SATURDAY JULY 31
• Tales on the Trails - Merri-Lee Monarch: Come out to the Savannas Preserve State Park in Port St. Lucie on Saturday July 31 from 10 am to 2 pm to follow the tale of Merri-Lee Monarch.
It is the final chapter in the five-part literacy program - Tales on the Trails.
The environmentally themed storybook Merri-Lee Monarch will be placed along a trail for visitors to read as they stroll along.
Pick up your Tales on the Trails Passport at the trail entrance, and earn prizes and stamps. Tales On The Trails is geared toward kindergarten through fourth grade, but everyone is welcome. Visitors are expected to maintain distances of at least six feet apart.
The trail is unpaved and maybe muddy. We encourage closed toed shoes that can get wet.
Park Admission Fee of $3 per vehicle is required with up to 8 people, or $2 per person for anyone arriving at the park on foot or by bicycle. Passes are valid for one-day entry. You can purchase a one-day pass online by visiting www.floridastateparks.org or you can purchase your pass at the park entrance with exact cash or credit card.
The Tales on the Trails is posted along the Glass Lizard Trail to the right of the Savannas Preserve State Park Education Center located at 2541 SE Walton Road in Port St. Lucie
Questions? Call (772) 398 -2779 or go online to - www.FriendsofSavannas.org.
To learn more about Florida's award winning state parks, visit www.FloridaStateParks.org.
• Praise on The Marina: Join us at the Susan Broom Kilmer Branch Library in Fort Pierce for Praise on The Marina for its 11th year beginning Saturday, July 31 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. Free admissions and free parking in the parking garage.
We are excited to present a fantastic line-up & hope that the community will come out and support this great event.
Bring your Lawn Chairs No coolers please. Inspirational solo artists, choirs, inspirational dancers, uplifting jazz bands, spoken word artists, hip/hop rappers, bounce houses, food, fun & games.
The Susan Broom Kilmer Branch Library is located at 101 Melody Lane in Fort Pierce.
Tuesday August 3
• Intro to Public Art - How to Successfully Submit Your Work: The purpose of these sessions is to provide hands-on, educational step-by-step methods for professional and emerging artists to become public artists. This 1-hour session will take place at the Alliance Gallery at 111 Orange Ave. in Ft. Pierce on Tuesday, August 3, 10 – 11 AM, and cover the following lessons.
- Basics of Public Art Programs
- How to prepare a Call-to-artist RFQ
- What are RFQ and RFP
- Tips to become a public artist
- Public art best practices and resources
You’re on your way to becoming a public artist. Join this workshop to get all the knowledge needed to get your masterpieces exhibit in public places in St. Lucie and beyond.
*This workshop is FREE for Cultural Alliance Members and City of Port St. Lucie residents and ONLY $25 for all other artists. Space is limited.
This workshop is presented by Debby Coles-Dobay.
To register and learn more visit - www.artstlucie.org/event/public-art-workshop.
THURSDAY AUGUST 5
• UF/FAMU Indian River Lagoon Youth Fishing Clinic: Kids ages 8-14 are invited to join us on Thursday August 5 at 1 p.m. at the east end of the South Bridge in Fort Pierce for a fun time learning how to fish or increasing their fishing skills. Each kid will receive a fishing pole and tackle box along with a chance to practice knot tying, casting and other skills before dropping their hook in the water. Caught fish will be traded for a farm raised fish to scientists from the University of Florida (UF), Florida A&M University (FAMU) and the Ocean Research & Conservation Association (ORCA) can test fish samples for toxicity and nutrients. This will be a fun, interactive learning experience. Adult supervision is required during the event.
SUNDAY AUGUST 8
• Painting with Rita!: Get creative and colorful! Paint mini-hangers/drink coasters on wood at the Cool Beans Brew in Fort Pierce with local artist Rita Polizzi.
All supplies and instruction provided.
Sunday August 8th from 1-3pm $28 per person.
Learn more at - www.coolbeansbrew.com
The Cool Beans Brew is a coffee meetinghouse in a historic home in the Peacock Arts District at 1115 Delaware Avenue in Fort Pierce.
SATURDAY AUGUST 14
• Feed the Fort: A festival to feed the homeless. We will be serving hot plates at Rizzo's Lounge in Fort Pierce from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Saturday August 14.
Entertainment throughout the day and live performances as well as special celebrity guests.
Early bird tickets are $20. At the door $30.
15% of the proceeds will go to The Bridge Effect Foundation, a Martin County nonprofit devoted to the identification and proactive reduction of anxiety-causing social tensions within our communities.
Learn more on E.S.E.'s FaceBok page at - https://www.facebook.com/therealesepromotions/.
Rizzo's Lounge is located at 223 Orange Ave. in Fort Pierce.
FRIDAY AUGUST 20
• Young Pros Social - Bingo @ Islamorada Brewing!: The St Lucie County Chamber of Commerce is sponsoring a Young Pros Social and Bingo at Islamorada Brewing North in Fort Pierce.
Join us for this FREE after hours social at Islamorada Brewery Brewing Company on Friday, August 20th at 6 p.m. for Bingo, beer, good eats, and fun!
Islamorada Brewing North is located at 3200 St Lucie Blvd in Fort Pierce.
SATURDAY AUGUST 21
• Brewery Tour with a Brewer: The Islamorada Beer Company is sponsoring a brewery tour with a brewer at noon on Saturday August 21 in Fort Pierce. Sign up with your bartender for a tour of the Islamorada facility or call (772) 882-4155.
Learn more at - https://www.islamoradabeerco.com/?age-verified=fe7bafeec8.
The Islamorada Beer Company is located at 3200 St. Lucie Blvd. in Fort Pierce.
FRIDAY AUGUST 27
• One Night of Queen: Great Britain’s most explosive rock ‘n’ roll tribute show, ONE NIGHT OF QUEEN on Friday August 27 at 8 p.m. at the Sunrise Theatre in Fort Pierce. Scottish vocalist Gary Mullen is a legend in his homeland for his uncanny ability to channel the late, great Queen front man Freddie Mercury. ONE NIGHT OF QUEEN stars Gary and his band, The Works, and it’s a high-energy, fully-realized Queen concert, featuring state-of-the-art lights, effects and, of course, those classic songs: Bohemian Rhapsody, We Are the Champions, Another One Bites the Dust and We Will Rock You, among many others!
Tickets start at $42.
Purchase tickets online here - https://www.garymullenandtheworks.com/.
The Sunrise Theatre is located at 117 S 2nd Street in Fort Pierce.
SATURDAY AUGUST 28
• Kids Seawall Tournament: Join us for a fun day of fishing on Saturday August 28 at the Causeway Cover Marina in Fort Pierce! The Kids Seawall Tournament is open to all kids 15 & younger.
There will be 3 age categories with the chance to win a trophy for 1st through 3rd Place in all 3 age groups.
Free Entry * Free Bait * Free Raffle
Fishing will take place from 11am to 12:45pm with awards and raffle immediately following.
IMPORTANT: If you had registered for the tournament previously, we ask you re-register your kid/s to make sure we have accurate info on ages and t-shirt sizes.
The Causeway Cover Marina is located at 601 Seaway Drive in Fort Pierce.
THURSDAY AUGUST 26 through SATURDAY AUGUST 28
• World Championship Kingfish Tournament: Who will bring home the trophy for the Inaugural World Championship? All teams are invited to compete in the World Championship Kingfish Tournament at the Causeway Cove Marina in Fort Pierce!
Tournament week will include the following:
Thursday, May 26th - Captain's Party
Friday, May 27th - Wild West Kingfish Tournament (separate entry/separate payout)
Saturday, May 28th - World Championship Tournament/Awards for both Wild West & Championship
Get registered at www.ANGLERARMORY.com
The Causeway Cover Marina is located at 601 Seaway Drive in Fort Pierce.
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 4
• Rhythms and Reggae: Calling ALL Food and Music Lovers! You and your family and friends are invited to join us at the Causeway Cove Marina in Fort Pierce for Rhythms & Reggae Music Festival on Saturday, September 4th from 12-noon to 8 p.m.
Rhythms & Reggae features Blues, Country, Funk, Jazz, RnB, Rock, Latin, and Reggae.
Rhythms & Reggae is a (weather permitting) family-friendly event that will feature live music, children's activities, arts/craft vendors and food vendors.
Bring your appetites for some delicious food, dancing, and music Alton Prater Events invites the community to take part in R&R Rhythms & Reggae.
Tickets are $5.
For tickets and vendor info go to - www.altonprater.com.
Proceeds from the Rhythms & Reggae will be used to support HYPE INC & Praise on The Marina.
R&R will be presented ever quarterly starting 2021 it will be one of the BIGGEST and HOTTEST quarterly festivals on the Treasure Coast.
Questions: Email - firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 440-5444.
The Causeway Cove Marina is located at 601 Seaway Drive in Fort Pierce.
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 26
• 7th Annual Chimpathon 5K 10K: We are back in-person for the 7th Annual Save the Chimps Chimpathon 5K 10K! Save the Chimps is the largest privately funded chimpanzee sanctuary in the world.
100% of all funds raised from the 7th Annual Chimpathon will go directly towards caring for our chimps.
The Chimpathon takes place at the St. Lucie County Fairgrounds on Sunday, September 26th at 7am. Due to health concerns for our Chimpanzee residents we will not be running through the sanctuary this year. This year's Chimpathon will feature a flat and fast route out and back along Peacock Rd.
Are you interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact Southern Timing at email@example.com to learn more!
Tickets for 7th Annual Chimpathon 5K 10K can be booked here -https://raceroster.com/events/2021/46418/7th-annual-chimpathon-5k-10k.
The St. Lucie County Fairgrounds is located at 15601 Midway Road in Fort Pierce.
WEDNESDAY SEPT. 29 thru SUNDAY OCT. 3
• 2nd Indianhead Reunion: The Second (Indianhead) Division Association is searching for anyone who served in the Army's 2nd Infantry Division at any time. For information about the association and our 99th annual reunion in Kansas City, Missouri from September 29 - October 3.
SATURDAY OCTOBER 9
• Foghat & Sacred Union: With some of the best blues-boogie-rock ever recorded, Foghat is taking the MIDFLORIDA Event Center stage in Port St. Lucie for a performance on Saturday, Oct. 9.
Formed in 1971, Foghat has since amassed eight gold records, one platinum and one double platinum record.
Arrive early to catch the opening act, Sacred Union, whose diverse repertoire covers songs from Dave Matthews, Hall and Oates, The Foo Fighters, and Etta James, to Prince, Lenny Kravitz and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Tickets start at $25.
Purchase tickets online here - https://bit.ly/3eldoMm.
Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the show starts at 7 p.m.
The MIDFLORIDA Event Center is located at 9221 Southeast Event Center Place in Port St. Lucie.
THURSDAY OCTOBER 14
• Port St. Lucie's Business Showcase: Discover a local business to support at Port St. Lucie’s Home-Based Business Showcase! The City of Port St. Lucie is hosting a Home-Based Business Showcase on Thursday October 14 to offer business owners a opportunity to market their product or service and make valuable connections.
The event takes place at the MidFlorida Credit Union Event Center in Port St.Lucie.
Want to be a Vendor?
Showcase your business or service by reserving your booth today at - www.cityofpsl.com/businesstax. Registration is now open at $25.
After Sept. 11, 2021, the sign-up registration fee is $35.
The 2021 Home-Based Business Showcase will provide a venue for local vendors to display and sell their products and meet potential customers.
The public will have an opportunity to support local makers, artisans, and direct sellers.
The Home-Based Business Showcase is free to the public.
• The Jazz Market: The Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society Jazz Market is a year-round event. Every Saturday the Society hosts a Jazz Market "featuring creative arts & crafts" in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce on the waterfront of the Indian River.
The Jazz Market hours are 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Original hand made crafts, stained glass, Highwaymen paintings, hand-painted glassware and much, more are available for purchase. Funds raised support education programs and local scholarships.
The market is open to all crafters who wish to participate, given space available and our Market Managers discretion.
If you are an interested new vendor, applications are now being accepted.
For more information, please email: JazzMarket@jazzsociety.org
• Comedy Show and Dinner: The comedy shows are back at 6 p.m. on the first Friday of every month at the Lakeview Bar & Grille in the St. Lucie Trail Golf Club. Our dinner & comedy show is presented by GROUCHO'S COMEDY! We are open to the public, no gate access needed! Show starts at 8 pm with dinner before the show. Three (3) course dinner buffet including coffee & dessert is $39 plus tax and tip. You don't want to miss this! All of our servers wear masks for your protection. Social distancing is taking place Reservations are required. Call Karyn at 772-336-2507. The Lakeview Bar & Grille at St. Lucie Trail Golf Club is located at 951 S.W. Country Club Drive in Port St. Lucie.
• Virtual Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson: Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson is held every third Friday of the month from 8-9 a.m.
During these unprecedented times we will be hosting via Facebook Live at Main Street Fort Pierce- https://www.facebook.com/main.pierce.
This event is sponsored by Main Street Fort Pierce. It is a positive networking experience for those that attend. Businesses, community organizations, and newcomers to the area are welcome to share information about upcoming events or activities occurring in the Treasure Coast region.
• Live Country/Southern Rock: Every Friday night and Saturday night come hear live country and southern rock from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Good Times Rock Bar in Port St. Lucie.
You must be 21 and over. Free cover, great service, and the best bands!
Call us at (772) 337-3546 for up to date information on all of our entertainment.
The Good Times Rock Bar is located at 9144 S US Hwy 1 in the East Port Plaza in Port St Lucie.
• The SLC History Center: The St. Lucie Historical Society has unveiled a new exhibit at the St. Lucie County Regional History Center that is focused Fort Pierce Inlet’s past 100 years.
The exhibit includes information on Edwin Binney, the founder of Crayola Crayons. Binney was a part-time Fort Pierce resident, who invested heavily in the community from the creation of the inlet to saving a local bank during the Great Depression.
The St. Lucie County Regional History Center is located at 414 Seaway Drive on South Hutchinson Island in Fort Pierce.
The Center’s hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Admission is $4 for adults, $3 for seniors (55+), and $3 for children (4-17). Children (under 4 years old) are admitted free.
Joint tickets to the Regional History Center and St. Lucie County Aquarium are also available.
The St. Lucie County Regional History Center operates in partnership with St. Lucie County and volunteers from the St. Lucie Historical Society. The center can be reached at 772-462-1795 or online at www.stlucieco.gov.
• Fresh Market in Tradition: Come for a nice stroll through our “Fresh Market in Tradition” on every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Port St. Lucie at the “Tradition Neighborhood Market”. We have over 30 different vendors on one long strip ready to serve you with fresh and organic fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, raw honey, flowers plants, and more.
It is completely outdoors, perfect for social distancing and you can bring your four-legged friends and your strollers. Remember our vendors rotate so we don’t always have the same products but we’ll have something new every Saturday. The “Tradition Neighborhood Market" is located on SW Tradition Pkwy across from Target and Michael’s in Tradition, Port St Lucie
• School Day Play!: From noon until 4 p.m. every Friday of every month the Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie holds special park hours just for kids that are home schooled or at home for online learning. The cost is $29.99 for Platinum Access. Socks not included in the event pricing. The Urban Air Adventure Park Port St. Lucie is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.
• Saturday Reggae with the Rainfall Band: Leave your worries behind and enjoy the laid back island reggae sounds of Rainfall Reggae Band at the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery! Enjoy food from The Musca-Diner Food Truck!
Please visit the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery page on our website before planning a visit, including how to reserve a private table. Event occurs every other Saturday from 1-4 p.m. Please arrive by 1:30 pm to keep reservation.
The Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery website - https://www.summercrushwine.com/.
There is a suggested $5 per person donation for table reservations that helps support the band and charity, or give what you feel you can afford. All donations include a raffle ticket. Children under 16 no donation suggested. We encourage wearing masks and bringing your own canopy with hold downs or umbrella and lawn chairs. As usual No coolers on or off premise, food or beverages, including water are allowed (We have free water by the glass or bottled water for $1). Rain or shine. Rain is actually really fun! Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery is located at 4200 Johnston Road in Fort Pierce. For more information, call (772) 460-0500.
• Jumperoo and School Day Jump: The Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie offers a special time each week when we open the park just for kids 5 & under, trampolines only, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. It is a special time each week where we open the park just for kids 5 & under, Trampolines only. The cost is $9.99 per child; no charge for parents. Socks are not included in event pricing. The Jumperoo and School Day Jumps are held every Friday of every month at the same time. The Urban Air Adventure Park is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.