FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 29
• Heathcote's 5th Annual Garden of Lights: Enjoy a kaleidoscope of color to delight visitors of all ages, with thousands of lights created in whimsical, colorful garden displays from 5:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Refreshments, entertainment and specail appearances by Santa and Mrs. Claus. Sponsorship opportunities still available. Tickets $8 for adults; $3 for children. Located at Heathcote Botanical Gardens, 210 Savannah Rd, Fort Pierce.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 30
• Last chance holiday show: Looking for FUN come out to the Last Chance Holiday Show and join us from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. for activities, vendors and more. Located at Knights of Columbus Council 7514, 451 SW Ravenswood Lane, Port Saint Lucie.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1 THROUGH TUESDAY, DECEMBER 31
• Winter Wonderland Light Show: is a one of-a-kind light and sound experience. Enjoy the light show daily, for free, throughout the month of December. Daily: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Located at Community Center, 2195 S.E. Airoso Blvd., Port St. Lucie. For more information, call (772) 878-2277.
THURSDAY, DEC. 5
• Festival of Lights: Celebrate the holidays with a festival, tree lighting and parade. 2-10 p.m. Dec. 5. Port St. Lucie Civic Center, 9221 S.E. Civic Center Place, Port St. Lucie. 772-878-2277; www.cityofpsl.com.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7
• Festival of Lights: Join your neighbors at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. to celebrate the 2019 holiday season at the Festival of Lights. Participants can sample local fare and do some holiday shopping among our arts and craft vendors. This annual popular event will feature live music at 8 p.m. and be sure to stay for the parade at 6 p.m. Immediately following the parade, spectators will enjoy the ever popular lighting of the 26.5-foot holiday tree. Located at Port St. Lucie Civic Center, 9221 SE Civic Center Place, PSL.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8
• Sights & Sounds on Second Festival and Parade: 31st Annual Sights and Sounds Festival & Parade – “Christmas by Land, Air or Sea" From 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. there will be magic in the air and music all around as Main Street Fort Pierce and the Sunrise Kiwanis kick off the 31st Annual Sights & Sounds on Second Festival and Parade in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce. Theme: “Christmas by Land, Air or Sea” Main Street Fort Pierce has a day full of activities planned that will appeal to all ages and we hope that you will find the time to join us for this exceptional day. This year Main Street Fort Pierce has enlarged our Children’s Area. The kid’s zone will include Santa, Goats & Ponies, Face Painting, special characters and hands on children activities by local businesses. Local shops and restaurants will be open for your shopping and dining experience, along with food vendors, arts and crafts, and the much anticipated Christmas parade. The Sights & Sounds Parade, sponsored by the Fort Pierce Sunrise Kiwanis Club starts at Tickle Tummy Hill on Second Street. It will travel south to Orange Avenue; turn east on Orange and North on Indian River Drive concluding at the River Walk Center. Immediately following the Parade will be the lighting of the Holiday Christmas Tree. The tree is located in the roundabout at Avenue A & Indian River Drive. The Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society will be at the roundabout playing holiday jazz music before and after the tree lighting. After the tree lighting, stay around for the “The Holiday Lights Spectacular” in Marina Square on Melody Lane. “The Holiday Lights Spectacular” is presented by the City of Fort Pierce. The light show consists of over 100,000 lights synchronized to holiday music and is a must see for both locals and out of town guests. “Christmas by Land, Air or Sea” is special time and we hope you and your family will join us for the festival and parade. For more information call Main Street Fort Pierce at 772-466-3880 or www.mainstreetfortpierce.org. Located on Second st. in Fort Pierce.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12
• Holiday Party on the Deck: Join us from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. for a holiday party on the deck. Sugar cured ham is on the dinner menu, with sides brought by you! Think Christmas dinner, what's your favorite dish? Bring it and BYOB. There will be food, music and dancing. Join us for a jolly time. Located at Causeway Cove Marina, 601 Seaway Drive, Fort Pierce, FL.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14
• Christmas Holiday Bazaar at Tradition Square: 2nd Christmas holiday bazaar at Tradition from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. free admission Free Parking. A event that you’re going to love. Grab your family, and join us! We will provide a evening of fantastic shopping from local shops, educational resources, giveaways and swag, food and drinks, all while connecting business and friends with relevant local resources. Over 60 booths of art & craft inspiration and creativity by exhibitors from all Treasure Coast. Handmade, one of a kind Christmas and holiday gifts. -Paintings,Contemporary & Wood Art, Handmade Clothing, Handmade Soaps, Handmade Jewelry, Metal Art, Handmade Home Decor, Baked Goods, Handmade Candles, Glass Art, just to name a few! Expect the unexpected at the Christmas Holiday Bazaar and prepare to be inspired. Music, Kids Zone, Food, Adult Beverages, A lot of Fun. All of Our Events are Rain or Shine.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 20
• Sounds of the Season Holiday Concert: Children’s Services Council of St. Lucie County is once again partnering with the SunriseTheatre Fort Pierce to present the 9th Annual Sounds of the Season holiday concert, along with WFLM - the Flame - Treasure Coast 104.7 FM. This free holiday concert takes place on Friday, December 20 at 7:00 p.m. at the Sunrise Theatre in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce. Your favorite songs of the season will be performed by programs funded by the Children’s Services Council, including the Boys & Girls Club, Future Generations, PACE Center for Girls, YMCA and END IT. Tickets are free, but guests are encouraged to bring a book the night of the event to be donated to our St. Lucie Reads initiative that is working to get a book into the hands of every child in St. Lucie County. Bring the kids and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year with a free holiday concert. Located at SunriseTheatre, 117 S 2nd St, Fort Pierce.
• Kids Night: Every Monday from 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Balloon Bobby from Balloon Masterz will be at PopStroke. Kids eat for only $2 from the kids menu with the purchase of an adult entree. Find us located at 11070 SW Village Parkway, Port Saint Lucie. For information call us at: (772) 800-6001.
• Jazz Society Craft Market: Every Saturday from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., the Fort Pierce Jazz & Blues Society hosts a Jazz Market "featuring creative arts & crafts" in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce on the waterfront of the Indian River. Original hand made crafts, stained glass, Highwaymen paintings, hand-painted glassware and much, more are available for purchase. Funds raised support education programs and local scholarships. Located at 1 Avenue A, Fort Pierce. For more information call: 772-812-4588.
• Karaoke and Trivia nights: A Kiss By A Rose Dj's present every Monday through Thursday Trivia is hosted by supporting staff with A Kiss By A Rose DJ's (Steve, Sue, Sean, Randy and Matt). Each venue offers great prizes to the top three placing winners and the best part is, there is no buy-in neccesary. Play for fun, fair and square for everyone with new trivia questions asked weekly to change things up along with a randomly assorted variety of questions from history, movie, music, science and more facts. Test your knowledge with some friends on a night out. Not to stop there, Karaoke is also offered every Friday and on the first and third weekend every Saturday every month. Below are listed Venue locations and times:
Monday - 7p.m. to 9p.m
Shuckers (Jensen Beach)
Tuesday - 7p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hurricanes (Jensen Beach)
Island Root Kava Bar (Stuart)
(Second and Fourth week each Month)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Wednesday - 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Maya's Mexican Grill (Palsm City)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Applebee's (Port St. Lucie)
Thursday - 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Saint Lucie Trails Golf Course (Saint Lucie West)
Friday - 9p.m. to 12a.m.
Applebee's (Fort Pierce)
With 14 years of DJ experience we specialize in Weddings, Parties, Trivia, Karaoke, Ceremonies, Benefits and more. We also include uplighting, making for a memorable event with great music and hosts. For more information visit: www.akissbyarose.com, email: email@example.com or call Steve and Sue at (772) 215-2774 or (772) 215-2566
• Food Truck Fridays: Located at 10708 SW Tradition Sq, Port St Lucie on the First Friday of every month. Chow Down Food Trucks at Tradition Square in Port Saint Lucie. The Best South Florida's Gourmet Food Trucks are coming to see you and will prepare their best dishes with a wide variety of cuisines; Wings, Tacos, Asian, Seafood, Mediterranean, American Comfort, BBQ, Cuban, Latin, Fusion, Dessert etc. Every meal is Freshly prepared and Cooked to order!!! Come on down enjoy the beautiful sunset!!!! It's a night for friends and family gethering and hang out together have dinner & dessert from the best gourmet food trucks.
Start serving from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Bring your lawn chair or blanket, Enjoy gourmet food & have a beer or a glass of wine or mixed drinks.
Let's the kid have fun with Bounce House, play ground, games & more activities.
Music by super Dj playing top hits from soft to the upbeat music. Shop local; souvenir and art craft vendors.
• Family Volunteer Night: On the fourth Friday of every month from 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm at the UP Center located at 2520 Orange Ave, Fort Pierce bring the family to have dinner and help in supporting the UP Center. Dinner will be served and all ages are welcome. Volunteering can teach a sense of responsibility. Kids and teens learn what it means to make and keep a commitment. They learn how to be on time for a job, do their best, and be proud of the results. They also learn that, ultimately, we're all responsible for the well being of our communities.
That one person can make a difference. A wonderful, empowering message for kids is that they're important enough to have an impact on someone or something else.
The benefit of sacrifice. By giving up a toy to a less fortunate child, a child learns that sometimes it's good to sacrifice and that there are important things besides ourselves and our immediate needs.
Tolerance. Working in community service can bring kids and teens in touch with people of different backgrounds, abilities, ethnicities, ages, and education and income levels. They'll learn that even the most diverse individuals can be united by common values.
Job skills. Community service can help young people decide on their future careers. Are they interested in the medical field? Hospitals and clinics often have teenage volunteer programs. Do they love politics? Kids can work on the real campaigns of local political candidates. Learning to work as a team member, taking on leadership roles, setting project goals ... these are all skills that can be gained by volunteering and will serve kids well in any future career.
How to fill idle time wisely. If kids aren't involved in traditional after school activities, community service can be a wonderful alternative.
• Guided Kayaking Tours: Tours start at 8 a.m. on Friday and Saturday mornings, Savannas Preserve State Park, 2541 Walton Road, Port St. Lucie. Tour the park by water with experienced kayak guides at your side. Cost is $10 per person donation to the Friends of Savannas (FriendsofSavannas.org), plus the state park admission fee ($2 a person, or $3 for a vehicle with up to 8 people). All equipment is included with your donation. The minimum age for participation is 6 years old. Reservations are required; call the park's education center at (772) 398-2779.
• Dinner & Dance: 6-9 p.m. every Tuesday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $14 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Dance: 7-9:30 p.m. every Thursday, Polish American Club, 343 Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie. $8 per person. BYOB and soda. For reservations, call Cindy, (508) 287-3370.
• Mangrove & Manatee Tours: Fort Pierce Outdoor Center’s Mangrove & Manatee Tour takes guests on either a paddleboard or kayak through the mangrove estuaries and boundary waters surrounding Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guests can expect to see a variety of seabirds and aquatic life, even a manatee or pod of dolphins. The tour is suitable for participants of all ages and skill levels, and includes all necessary rental equipment, safety gear, and a dedicated tour guide to lead your expedition. Make sure to bring along water bottles, sunscreen, and any waterproof gear for your electronics, as this tour provides many opportunities for photo taking. The tour is 90 minutes to two hours, and begins at 9 a.m. and noon, Monday through Saturday as weather permits. Get a 360 degree view of the waterways and ecosystems of Fort Pierce Inlet State Park. Guided tour is $40 per person. Or, rent a paddleboard or kayak from the center to take your own adventure. The center faces Tucker Cove and is located at 905 Shorewinds Drive, Fort Pierce. Call (772) 979-4434 for more information. Reserve your spots online at fortpierceoutdoorcenter.com/eco-tours/.
• A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery: A.E. Backus Museum & Gallery is located at 500 N. Indian River Drive, along the waterfront in historic downtown Fort Pierce. Summer hours are Saturday and Sunday only through Sept. 17; the museum will close for the summer from Sept. 18 through mid-October. Admission is $5 per person. Museum members, children under 18 and active duty military admitted free; AARP, AAA and veterans with proper ID receive $2 discount on admission. For more information, call (772) 465-0630 or visit www.BackusMuseum.com.
• Jazz Society events: Tuesday, jazz jams at the Sunrise Black Box Theatre, 117 S. Second St., Fort Pierce, from 7-10 p.m. $6 cover for non-members. Full bar available. Every other Wednesday evening, jazz jams at the gardens, 6:30-9:30 p.m. $3 cover. Wine and beer available. 2410 Westmoreland Blvd., Port St. Lucie. Saturday mornings, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., jazz market in downtown Fort Pierce along the Indian River waterfront, featuring creative arts and crafts.
• Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582: Every day, bar bingo, from 10 a.m.-1 a.m. Tuesdays, ladies night from 7 -11 p.m. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. Wednesdays, bingo 6:30-11 p.m., 12 games, final game pot is $300. Thursdays, Texas Hold-em 7-11 p.m. Buy in is $20. Free pool play, 7-11 p.m. – Fridays, open mic jam with Shawn, 7-11 p.m. - Everyone welcome. Men’s night - 7-11 p.m. Saturdays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. Sundays, karaoke by D-3 with Ariel and Steve, 7-11 p.m. - Treasure Coast Eagles No. 3582 is located at 510 S. U.S. 1, No. 3, Fort Pierce. After 9 p.m. must be 21. For more information, call (772) 461-2750.
• Free City of Port St Lucie Business Workshop: The City of Port St Lucie Business Tax Office conducts free business training workshops for existing, new, and relocating businesses in the city. Each workshop is approximately 90 minutes in length and covers a variety of topics, including permits, zoning, home-based businesses, marketing, code, contracting, and more. Attending these workshops will help companies and entrepreneurs avoid many pitfalls that they commonly encounter in setting up or running their businesses. The classes are free and pre-registration is requested but not required. Events take place through November 12. Located at 121 SW Port St Lucie Blvd, Building B, Port St. Lucie. Times vary, you may contact Chrystal Gomez at email: CGomez@CityofPSL.com or call (772)344-4238
• FRRC - Ft. Pierce Chapter Meeting: Ft. Pierce listen up! We have monthly meetings every 4th Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Are you ready to use your voice to make a positive change in your community? We offer personal development, connections to other organizations that provide services to returning citizens. Come be apart of the organization that will help fight for the change we so desire. Located at 118 N 15th St, Fort Pierce. For more information email: David@Floridarrc.org or call (407)901-3749.
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.