FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4
• Our Annual Fall Fest is Here: Kick-off your fall season with Martin County Parks and Recreation! On October 4, 2019, from 6 pm to 9 pm, join us for our FREE Fall Fest event at Langford Park, located at 2369 NE Dixie Highway in Jensen Beach. Bring the whole family! Kids of all ages can enjoy the kids fun zone, a pumpkin patch, arts and crafts, face painting, pumpkin decorating station, an educational interactive animal exhibit, a variety of kids games, and a DJ playing all of the top hits. Food trucks and food vendors will be on-site with tasty selections, as well as a variety of businesses and craft vendors.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12
• Wine at the Moon: 6 p.m.- 10 p.m., Celebrate with us at Summer Crush Vineyard & Winery, and kick-off the two most amazing annual events on the Treasure Coast: the IRL Science Festival and the Procession of the Species! There will be live music from the Nouveaux Honkies, food available for purchase from food trucks and drinks available for purchase from the Summer Crush Vineyard & Winery. This pre-party is open to the public. There is no cover, but donations will be accepted at the door. This event supports the Indian River Lagoon Science Festival and the Procession of the Species Events that will take place on Oct 26th in Downtown Fort Pierce. No reservations required. Free. For more information contact the Oxbow at (772) 785-5833.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 14
• Camp Riverlution: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Oxbow Eco-Center, 5400 NE St. James Drive, Port St. Lucie. For ages 10-14. Be a part of the River Revolution. Participants will engage in hands-on and feet-wet active endeavors while becoming certified Jr. Water Champions. Pre-registration required. $30 per child for each session. Pre-registration is required. Please visit oxboweco.com for more information and to register.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18
• Bingo with lunch & Chinese auction & money raffle: $7.00 before date, $8.00 at door *10 games included. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. and we begin at noon. Location will be Holy Family, 2330 Mariposa Avenue, Port Saint Lucie. For more information contact Barbara at 772-398-1357 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19
•Making Strides Against Breast Cancer of St. Lucie County: Please join us between 12:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. Saturday for our 5k non competitive walk in support of Breast Cancer Awareness where we celebrate survivors and honor those that we have lost and raise funds to continue in our mission to Save Lives, Celebrate Lives, & Lead The Fight For A World Without Cancer - Register your team today and help make a difference in someone's life - We will have music, speakers, survivor brunch, give aways and so much more. Walk with us, so no one walks alone. We are located at Port St. Lucie Civic Center, 9221 SE Civic Center Place.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16
•2nd Annual Treasure Coast Wine & Ale Trail Festival: The St. Lucie, Indian River and Martin County Tourism Offices and its partners are proud to announce the 2019 2nd Annual Treasure Coast Wine & Ale Trail Festival taking place on Saturday, November 16, 2019 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Summer Crush Vineyard & Winery. Locals and visitors will enjoy locally made craft beer, wine, and cider all crafted right here on the Treasure Coast. Located at 4200 Johnston Road, Fort Pierce.
• Jazz Society Craft Market: Every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., the Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society hosts a Jazz Market "featuring creative arts & crafts" in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce on the waterfront of the Indian River. Original hand made crafts, stained glass, Highwaymen paintings, hand-painted glassware and much, more are available for purchase. Funds raised support education programs and local scholarships. Located at 1 Avenue A, Fort Pierce. For more information call: 772-812-4588.
• Karaoke and Trivia nights: A Kiss By A Rose Dj's present every Monday through Thursday Trivia is hosted by supporting staff with A Kiss By A Rose DJ's (Steve, Sue, Sean, Randy and Matt). Each venue offers great prizes to the top three placing winners and the best part is, there is no buy-in neccesary. Play for fun, fair and square for everyone with new trivia questions asked weekly to change things up along with a randomly assorted variety of questions from history, movie, music, science and more facts. Test your knowledge with some friends on a night out. Not to stop there, Karaoke is also offered every Friday and on the first and third weekend every Saturday every month. Below are listed Venue locations and times:
Monday - 7p.m. to 9p.m
Shuckers (Jensen Beach)
Tuesday - 7p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hurricanes (Jensen Beach)
Island Root Kava Bar (Stuart)
(Second and Fourth week each Month)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Wednesday - 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Maya's Mexican Grill (Palsm City)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Applebee's (Port St. Lucie)
Thursday - 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Saint Lucie Trails Golf Course (Saint Lucie West)
Friday - 9p.m. to 12a.m.
Applebee's (Fort Pierce)
With 14 years of DJ experience we specialize in Weddings, Parties, Trivia, Karaoke, Ceremonies, Benefits and more. We also include uplighting, making for a memorable event with great music and hosts. For more information visit: www.akissbyarose.com, email: email@example.com or call Steve and Sue at (772) 215-2774 or (772) 215-2566
• Food Truck Fridays: Located at 10708 SW Tradition Sq, Port St Lucie on the First Friday of every month. Chow Down Food Trucks at Tradition Square in Port Saint Lucie. The Best South Florida's Gourmet Food Trucks are coming to see you and will prepare their best dishes with a wide variety of cuisines; Wings, Tacos, Asian, Seafood, Mediterranean, American Comfort, BBQ, Cuban, Latin, Fusion, Dessert etc. Every meal is Freshly prepared and Cooked to order!!! Come on down enjoy the beautiful sunset!!!! It's a night for friends and family gethering and hang out together have dinner & dessert from the best gourmet food trucks.
Start serving from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Bring your lawn chair or blanket, Enjoy gourmet food & have a beer or a glass of wine or mixed drinks.
Let's the kid have fun with Bounce House, play ground, games & more activities.
Music by super Dj playing top hits from soft to the upbeat music. Shop local; souvenir and art craft vendors.
• Family Volunteer Night: On the fourth Friday of every month from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm at the UP Center located at 2520 Orange Ave, Fort Pierce bring the family to have dinner and help in supporting the UP Center. Dinner will be served and all ages are welcome. Volunteering can teach a sense of responsibility. Kids and teens learn what it means to make and keep a commitment. They learn how to be on time for a job, do their best, and be proud of the results. They also learn that, ultimately, we're all responsible for the well being of our communities.
That one person can make a difference. A wonderful, empowering message for kids is that they're important enough to have an impact on someone or something else.
The benefit of sacrifice. By giving up a toy to a less fortunate child, a child learns that sometimes it's good to sacrifice and that there are important things besides ourselves and our immediate needs.
Tolerance. Working in community service can bring kids and teens in touch with people of different backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, ages, and education and income levels. They'll learn that even the most diverse individuals can be united by common values.
Job skills. Community service can help young people decide on their future careers. Are they interested in the medical field? Hospitals and clinics often have teenage volunteer programs. Do they love politics? Kids can work on the real campaigns of local political candidates. Learning to work as a team member, taking on leadership roles, setting project goals ... these are all skills that can be gained by volunteering and will serve kids well in any future career.
How to fill idle time wisely. If kids aren't involved in traditional after school activities, community service can be a wonderful alternative.
• Guided Kayaking Tours: Tours start at 8 a.m. on Friday and Saturday mornings, Savannas Preserve State Park, 2541 Walton Road, Port St. Lucie. Tour the park by water with experienced kayak guides at your side. Cost is $10 per person donation to the Friends of Savannas (FriendsofSavannas.org), plus the state park admission fee ($2 a person, or $3 for a vehicle with up to 8 people). All equipment is included with your donation. The minimum age for participation is 6 years old. Reservations are required; call the park's education center at (772) 398-2779.
• Dinner & Dance: 6-9 p.m. every Tuesday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $14 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Bingo & trivia: Entertainment by AJ the DJ, plus drink specials, free bingo, prizes, and pop-quiz trivia, every Tuesday from 8-10 p.m., St. Lucie Lanes, 6759 S. U.S. 1, Port St. Lucie. For more information, call (772) 461-5390 or (772) 873-2981.
• Dance: 7-9:30 p.m. every Thursday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $8 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Mangrove & Manatee Tours: Fort Pierce Outdoor Center’s Mangrove & Manatee Tour takes guests on either a paddleboard or kayak through the mangrove estuaries and boundary waters surrounding Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guests can expect to see a variety of seabirds and aquatic life, even a manatee or pod of dolphins. The tour is suitable for participants of all ages and skill levels, and includes all necessary rental equipment, safety gear, and a dedicated tour guide to lead your expedition. Make sure to bring along water bottles, sunscreen, and any waterproof gear for your electronics, as this tour provides many opportunities for photo taking. The tour is 90 minutes to two hours, and begins at 9 a.m. and noon, Monday through Saturday as weather permits. Get a 360 degree view of the waterways and ecosystems of Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guided tour is $40 per person. Or, rent a paddleboard or kayak from the center to take your own adventure. The center faces Tucker Cove and is located at 905 Shorewinds Drive, Fort Pierce. Call (772) 979-4434 for more information. Reserve your spots online at fortpierceoutdoorcenter.com/eco-tours/.
• A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery: A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery is located at 500 N. Indian River Drive, along the waterfront in historic downtown Fort Pierce. Summer hours are Saturday and Sunday only through Sept. 17; the museum will close for the summer from Sept. 18 through mid-October. Admission is $5 per person. Museum members, children under 18 and active duty military admitted free; AARP, AAA and veterans with proper ID receive $2 discount on admission. For more information, call (772) 465-0630 or visit www.BackusMuseum.com.
• Jazz Society events: Tuesday, jazz jams at the Sunrise Black Box Theatre, 117 S. Second St., Fort Pierce, from 7-10 p.m. $6 cover for non-members. Full bar available. Every other Wednesday evening, jazz jams at the gardens, 6:30-9:30 p.m. $3 cover. Wine and beer available. 2410 Westmoreland Blvd., Port St. Lucie. Saturday mornings, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., jazz market in downtown Fort Pierce along the Indian River waterfront, featuring creative arts and crafts.
• Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582: Every day, bar bingo, from 10 a.m.-1 a.m. Tuesdays, ladies night from 7 -11 p.m. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. Wednesdays, bingo 6:30-11 p.m., 12 games, final game pot is $300. Thursdays, Texas Hold-em 7-11 p.m. Buy in is $20. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. – Fridays, open mic jam with Shawn, 7-11 p.m. - Everyone welcome. Men’s night - 7-11 p.m. Saturdays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. Sundays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. - Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582 is located at 510 S. U.S. 1, No. 3, Fort Pierce. After 9 p.m. must be 21. For more information, call (772) 461-2750.
• Free City of Port St Lucie Business Workshop: The City of Port St Lucie Business Tax Office conducts free business training workshops for existing, new, and relocating businesses in the city. Each workshop is approximately 90 minutes in length and covers a variety of topics, including permits, zoning, home-based businesses, marketing, code, contracting, and more. Attending these workshops will help companies and entrepreneurs avoid many pitfalls that they commonly encounter in setting up or running their businesses. The classes are free and pre-registration is requested but not required. Events take place through November 12. Located at 121 SW Port St Lucie Blvd, Building B, Port St. Lucie. Times vary, you may contact Chrystal Gomez at email: CGomez@CityofPSL.com or call (772)344-4238
• FRRC - Ft. Pierce Chapter Meeting: Ft. Pierce listen up! We have monthly meetings every 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Are you ready to use your voice to make a positive change in your community? We offer personal development, connections to other organizations that provide services to returning citizens. Come be apart of the organization that will help fight for the change we so desire. Located at 118 N 15th St, Fort Pierce. For more information email: David@Floridarrc.org or call (407)901-3749.
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.