Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
SATURDAY MAY 1
• Dickerson Ultimate Drive Golf Tournament: The St. Lucie County Board of County Commissioners is looking forward to another record-breaking year in fundraising at the 6th Annual Dickerson Ultimate Drive Golf Tournament benefiting the United Way of St. Lucie County. The tournament takes place on Saturday, May 1 at the Fairwinds Golf Course. Food and beverage will be provided by The Rusty Putter.
Fairwinds Golf Course is an award-winning public course managed by St. Lucie County’s Parks and Recreation Department.
The cost to enter the tournament is $400 per foursome. Business sponsorships are available through St. Lucie County’s Human Resources Department and the United Way. Raffle prizes include a variety of items and gift cards from local businesses.
To register or sponsor this event go to > https://www.unitedwayslc.org/6th-annual-dickerson-ultimate-drive-golf-tournament.
For more information about the Dickerson Ultimate Drive Golf Tournament, contact Roxanne Hall with United Way of St. Lucie County at 772-465-5300 or Doug Baber with St. Lucie County Human Resources at 772-464-1401.
The Fairwinds Golf Course is located at 4400 Fairwinds Drive off of U.S. 1 in northern Fort Pierce.
• NEWBREED Treasure Coast Championship: The NEWBREED Jiu Jitsu Federation (NJJF) returns to Port St. Lucie for the Treasure Coast Championship at the MIDFLORIDA Event Center.
It takes place on Saturday May 1 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. The doors open at 8 a.m. The tournament starts at 9:30 a.m.
General admission tickets are $15.
Buy tickets on this website - https://bit.ly/3moxZCe.
Please note - facial coverings are required!
The Treasure Coast Championship is sure to attract top talent from all over the state. Don't miss this chance to test your skills and experience scenic Port St. Lucie with the whole team!
The MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Event Center is located at 9221 SE Event Center Place in Port St. Lucie.
For more information, please visit - www.midfloridaeventcenter.com.
MONDAY MAY 3
• Love the Inlet: Throughout the month of May the Ft. Pierce Historical Society and the City of Ft. Pierce will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the opening of the Ft. Pierce Inlet, the largest and oldest man-made inlet in the country.
The inlet was made possible by the perseverance of the local community of fishermen and businessmen whose hard work and vision made the inlet into the international shipping port that it has become today.
The month long landmark celebration this May will honor the inlet's opening on May 8 1921.
Here is a list of the planned events:
Monday May 3:
- 6 p.m. - City proclamation at the Fort Pierce City Hall - 100 Year Committee
Tuesday May 4:
- 10 a.m. - County Proclamation, County Administration Building - 100 Year Committee
Friday May 7:
-5 p.m. Friday Fest on Main Street/ Museum at PP Cobbs
Saturday May 8:
-10 a.m. flag raising and prayer service at Smithsonian Boat Ramp
-11:30 a.m. boat parade/Blessing of the Fleet/ jet skies and kayaks/BBQ
-After the parade at the Museum Park – hot dogs, burgers and music!
Saturday May 15:
-Plein Art Day at the Inlet State Park
-1921 Costume party at the Fort Pierce Yacht Club
Saturday May 22:
-Fishing tournament at Little Jim; Summerlin Fish Fry
Wednesday May 26:
-6 p.m. Pierced Ciderworks – special cider – Citrus to Cure Scurvy, unveiling of label and name to pay tribute to inlet/ sea shanty singing competition
To learn more about the celebrations contact Morgen Reynolds at Beyond The Trend Marketing at (772) 999-6045.
FRIDAY MAY 7 through FRIDAY JUNE 18
• Through the Eye of the Camera: The A.E. Backus Museum and gallery invites amateur and professional artists in traditional and digital photography are encouraged to enter this favorite competitive opportunity that champions photography as an art form.
To submit your work complete an entry form here - https://bit.ly/3goKwEN.
Entries accepted by advance appointment through Apr 30.
We return to our beginnings in this juried exhibition to close this special anniversary season. Support the arts by supporting artists.
Learn more at the museum website - https://backusmuseum.org/juried-shows.
SATURDAY MAY 15
• Beer, Bands, Bites, & Business Festival: Come out to the Causeway Cove Marina on from 1-5 p.m. on Saturday May 15 for the Beer, Bands, Bites, & Business Festival! There will be craft beer, live music, and great food! Admission is $5; $20 for pre-sale beer wristbands, $25 at the event.
Purchase tickets at: https://stluciechamber.org/event/beer-bands-bites-business-festival/.
Sponsorships are available on this website: https://stluciechamber.org/event/beer-bands-bites-business-festival/.
This event will benefit the St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce’s mission to help local businesses prosper through advocacy, education, and exposure and the St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce Foundation which continues to annually, for the past 36 years, award 15 scholarships through our Young Floridian Scholarship Program as well as our Leadership St. Lucie program to help develop future community leaders. The St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce and Foundation are not subsidized organizations and are a 501c6 and 501c3.
The Causeway Cove Marina is located at 601 Seaway Dr. in Fort Pierce.
SATURDAY JUNE 5
• 52nd Annual Sport Fishing Offshore Tournament: The Florida Sport Fishing Association is hosting their 52nd Annual Offshore Slam fishing tournament on June 5 off Port Canaveral.
A Captain’s party will be held Friday, June 4, at the Kiwanis Island Park Recreation Center located at 951 Kiwanis Island Park Road on Merritt Island. It starts 5:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
More than $22,000 is available in General Awards, including $5,000 for the Big Fish Prize, and $3,000 for General Slam.
Early registration is now open at - www.Offshoreslam.com. The first 120 teams to register will receive a Captain’s Bucket. Online raffle tickets are also available at that site.
All ages are welcome. There are Ladies and Junior angler prize categories this year too.
Proceeds support marine education in local junior and high schools, building offshore artificial reefs, kids fishing clinics and the fishing sport community throughout east central Florida.
For more information, visit: www.fsfaclub.org.
• The Jazz Market: The Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society Jazz Market is a year-round event. Every Saturday the Society hosts a Jazz Market "featuring creative arts & crafts" in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce on the waterfront of the Indian River.
The Jazz Market hours are 8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Original hand made crafts, stained glass, Highwaymen paintings, hand-painted glassware and much, more are available for purchase. Funds raised support education programs and local scholarships.
The market is open to all crafters who wish to participate, given space available and our Market Managers discretion.
If you are an interested new vendor, applications are now being accepted.
For more information, please email: JazzMarket@jazzsociety.org.
• Comedy Show and Dinner: The comedy shows are back at 6 p.m. on the first Friday of every month at the Lakeview Bar & Grille in the St. Lucie Trail Golf Club. Our dinner & comedy show is presented by GROUCHO'S COMEDY! We are open to the public, no gate access needed! Show starts at 8 pm with dinner before the show. Three (3) course dinner buffet including coffee & dessert is $39 plus tax and tip. You don't want to miss this! All of our servers wear masks for your protection. Social distancing is taking place Reservations are required. Call Karyn at 772-336-2507. The Lakeview Bar & Grille at St. Lucie Trail Golf Club is located at 951 S.W. Country Club Drive in Port St. Lucie.
• Virtual Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson: Coffee with Fort Pierce Mayor Linda Hudson is held every third Friday of the month from 8-9 a.m.
During these unprecedented times we will be hosting via Facebook Live at Main Street Fort Pierce - https://www.facebook.com/main.pierce.
This event is sponsored by Main Street Fort Pierce. It is a positive networking experience for those that attend. Businesses, community organizations, and newcomers to the area are welcome to share information about upcoming events or activities occurring in the Treasure Coast region.
• Live Country/Southern Rock: Every Friday night and Saturday night come hear live country and southern rock from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Good Times Rock Bar in Port St. Lucie.
You must be 21 and over. Free cover, great service, and the best bands!
Call us at (772) 337-3546 for up to date information on all of our entertainment.
The Good Times Rock Bar is located at 9144 S US Hwy 1 in the East Port Plaza in Port St Lucie.
• Fresh Market in Tradition: Come for a nice stroll through our “Fresh Market in Tradition” on every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Port St. Lucie at the “Tradition Neighborhood Market”. We have over 30 different vendors on one long strip ready to serve you with fresh and organic fruits, vegetables, mushrooms, raw honey, “really” cage free organic eggs, fresh juices, healthy Smoothies, baked goods, pastries, gluten free bread, banana bread, carrot cake, organic cheeses, fruit plants, herbs and flowers plants.
We also offer home décor, fabric masks, clothes, shoes, jewelry, handmade products, custom made products, art, unique gifts, crafts, goods, services and so much more. Breakfast food trucks so come visit us we’ll have a nice gourmet coffee waiting for you. It is completely outdoors, perfect for social distancing and you can bring your four-legged friends and your strollers. Remember our vendors rotate so we don’t always have the same products but we’ll have something new every Saturday. The “Tradition Neighborhood Market" is located on SW Tradition Pkwy across from Target and Michael’s in Tradition, Port St Lucie.
• School Day Play!: From noon until 4 p.m. every Friday of every month the Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie holds special park hours just for kids that are home schooled or at home for online learning. The cost is $29.99 for Platinum Access. Socks not included in the event pricing. The Urban Air Adventure Park Port St. Lucie is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.
• Saturday Reggae with the Rainfall Band: Leave your worries behind and enjoy the laid back island reggae sounds of Rainfall Reggae Band at the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery! Enjoy food from The Musca-Diner Food Truck!
Please visit the Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery page on our website before planning a visit, including how to reserve a private table. Event occurs every other Saturday from 1-4 p.m. Please arrive by 1:30 pm to keep reservation.
There is a suggested $5 per person donation for table reservations that helps support the band and charity, or give what you feel you can afford. All donations include a raffle ticket. Children under 16 no donation suggested. We encourage wearing masks and bringing your own canopy with hold downs or umbrella and lawn chairs. As usual No coolers on or off premise, food or beverages, including water are allowed (We have free water by the glass or bottled water for $1). Rain or shine. Rain is actually really fun! Summer Crush Vineyard and Winery is located at 4200 Johnston Road in Fort Pierce. For more information, call (772) 460-0500.
• Jumperoo and School Day Jump: The Urban Air Adventure Park in Port St. Lucie offers a special time each week when we open the park just for kids 5 & under, trampolines only, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. It is a special time each week where we open the park just for kids 5 & under, Trampolines only. The cost is $9.99 per child; no charge for parents. Socks are not included in event pricing. The Jumperoo and School Day Jumps are held every Friday of every month at the same time. The Urban Air Adventure Park is located at 9020 South US Hwy 1 in Port St. Lucie.