Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
FRIDAY APRIL 9
• Gin Blossoms: Come to the Sunrise Theatre in Fort Pierce at 8 p.m. on Friday April 9 to hear the Gin Blossoms.
After the Phoenix New Times chose them the cities best rock band, they qualified to play at the South By Southwest Music Festival in Austin Texas in 1989.They rose to prominence in the early 90s with their hit song 'Hey Jealousy'. Now, the Gin Blossoms are back!
See them LIVE at the Sunrise Theatre in Historic Fort Pierce!
Tickets are available online here > https://www.songkick.com/artists/7528-gin-blossoms.
Sunrise Theatre is located at 117 S. 2nd Street in Fort Pierce.
FRIDAY APRIL 9
• The Little Things: Come to Kava Kat Friday April 9 to hear 'The Little Things', a singing duo. The show begins at 9 p.m. All ages are welcome.
For questions call Kava Kat at (772) 323-0824
Kava Kat is located at 1064 SE Port St. Lucie Blvd. in Port St. Lucie.
SATURDAY APRIL 10
• Comedy Corner-Jimmy Shubert: Jimmy has been seen on Comedy Central, Last Comic Standing, The Italian Job, and he currently has the #1 comedy album in iTunes! See him for the first time EVER at the Black Box in the Sunrise Theatre in Fort Pierce on Saturday April 10 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Tickets are available online at $25. $30 at the door.
Purchase tickets online by visiting this website - https://bit.ly/3wcgWYA.
The Sunrise Theatre is located at 117 S 2nd St. in Fort Pierce.
• Art by Yazmina Rezas: What defines good art? When is a white square not a white square? Is our personal identity defined by our self-conception or how others perceive us? Yazmina Rezas Tony award-winning comedy Art asks all these questions and more during a performance at the McAlpin Fine Arts Theatre on the Campus of the Indian River State College in Fort Pierce on Saturday April 10 at 2 p.m.
Three best friends watch their relationship crumble when a questionable purchase of modern art turns into an act of rebellion.
Tickets are $15
Box Office hours are 11 am-3pm, Monday-Friday.
Learn more at: https://www.irsc.edu/student-life/arts-and-culture.html.
The McAlpin Fine Arts Theatre is located at 3209 Virginia Ave in Fort Pierce.
SUNDAY APRIL 11
• The Funniest Man In America-James Gregory: The trademark caricature is the essence of James Gregory’s comedy: whimsical reflections on life from the front porch. For decades this veteran comic has stood grinning: his blue shirt untucked, his arms outstretched, a carefree welcome to a down-home, hilarious storytelling experience.
He'll be at the Sunrise Theatre on Sunday April 11 at 7 p.m.
Tickets are available on line for $48
Purchase tickets online by visiting this website - https://bit.ly/3rS3TI8.
The Sunrise Theatre is located at 117 S 2nd St. in Fort Pierce.
FRIDAY APRIL 16
• Hallstrom Planetarium Presents “The Planets”: The Hallstrom Planetarium at Indian River State College (IRSC) presents “The Planets,” a full-dome immersive presentation of our solar system. The show debuts on April 16 at 6:00 and 7:30 p.m., and April 17 at 1:00 and 2:30 p.m. Tickets for the “The Planets” are $5.
Tickets can be purchased at the IRSC Box Office in the McAlpin Fine Arts Center lobby on the IRSC Massey Campus at 3209 Virginia Avenue in Fort Pierce, Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., or by phone with VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Call the McAlpin Fine Arts Center Box Office at 1-800-220-9915 to reserve seats.
Planetarium shows are recommended for adults and for children over the age of four.
To learn more about the Hallstrom Planetarium, visit https://www.irsc.edu/community/planetarium.html.
SATURDAY APRIL 17
Lyrical Night: The Dance Academy of Stuart presents the 21st annual 'Lyrical Night' on Saturday April 1 at 5:30 p.m. at the Sunrise Theatre in Fort Pierce. A beautiful evening of music and movement featuring the students of the Dance Academy of Stuart.
Theatre will take place with a limited seating capacity of 50%. Patrons can buy single tickets or in groups of two only. Ticket prices begin at $33. Purchase tickets on line here> https://bit.ly/3d6e9qX.
For larger orders, please contact the Box Office by calling (772) 461-4775 Monday – Thursday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Sunrise Theatre is located at 117 S 2nd Street in historic downtown Fort Pierce.
FRIDAY APRIL 23, SATURDAY APRIL 24, & SUNDAY APRIL 25
• The Little Mermaid: The Renaissance Charter School of St. Lucie presents Disney's Little Mermaid at the Sunrise Theatre in Fort Pierce Friday April 23, Saturday April 24, and Sunday April 25.
Based on one of Hans Christian Andersen's most beloved stories and the classic animated film, Disney's The Little Mermaid is a hauntingly beautiful love story for the ages.
Tickets start at $11. Purchase tickets online at > https://bit.ly/3dkGEBf.
Families that purchase tickets to this show are invited to attend our Princess Tea Party free of charge at the Black Box starting at 12:30 PM.
Come dance, meet various Disney princesses and have light refreshments. Princesses will be available for photographs and all of our little prince and princesses are encouraged to dress the part!
SATURDAY APRIL 24
•'Bulldog Unleashed': Former WWE star, "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith Jr. comes to Port St. Lucie and he’s coming for a fight.
See all your favorite stars at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center, Cha Cha Charlie, Alex Ocean, Agony, Ariel Levy, Bill Alfonso, and many more.
Doors open on Saturday April 24 at 7 p.m. The first bell is at 8 p.m. Please note - facial coverings are required!
Coastal Championship Wrestling has been the premier professional wrestling promotion and school in South Florida for 17 years.
Ticket prices range from $10 to $35.
Buy tickets on the CCW website - https://bit.ly/3ds3QxM.
For more information, please visit www.midfloridaeventcenter.com.
The MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center is located at 9221 SE Event Center Pl in Port St. Lucie.
• Live Rodeo, Live Concert, & Family Fun: The Busch Rodeo & Concert is coming to the St Lucie County Fairgrounds on Saturday April 24. The Busch Rodeo and Concert is one of the largest rodeos to happen on the Treasure Coast!
Bareback riding, steer wrestling, saddle bronc riding, team roping, bull riding and more. We are sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA).
The Busch Rodeo and Concert is action packed and fun for the whole family. Come early and enjoy great music and food.
• SLC Safety Festival Returns: One of the area’s most important community events is set to return on April 24. The SLC Safety Festival was postponed in 2020 due to the pandemic and this year’s event will be a little different. COVID precautions will be in place and updated as the date approaches. It takes place at the Clover Park stadium in Port St. Lucie from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Admission and parking are free.
Attendees will be treated to some very impressive live demonstrations including SWAT, Jaws of Life, Live Burn, Hostage Rescue, Bomb Disposal and K-9 demonstrations.
In addition to the live demonstrations, touch-a-trucks, vendors, kid’s zone and other activities are returning. Educational and safety information is available throughout the property. First Responder personnel are available to answer questions and provide insight on how they keep our community safe.
The Clover Park stadium is located at 31 Piazza Dr. in Port St. Lucie. For vendor or sponsorship information, please call (772) 337-0049 or visit slcsafetyfest.com.
TUESDAY APRIL 27
• Port St. Lucie's 60th anniversary!: The City of Port St. Lucie is celebrating 60 years of incorporation, and officials are inviting the public to join the celebration.
Throughout April, the City plans to host a series of 60th birthday events, contests and celebrations so everyone can participate.
Attend a free outdoor Birthday Bash on Tuesday, April 27 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center in Port St. Lucie.
Live music will begin at 5:30 p.m., so bring your lawn chair and picnic basket. During the sets, staff will be raffling off 60th Anniversary giveaways and handing out free sun catchers, while supplies last.
Residents can enjoy a slice of cake, play a trivia contest to win concert tickets for the Event Center’s We Love Lucie concert series, take a commemorative keepsake photo and make their mark with sidewalk chalk.
Inside the MIDFLORIDA Event Center, the doors will be open late till 8:30 p.m. for sports fans to browse memorabilia inside the Florida Sports Hall of Fame. Food will be available for purchase.
Learn more about the City's 60th Anniversary at www.cityofpsl.com/psl60.
The MIDFLORIDA Event Center is located at 9221 SE Event Center Place in Port St. Lucie.
SATURDAY MAY 1
• Dickerson Ultimate Drive Golf Tournament: The St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners is looking forward to another record-breaking year in fundraising at the 6th Annual Dickerson Ultimate Drive Golf Tournament benefiting the United Way of St. Lucie County. The tournament takes place on Saturday, May 1 at the Fairwinds Golf Course. Food and beverage will be provided by The Rusty Putter.
Fairwinds Golf Course is an award-winning public course managed by St. Lucie County’s Parks and Recreation Department.
The cost to enter the tournament is $400 per foursome. Business sponsorships are available through St. Lucie County’s Human Resources Department and the United Way. Raffle prizes include a variety of items and gift cards from local businesses.
To register or sponsor this event go to > https://www.unitedwayslc.org/6th-annual-dickerson-ultimate-drive-golf-tournament.
For more information about the Dickerson Ultimate Drive Golf Tournament, contact Roxanne Hall with United Way of St. Lucie County at 772-465-5300 or Doug Baber with St. Lucie County Human Resources at 772-464-1401.
The Fairwinds Golf Course is located at 4400 Fairwinds Drive off of U.S. 1 in northern Fort Pierce.
• NEWBREED Treasure Coast Championship: The NEWBREED Jiu Jitsu Federation (NJJF) returns to Port St. Lucie for the Treasure Coast Championship at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center.
It takes place on Saturday May 1 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The doors open at 8 a.m. The tournament starts at 9:30 a.m.
General admission tickets are $15. Buy tickets on this website - https://bit.ly/3moxZCe. Please note - facial coverings are required!
The Treasure Coast Championship is sure to attract top talent from all over the state. Don't miss this chance to test your skills and experience scenic Port St. Lucie with the whole team!
The MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center is located at 9221 SE Event Center Place in Port St. Lucie. For more information, please visit www.midfloridaeventcenter.com.
SATURDAY MAY 15
• Beer, Bands, Bites, & Business Festival: Come out to the Causeway Cove Marina on from 1-5 p.m. on Saturday May 15 for the Beer, Bands, Bites, & Business Festival! There will be craft beer, live music, and great food! Admission is $5; $20 for pre-sale beer wristbands, $25 at the event.
Purchase tickets at: https://stluciechamber.org/event/beer-bands-bites-business-festival/.
Sponsorships are available on this website: https://stluciechamber.org/event/beer-bands-bites-business-festival/.
This event will benefit the St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce’s mission to help local businesses prosper through advocacy, education, and exposure and the St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce Foundation which continues to annually, for the past 36 years, award 15 scholarships through our Young Floridian Scholarship Program as well as our Leadership St. Lucie program to help develop future community leaders. The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce and Foundation are not subsidized organizations and are a 501c6 and 501c3.
The Causeway Cove Marina is located at 601 Seaway Dr. in Fort Pierce.
• The Jazz Market: The Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society Jazz Market is a year-round event. Every Saturday the Society hosts a Jazz Market "featuring creative arts & crafts" in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce on the waterfront of the Indian River.
The Jazz Market hours are 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Original hand made crafts, stained glass, Highwaymen paintings, hand-painted glassware and much, more are available for purchase. Funds raised support education programs and local scholarships.
The market is open to all crafters who wish to participate, given space available and our Market Managers discretion.
If you are an interested new vendor, applications are now being accepted.
For more information, please email: JazzMarket@jazzsociety.org.
• Comedy Show and Dinner: The comedy shows are back at 6 p.m. on the first Friday of every month at the Lakeview Bar & Grille in the St. Lucie Trail Golf Club. Our dinner & comedy show is presented by GROUCHO'S COMEDY! We are open to the public, no gate access needed! Show starts at 8 pm with dinner before the show. Three (3) course dinner buffet including coffee & dessert is $39 plus tax and tip. You don't want to miss this!
All of our servers wear masks for your protection. Social distancing is taking place Reservations are required. Call Karyn at 772-336-2507. The Lakeview Bar & Grille at St. Lucie Trail Golf Club is located at 951 S.W. Country Club Drive in Port St. Lucie.
• Virtual Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson: Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson is held every third Friday of the month from 8-9 a.m.
During these unprecedented times we will be hosting via Facebook Live at Main Street Fort Pierce- https://www.facebook.com/main.pierce.
This event is sponsored by Main Street Fort Pierce. It is a positive networking experience for those that attend. Businesses, community organizations, and newcomers to the area are welcome to share information about upcoming events or activities occurring in the Treasure Coast region.
• Live Country/Southern Rock: Every Friday night and Saturday night come hear live country and southern rock from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Good Times Rock Bar in Port St. Lucie.
You must be 21 and over. Free cover, great service, and the best bands!
Call us at (772) 337-3546 for up to date information on all of our entertainment.
The Good Times Rock Bar is located at 9144 S US Hwy 1 in the East Port Plaza in Port St Lucie.
• Fresh Market in Tradition: Come for a nice stroll through our “Fresh Market in Tradition” on every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Port St. Lucie at the “Tradition Neighborhood Market”. We have over 30 different vendors on one long strip ready to serve you with fresh and organic fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, raw honey, “really” cage free organic eggs, fresh juices, healthy Smoothies, baked goods, pastries, gluten free bread, banana bread, carrot cake, organic cheeses, fruit plants, herbs and flowers plants.
We also offer home décor, fabric masks, clothes, shoes, jewelry, handmade products, custom made products, art, unique gifts, crafts, goods, services and so much more. So come visit us, we’ll have a nice gourmet coffee waiting for you. It is completely outdoors, perfect for social distancing and you can bring your four-legged friends and your strollers. Remember our vendors rotate so we don’t always have the same products but we’ll have something new every Saturday.
The “Tradition Neighborhood Market" is located on SW Tradition Pkwy across from Target and Michael’s in Tradition, Port St Lucie.
• School Day Play!: From noon until 4 p.m. every Friday of every month the Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie holds special park hours just for kids that are home schooled or at home for online learning. The cost is $29.99 for Platinum Access. Socks not included in the event pricing. The Urban Air Adventure Park Port St. Lucie is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.
• Saturday Reggae with the Rainfall Band: Leave your worries behind and enjoy the laid back island reggae sounds of Rainfall Reggae Band at the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery! Enjoy food from The Musca-Diner Food Truck!
Please visit the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery page on our website before planning a visit, including how to reserve a private table. Event occurs every other Saturday from 1-4 p.m. Please arrive by 1:30 pm to keep reservation.
There is a suggested $5 per person donation for table reservations that helps support the band and charity, or give what you feel you can afford. All donations include a raffle ticket. Children under 16 no donation suggested. We encourage wearing masks and bringing your own canopy with hold downs or umbrella and lawn chairs. As usual No coolers on or off premise, food or beverages, including water are allowed (We have free water by the glass or bottled water for $1). Rain or shine. Rain is actually really fun! Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery is located at 4200 Johnston Road in Fort Pierce. For more information, call (772) 460-0500.
• Jumperoo and School Day Jump: The Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie offers a special time each week when we open the park just for kids 5 & under, trampolines only, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. It is a special time each week where we open the park just for kids 5 & under, Trampolines only. The cost is $9.99 per child; no charge for parents. Socks are not included in event pricing. The Jumperoo and School Day Jumps are held every Friday of every month at the same time. The Urban Air Adventure Park is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.