The “Tradition Neighborhood Market" is located on SW Tradition Pkwy across from Target and Michael’s in Tradition, Port St Lucie.
• School Day Play!: From noon until 4 p.m. every Friday of every month the Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie holds special park hours just for kids that are home schooled or at home for online learning. The cost is $29.99 for Platinum Access. Socks not included in the event pricing. The Urban Air Adventure Park Port St. Lucie is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.
• Saturday Reggae with the Rainfall Band: Leave your worries behind and enjoy the laid back island reggae sounds of Rainfall Reggae Band at the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery! Enjoy food from The Musca-Diner Food Truck!
Please visit the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery page on our website before planning a visit, including how to reserve a private table. Event occurs every other Saturday from 1-4 p.m. Please arrive by 1:30 pm to keep reservation.
The Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery website - https://www.summercrushwine.com/.
There is a suggested $5 per person donation for table reservations that helps support the band and charity, or give what you feel you can afford. All donations include a raffle ticket. Children under 16 no donation suggested. We encourage wearing masks and bringing your own canopy with hold downs or umbrella and lawn chairs.
As usual No coolers on or off premise, food or beverages, including water are allowed (We have free water by the glass or bottled water for $1). Rain or shine. Rain is actually really fun! Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery is located at 4200 Johnston Road in Fort Pierce. For more information, call (772) 460-0500.
• Jumperoo and School Day Jump: The Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie offers a special time each week when we open the park just for kids 5 & under, trampolines only, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. It is a special time each week where we open the park just for kids 5 & under, Trampolines only. The cost is $9.99 per child; no charge for parents. Socks are not included in event pricing. The Jumperoo and School Day Jumps are held every Friday of every month at the same time. The Urban Air Adventure Park is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.