EVERY OTHER TUESDAY
• NOTES Music Room & Wine Bar: Every Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 10:15 p.m., all types of musicians, vocalists, poets, and other great performers come to Notes to share their talents! This is a very entertaining evening! Come perform OR just listen, watch and enjoy! Beer & Wine Specials all evening, no cover charge, crowd can sing along and interact, lots of fun. Located at 872 S Colorado Ave, Stuart
THURSDAY, AUGUST 1 THROUGH SATURDAY, AUGUST 31
• During the month of August: The Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House will donate a total of $2500 to the Education foundation of Martin & St. Lucie Counties and guests get to choose the candidates. Here's how you can nominate who you would like to win the donation.
1. Purchase an Entree @ the Dolphin & Receive a Raffle Ticket entry.
2. Nominate your favorite local Teacher, Class or School.
3. Tune into Coast 101.3 LIVE every Friday morning for the weekly winning drawings!
Five classrooms/teachers will be drawn each week.
Drawings will take place weekly on Coast 101.3 in the morning LIVE! The winning pulls will receive $100 donation each. It's as simple as that. Located at: 1401 NE Indian River Dr., Jensen Beach.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 9
• Days Between with Spiral Light and Friends: With special guest Denise Parent from Brown Eyed Women - All Female Tribute to The Grateful Dead on drums and lead vocals, the super talented Jay Camphire on keyboards, and my buddy Mike Camacho on bass and vocals. Join us in remembrance of Jerry Garcia to wrap up the Days Between. Jerome Garcia was born on 8/1/42 and died on 8/9/95.
8/1 - 8/9 are known as The Days Between.. We all come together to celebrate the man who gave us all he had to give.. We miss you Jerry!
Spiral Light and Friends:
Joni Bottari - Lead Guitar
Michael Camacho - Bass and Vocals
Jay Camphire - Keyboards
Denise Parent - Drums and Vocals.
Doors at 6:00
Showtime 7:00 - 10:00
We will honor Jerry on this night.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 15
• The Lyric Theatre Presents Classic Albums Live: Fleetwood Mac - Rumours:
Located at 59 SW Flagler Avenue for just $48 from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Rumours was the 11th studio album by Fleetwood Mac and the bands most successful. Released in 1977, it reached the top of both the U.S. Billboard 200 and the U.K. Albums Chart and won the Grammy for Album of the Year. Several songs, including Dont Stop and Go Your Own Way were released as singles and reached the U.S. Top 10. The album went on to sell more than 40 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time. In 2018, it was selected for preservation in the National Recording Registry as culturally, historically or artistically significant by the Library of Congress.
Since 2003, Classic Albums Live has taken the greatest albums of all time and recreated them, live, on stage, note for note, cut for cut, using only the best musicians available. Craig Martin, founder of Classic Albums Live, spelled out his goals for each performance. The audience should think of them as recitals, he said. These albums are historic and stand the test of time. We dont dress up or wear any sort of costume. We just stand there and play. All of our energy is put into the music. We want this performance to sound exactly like the album.
Classic Albums Live puts on more than 100 shows a year across North America. Martin has his own theory about the reason for the programs success. We created something that endures and connects, he said. These albums are sacred to people. We deliver exactly what we promote: note for note and cut for cut accuracy. Its this type of accountability that works for the series.
In a retrospective look at the album, reviewer Stephen Erlewine said that each tune, each phrase, regains its raw immediate emotional power. That is why it touched a nerve upon its 1977 release and has since transcended its era to be one of the greatest, most compelling pop albums of all time.
You can hear it live. Think about tomorrow and get your tickets now.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 16
• Art Market Live - Monthly Pop-up Market & Live Art: Free community event held in conjunction with The Soul Arts Society (found on Facebook). Come meet and support local Treasure Coast artists. Browse art for purchase, and see "live art" being made on site!
3rd Friday of each month,
5:30 to 8 PM. Aug 16 and beyond...
Free wine samples for all guests (just ask at the indoor bar). Beer & wine deals all evening. Craft Beers, wines, mimosas, sangrias, coffees, cuban espresso, Pastries and Snacks available for purchase. Live music from 6 PM and on. The Art Market takes place out in the Wine Garden, 872 Colorado Ave., Stuart, FL (if rain, will move artists inside). Free parking in rear of the Notes building and just 1/3 block down on Kindred St. at Colorado Ave. You have our deepest appreciation for supporting local visual and performing artists - they are much more deserving than Walmart and Amazon. Shop small and shop local to sustain our small towns and neighborhoods. Notes has been undertaking efforts for the past two years to help build an Arts & Entertainment District along Colorado Ave. Your patronage means everything - Thank you. Local art makes a great gift for someone you love.
• Karaoke and Trivia nights: A Kiss By A Rose Dj's present every Monday through Thursday Trivia is hosted by supporting staff with A Kiss By A Rose DJ's (Steve, Sue, Sean, Randy and Matt). Each venue offers great prizes to the top three placing winners and the best part is, there is no buy-in neccesary. Play for fun, fair and square for everyone with new trivia questions asked weekly to change things up along with a randomly assorted variety of questions from history, movie, music, science and more facts. Test your knowledge with some friends on a night out. Not to stop there, Karaoke is also offered every Friday and on the first and third weekend every Saturday every month. Below are listed Venue locations and times:
Monday- 7p.m. to 9p.m
Shuckers (Jensen Beach)
Tuesday- 7p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hurricanes (Jensen Beach)
Island Root Kava Bar (Stuart)
(Second and Fourth week each Month)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Wednesday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Maya's Mexican Grill (Palsm City)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Applebee's (Port St. Lucie)
Thursday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Chubbies (Port St. Lucie)
Saint Lucie Trails Golf Course (Saint Lucie West)
Friday- 9p.m. to 12a.m.
Applebee's (Fort Pierce)
Saturday- 7p.m. to 11p.m.
Chubbies (Port St. Lucie) (Every second and fourth week each month)
With 14 years of DJ experience we specialize in Weddings, Parties, Trivia, Karaoke, Ceremonies, Benefits and more. We also include uplighting, making for a memorable event with great music and hosts.
• Presenting a new way to enjoy and savor with family and friends: Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa is offering Pizza Classes at Drift Kitchen & Bar on weekends from 2-3 p.m. and 4-5 p.m.
Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa’s Pizza Classes will provide visitors with the opportunity to craft a delicious pizza while learning techniques and using fresh ingredients, including local produce and delicious cheeses. For $24 per person, guests can make, mix and add favorite toppings to a quality pie, and will receive an embroidered Drift Kitchen & Bar apron, along with a copy of the pizza dough recipe. Dates and times of events vary depending on occupancy, so please call (772) 334-1950 for further details.
• Girl Talk At Gilberts: On the second Wednesday of every month at 11:00 a.m. get together for casual networking, meeting, and supporting other women. No elevator speeches, no speakers, and no schedule. Enjoy delicious coffees, teas, smoothies, and snacks at the beautiful Gilbert's Coffee Bar on the St. Lucie River. We meet monthly on the second Wednesday. Gilbert's is located at the marina next door to Sailor's Return. Be sure to take advantage of the complimentary valet service at Sailor's Return. Located at 615 SW Anchorage Way, Stuart.
• Join us at the Sneaki Tiki Restaurant and Bar: Downtown Stuart on the first Sunday of each month starting at high noon for some camaraderie and Code Rum Cocktails featuring the Bloody Pirate, arrrr version of Bloody Mary. "We're gonna change the way you drink!" There will always be LIVE music, this week will feature Brad Brock's One Man Band Show. Everyone attending receives a free raffle ticket for some cool giveaways. Come in pirate garb and receive (one) free rum punch. Courtesy of Code Rum. The Sneaki Tiki will be offering an array of Code cocktails and food specials including Bottomless Bloody Pirates for only $15! They will also be featuring Crab Cakes and Wings specials. We will be hosting some cool, fun, and at times, somewhat embarrassing contests including but not limited to, hula hoop, rum chugging, limbo, talk like a pirate, lip sync battles, air guitar, stand up comedy competition and bartender battles. So come on out, party like a pirate and keep to the code at The Sneaky Tiki.
Plunder responsibly. Don't drink and drive. Live in concert Singer/Songwriter & One Man Band entertainer Brad Brock performs an eclectic mix of original music, top 40 hits, & singer/songwriter classics in his unique one man band style. He plays a variety of instruments simultaneously & sings to create a truly live full band sound. www.bradbrock.com Located at, 211 Colorado Ave, Stuart.
• Live music: Every Friday and Saturday of every month The Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House will be hosting live music starting at 7 p.m. in the Lounge Bar, right on the river!
With regular visits by Brad Brock, Ken Gill, Xander James, Diane Cumberland, Victoria Leigh, Josh Horton, Joel DaSilva, Delta Dave, Abby Owens, and more! Located at 1401 NE Indian River Dr., Jensen Beach, FL, 34957. Search the link to check out our entertainment calendar!
• Road to Victory Military Museum: Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Military Museum presents the Road to Victory Military Museum in Memorial Park in downtown Stuart 319 SE Stypmann Boulevard. Free to attend, but donations are appreciated. 1941 US Army Barracks now housing a military museum filled with military artifacts, weapons, books, uniforms, equipment and vehicles collected as donations from all US involved wars and countries. A not for profit 501(c)3 museum run by volunteers. For more information, call (703) 835-4166 or visit www.facebook.com/roadtovictory.
• Art Market Live - Monthly Pop-up Market & Live Art: Free community event held in conjunction with The Soul Arts Society (found on Facebook). Event takes place at Music Room & Wine Bar located at 872 Colorado Ave., Stuart. Come meet and support local Treasure Coast artists. Browse art for purchase, and see "live art" being made on site! On the third Friday of each month, 5:30 to 8 PM. June 21, July 19, Aug 16, and beyond. Free wine samples for all guests (just ask at the indoor bar). Beer and wine deals all evening. Craft Beers, Wines, Mimosas, Sangrias, Coffees, Cuban Espresso, Pastries and Snacks available for purchase. Live music tarting at 6 PM. The Art Market takes place out in the Wine Garden (unless rain, will move artists inside). You have our deepest appreciation for supporting local visual and performing artists. Shop small and shop local to sustain our small towns and neighborhoods. Notes has been undertaking efforts for the past 2 years to help build an Arts & Entertainment District along Colorado Ave. Your patronage means everything. Thank you! Local art makes a great gift for someone you love.
• Story Time in the Gallery: Fun for the Youngest Readers The Arts Council of Martin County believes you’re never too young to appreciate the arts and has worked to enhance and elevate arts education to residents of all ages since its founding in 1980. Story Time in the Gallery is made possible by PNC Bank’s Arts Alive program and will offer art-themed story time geared preschool children and their families on the last Thursday of each month. Story time at the Court House Cultural Center runs from 10 - 10:30 a.m. Volunteer readers from Bridges Montessori, The Pine School and PNC Bank, among others, select books that celebrate the arts in some way. Selections may involve a beautifully illustrated storybook with the reader explaining the medium used or it could be a ‘learn to count’ book using Van Gogh’s sunflowers. One volunteer discussed the color wheel using books about rainbows. Parent or guardian must accompany the child for the duration of the program and families are encouraged to inger, mingle, and enjoy the exhibit after the Story Time in the Gallery presentation. There is no cost for these special mornings and, although geared for preschoolers, accompanied children of any age are welcome. Don’t miss any of the exciting monthly presentations of Story Time Programs. The Court House Cultural Center is located at 80 S.E. Ocean Boulevard, Stuart. For information, call 772-287-6676 or visit MartinArts.org
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to email@example.com. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.