Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
FRIDAY JUNE 18
• 2nd Annual Run for the Donuts: ... CANCELLED ... Learn why at - https://runsignup.com/Race/FL/PortStLucie/RunfortheDonuts.
• Through the Eye of the Camera: The A.E. Backus Museum and gallery is displaying the photographic works of amateur and professional artists in traditional and digital photography through Friday June 18. The exhibit champions photography as an art form.
The museum has returned to its beginnings in this juried exhibition to close its special anniversary season.
Support the arts by supporting artists.
Learn more at the museum website - https://backusmuseum.org/juried-shows.
SATURDAY JUNE 19
• Tales On The Trails - Oopsie Otter: Come to the Savannas Preserve State Park Saturday June 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the latest edition of Tales on the Trails.
Environmentally themed storybooks will be placed along a trail for visitors to read as they stroll along.
Upon arrival, be sure to pick up your Official Tales on the Trails Passport from the trail entrance.
$3 admission per vehicle.
This is the second in a five part literacy program at the Park this summer. Each date of the program will feature a new book.
It takes places every other Saturday. The next Tale takes place on Saturday July 3, followed by Saturday July 17 and ending on Saturday July 31.
Park Admission Fee is required for event participation, passes are valid for one-day entry. You can purchase a one-day pass online by visiting www.floridastateparks.org or you can purchase your pass at the park entrance with exact cash or via credit card using the posted QR Codes.
The Savannas Preserve State Park is located at at 2541 SE Walton Road in Port St. Lucie.
• Rotary Cares for Kids: The Port St. Lucie Rotary Foundation is hosting a golf tournament to raise funds for the Rotary Club's children initiatives which include scholarship funding for local students, a Christmas party and gifts for underprivileged kids, water safety education, and providing dictionaries to all third graders.
The "Rotary Cares for Kids" golf tournament happens on Saturday June 19 at the Gator Trace Golf and Country Club.
The entrance fees are $85 for individuals; $320 for a 4-some; a 4-some plus hole sponsor is $400. Hole sponsor fees are $100 for 1 hole; bronze $250; silver $475; and gold $1,250. Monetary donations of any amount are welcome. Donations to the Port St. Lucie Rotary Club kids project are tax deductible.
Learn more and sign up at - https://ios.nextdoor.com/events/fl/fort-pierce/rotary-cares-for-kids-golf-tournament-4002679.
Questions? Contact Susan at (772) 763-4489.
FRIDAY JUNE 18 and SATURDAY JUNE 19
• Celebrity Golf Classic: The Florida Sports Hall of Fame Foundation is hosting its 4th Annual Celebrity Golf Classic in Port St. Lucie!
It takes place on Friday and Saturday June 18 and 19 at the PGA Golf Club in Port St. Lucie.
This fun-filled weekend kicks off with the Legends VIP Reception & Pairings Party at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center, the official home of the Florida Sports Hall of Fame. This VIP Reception allows participants to mingle with special celebrity guests and learn which sports legend will join their team on the green!
The PGA Golf Club is located at 1916 Perfect Drive in Port St. Lucie.
For more information visit - https://flasportshof.org/celebritygolfclassic2021/.
• Hooray for Hollywood: IRSC Musical Salute to the Movies at the McAlpin Fine Arts Theatre. This production plays Friday June 18, and Saturday June 19 in the McAlpin Fine Arts Center auditorium on IRSC’s Massey Campus in Fort Pierce.
The musical is filled with selections from Hollywood film scores performed by musical theater students from the IRSC Performing Arts Department. The songs embraces a wide emotional range that cover the spectrum from older classics such as “When You Wish Upon a Star” to contemporary selections from A Star is Born, Rent, and Les Misérables.
Schedule: Friday June 18 at 7 p.m. and Saturday June 19 at 2 p.m.
The MCAlpin Fine Arts Theatre is located on the Massey Campus of Indian River State College in Fort Pierce.
Learn more at - https://www.irsc.edu/calendar/index.php?eID=3526.
MONDAY JUNE 21
• Oxbow Eco-Center Summer Camps: Still time to sign up for one of the weekly camps at the Oxbow Eco-Center.
* Forest Legends - Under Investigation: This camp runs from June 21 to 25 for ages 10-12. Be an undercover agent and investigate mythical forest animals. Search for clues among the animals of Oxbow using scientific observation techniques. Do mythical animals really exist? Collect clues and help close the case.
* Nature Secrets and Surprises": This camp happens June 28 - July 2 for ages 6-8. How many different animals does a gopher tortoise share his burrow with? Do butterflies have a sense of smell? If you love wildlife and nature, this camp is for you. There will be daily exploring, live animal encounters and trail experiences as we reveal nature's secrets and surprises.
All camps will be held 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and are $180 per session. Register online at - oxboweco.com and click on the ‘Youth Programs’ tab.
Registration is limited to small groups to allow for social distancing and ensure high-quality participant interaction.
The Oxbow Eco-Center is a St. Lucie County Environmental Learning Center and nature preserve encompassing 225 acres along the St. Lucie River, located at 5400 NE St. James Drive in Port St. Lucie.
• Summer Camp at the Children's Garden Academy: Summer camp for ages 6-12. Lots of fun activities and field trips! Camps run weekly through Friday August 6.
Enroll and learn more online at - https://www.thechildrensgardenacademy.com/contact/.
The Children’s Garden Academy is located at 2750 SW Port St Lucie Blvd in Port St Lucie. For more information call - (772) 353-5070.
WEDNESDAY JUNE 23
• Indian River Lagoon Boat Tour: Meet up at the St Lucie Aquarium where we'll take off by boat and cruise the waters to a near by spoil island to explore and investigate the Indian River lagoon and our local eco-system.
The event starts at 10 a.m. No more than 6 people on the boat at one time.
Book in advance to secure a time slot or just come and hangout at the aquarium or park until your tour!
The cost is $15. You must register ahead of time - https://www.happypineappletours.com/post/homeschoolers-eco-tour.
After/ before the tour enjoy complimentary access to the St Lucie Aquarium. Make sure to bring water and snacks for the park after!
St Lucie Aquarium is located at 420 Seaway Drive in Fort Pierce.
• Business Tax Virtual Workshop: The City of Port St Lucie Business Tax Virtual Workshop will be held on Wednesday June 23 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Register online at - www.cityofpsl.com/businesstax.
The Business Tax Division conducts business training workshops for existing, new, and relocating businesses in the city. Each workshop is approximately 60-90 minutes in length and covers a variety of topics, including permits, zoning, home-based businesses, parking, contracting, and more. Attending these workshops will help companies and entrepreneurs avoid many pitfalls that they commonly encounter in setting up or running their businesses. The classes are free and pre-registration is required.
SATURDAY JUNE 26
• Summer Fest!: Looking for a refreshing way to spice up your summer? The Port St. Lucie Summer Beer, Wine & Spirits Fest is your all-access pass to try beer, wine and spirits from around the world.
It takes place from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the MID FLORIDA Event Center in Port St. Lucie on Saturday June 26.
General Admission $40-$50 (Ticket includes entrance & tastings). Designated Driver $15 (Ticket only includes entrance). Tickets are on sale now at - PSLSummerFest.com. Use code: EVENTCENTER and save $10 on General Admission Tickets!
With more than 100 featured drinks to sample - everything from local breweries to international wine and more – there will be flavors for all tastebuds to enjoy! This event will also feature live entertainment, delicious food, interactive games and a wide array of vendors and merch!
Learn more at - https://bit.ly/34C0UKY.
The MID FLORIDA Event Center is located at 9221 S.E. Event Center Place in Port St. Lucie.
SUNDAY JULY 4
• 4th of July Ultimate Experience: The 4th of July Ultimate Experience returns to the MIDFLORIDA Event Center In celebration of the nation's 245th Independence Day. The Ultimate Experience offers unbeatable views of the fireworks from private seating on the MIDFLORIDA terrace, one of the best view in town.
The event also feature an interactive Kid’s Zone which will offer face painting, balloon artists and much more.
Tickets are available at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center box office, online at - www.etix.com or by phone at 800-514-3849. Sales tax and ticket fees apply.
FRIDAY JULY 23
• Bruce in the USA: Much more than just another tribute Bruce In The USA is a high-energy, note-perfect, and visually accurate musical experience of a Bruce Springsteen & The E St. Band show. It happens Friday July 23 from 8 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at the Sunrise Theatre in Fort Pierce.
Tickets are $37. Purchase tickets online at - https://sunt-internet.choicecrm.net/templates/SUNT/?cts_legacy_app.
The Bruce In The USA Band consists of seasoned world class professional musicians. Matt Ryan, from the World Famous Legends In Concert cast, began playing the Springsteen character in 2000, in Legends full scale Las Vegas show.
The Sunrise Theatre is located at 117 S. 2nd Street, Fort Pierce.
WEDNESDAY SEPT. 29 thru SUNDAY OCT. 3
• 2nd Indianhead Reunion: The Second (Indianhead) Division Association is searching for anyone who served in the Army's 2nd Infantry Division at any time. For information about the association and our 99th annual reunion in Kansas City, Missouri from September 29 - October 3.
• The Jazz Market: The Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society Jazz Market is a year-round event. Every Saturday the Society hosts a Jazz Market "featuring creative arts & crafts" in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce on the waterfront of the Indian River.
The Jazz Market hours are 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Original hand made crafts, stained glass, Highwaymen paintings, hand-painted glassware and much, more are available for purchase. Funds raised support education programs and local scholarships.
The market is open to all crafters who wish to participate, given space available and our Market Managers discretion.
If you are an interested new vendor, applications are now being accepted.
For more information, please email - JazzMarket@jazzsociety.org.
• Comedy Show and Dinner: The comedy shows are back at 6 p.m. on the first Friday of every month at the Lakeview Bar & Grille in the St. Lucie Trail Golf Club. Our dinner & comedy show is presented by GROUCHO'S COMEDY! We are open to the public, no gate access needed! Show starts at 8 pm with dinner before the show. Three (3) course dinner buffet including coffee & dessert is $39 plus tax and tip. You don't want to miss this! All of our servers wear masks for your protection. Social distancing is taking place Reservations are required. Call Karyn at 772-336-2507. The Lakeview Bar & Grille at St. Lucie Trail Golf Club is located at 951 S.W. Country Club Drive in Port St. Lucie.
• Virtual Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson: Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson is held every third Friday of the month from 8-9 a.m.
During these unprecedented times we will be hosting via Facebook Live at Main Street Fort Pierce - https://www.facebook.com/main.pierce.
This event is sponsored by Main Street Fort Pierce. It is a positive networking experience for those that attend. Businesses, community organizations, and newcomers to the area are welcome to share information about upcoming events or activities occurring in the Treasure Coast region.
• Live Country/Southern Rock: Every Friday night and Saturday night come hear live country and southern rock from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Good Times Rock Bar in Port St. Lucie.
You must be 21 and over. Free cover, great service, and the best bands!
Call us at (772) 337-3546 for up to date information on all of our entertainment.
The Good Times Rock Bar is located at 9144 S US Hwy 1 in the East Port Plaza in Port St Lucie.
• The SLC History Center: The St. Lucie Historical Society has unveiled a new exhibit at the St. Lucie County Regional History Center that is focused Fort Pierce Inlet’s past 100 years.
The exhibit includes information on Edwin Binney, the founder of Crayola Crayons. Binney was a part-time Fort Pierce resident, who invested heavily in the community from the creation of the inlet to saving a local bank during the Great Depression.
The St. Lucie County Regional History Center is located at 414 Seaway Drive on South Hutchinson Island in Fort Pierce.
The Center’s hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for seniors (55+), and $3 for children (4-17). Children (under 4 years old) are admitted free.
Joint tickets to the Regional History Center and St. Lucie County Aquarium are also available.
The St. Lucie County Regional History Center operates in partnership with St. Lucie County and volunteers from the St. Lucie Historical Society.
Visit the St. Lucie County History Center here - https://bit.ly/35C1XuB or call (772) 462-1795.
• Fresh Market in Tradition: Come for a nice stroll through our “Fresh Market in Tradition” on every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Port St. Lucie at the “Tradition Neighborhood Market”. We have over 30 different vendors on one long strip ready to serve you with fresh and organic fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, raw honey, “really” cage free organic eggs, fresh juices, healthy Smoothies, baked goods, pastries, gluten free bread, banana bread, carrot cake, organic cheeses, fruit plants, herbs and flowers plants.
We also offer home decor, fabric masks, clothes, shoes, jewelry, handmade products, custom made products, art, unique gifts, crafts, goods, services and so much more. Breakfast food trucks so come visit us we’ll have a nice gourmet coffee waiting for you. It is completely outdoors, perfect for social distancing and you can bring your four-legged friends and your strollers. Remember our vendors rotate so we don’t always have the same products but we’ll have something new every Saturday. The “Tradition Neighborhood Market" is located on SW Tradition Pkwy across from Target and Michael’s in Tradition, Port St Lucie.
• School Day Play!: From noon until 4 p.m. every Friday of every month the Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie holds special park hours just for kids that are home schooled or at home for online learning. The cost is $29.99 for Platinum Access. Socks not included in the event pricing. The Urban Air Adventure Park Port St. Lucie is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.
• Saturday Reggae with the Rainfall Band: Leave your worries behind and enjoy the laid back island reggae sounds of Rainfall Reggae Band at the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery! Enjoy food from The Musca-Diner Food Truck!
Please visit the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery page on our website before planning a visit, including how to reserve a private table. Event occurs every other Saturday from 1-4 p.m. Please arrive by 1:30 pm to keep reservation.
The Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery website - https://www.summercrushwine.com/.
There is a suggested $5 per person donation for table reservations that helps support the band and charity, or give what you feel you can afford. All donations include a raffle ticket. Children under 16 no donation suggested. We encourage wearing masks and bringing your own canopy with hold downs or umbrella and lawn chairs. As usual No coolers on or off premise, food or beverages, including water are allowed (We have free water by the glass or bottled water for $1). Rain or shine. Rain is actually really fun! Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery is located at 4200 Johnston Road in Fort Pierce. For more information, call (772) 460-0500.
• Jumperoo and School Day Jump: The Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie offers a special time each week when we open the park just for kids 5 & under, trampolines only, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. It is a special time each week where we open the park just for kids 5 & under, Trampolines only. The cost is $9.99 per child; no charge for parents. Socks are not included in event pricing. The Jumperoo and School Day Jumps are held every Friday of every month at the same time. The Urban Air Adventure Park is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.