FRIDAY, MAY 17
• Splash and Movie Night: Aquaman: Our first Splash and Movie Night of 2019 season is upon us! Come and enjoy 2 hours of exclusive waterpark access from 5:45 PM to 7:45 PM followed by a movie experience like no other - floating on an inner tube. On Friday, May 17, the movie Aquaman, will Splash and Movie Night tickets are $12.95 and can be purchased online only. There are a limited amount of tickets for each movie and they sell out quickly. For more information and ticket purchases, visit www.SailfishSplash.com.
• Blue Beetles with The Shakers: Earthtones presents Blues Beatles in concert at Terra Fermata, located at 26 SE 6th Street in Stuart on Friday, May 17 from 7-8 pm. Tickets are $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Blues Beatles started during the breaks of the rehearsals of Today – an original band that Marcos Viana, Flavio Naves, Lancaster Ferreira, Bruno Falcão and Fred Barley started in 2010.
SATURDAY, MAY 18
• 3rd Saturday Gourmet in downtown Hobe Sound: The Hobe Sound Chamber of Commerce invites you to dine in style in 2019 at the 3rd Saturday Gourmet in downtown Hobe Sound from 5 - 9 p.m. This very popular, family- friendly and pet- friendly food truck series takes place under the stars on Mars & Apollo Streets. Featuring 12 different unique food trucks from all over south Florida and several local craft vendors, 3rd Saturday Gourmet is free admission. Bring chairs and picnic blankets. Please use Taste Casual Dining’s address in your GPS, 11750 SE Dixie Highway, Hobe Sound. For more information, please call the Hobe Sound Chamber of Commerce at (772) 546-4724
• Avant-Gardent Party: Join us in celebrating the newly designated Stuart Arts + Entertainment District with live art, music, vendors, food + fun! $10 admission, proceeds to benefit The Arts Council of Martin County. Sorry, pets are not permitted at this event. The event will take place at 130 SE Martin Luther King Jr Boulevard in Stuart from 3-9 p.m. on Saturday, May 18. For more information, visit the events Facebook page at www.facebook.com/events/1227550714088257
SUNDAY, MAY 19
• Hats, Ties and Tea Fundraiser: The PACE Center for Girls at the not-to-be-missed Hats, Ties and Tea event set for Sunday, May 19 between 3-6 p.m. The Santa Lucia River Club, located at 3325 SE Ballantrae Boulevard in Port St. Lucie will be “brimming” over with fashionable ladies in their most divine chapeaux promenading in the Fancy Hat contest and stylishly-attired handsome gentlemen strutting in the Dapper Man contest. Additionally, some of the Treasure Coast’s most influential women will be recognized for their achievements in the community and support of The PACE Center for Girls. Delightful finger sandwiches, salads, beverages and desserts will be provided by the Santa Lucia River Club. $45 per person or $80 per couple, you’ll enjoy every minute of this spectacular fundraising event. Tables of ten are $400. For more information and to RSVP, call 772-595-8880, ext. 8812, email Judith.Evans@pacecenter.org or visit www. pacecenter.org/locations/treasure-coast
SATURDAY, MAY 25
• Food Truck Wars: On Saturday, May 25, Caring By Sharing United will be sposoring "Food Truck Wars" of Port St. Lucie with 40 Food Trucks competing for five awards. Live Music and executive & celebrity judges will be on hand as well as beer gardens, Splash Pad & kids area. Admission and parking are free. The event will run from 12-6 p.m. and both cash and credit cards are accepted at the trucks. The event will take place at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center located at 9221 SE Civic Center Place in Port St. Lucie. For more information, call (772) 807-4488 or visit www.cityofpsl.com/government/departments/civic-center
MONDAY, MAY 27
• Road to Victory Military Museum: On Monday, May 27 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Military Museum presents the Road to Victory Military Memorial Day parade. Participants will gather at a TBD spot at 9:00. The parade will begin at 10:00. After the ceremony, following the parade. all veterans and their families and friends are encouraged to attend a Veteran Meet and Greet at the 319 SE Stypmann Blvd Road to Victory Military Museum We invite the veterans to share their stories and honor them for their service. Members will be at the museum to invite area residents interested in volunteering or students and young adults interested in the Victory Ranger program for guys and gals age 14-20 years old. For more information, call (703) 835-4166, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.facebook.com/roadtovictory.
MONDAY, JUNE 10 - FRIDAY, JUNE 28
• The Wizard of Oz Performace Camp: St. Luke’s School of the Arts will have “The Wizard of Oz Theatrical Performance Camp,” June 10-28, Mondays through Fridays, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., for ages 8-17. The camp, run by a professional staff, will be at the church, located at 5150 S.E. Railway Avenue, Cove Road at Dixie Highway in Stuart. A performance will be on Friday, June 28 at the church. Cost: $100 per week if enrolled by June 7. Scholarships/multiple child discounts are available. For more information, call 772-286-5455 or go to www.stlukesfl.org.
TUESDAY, JUNE 11
• Stuart School of Music: The Treasure Coast Flute Choir: Cindy Kessler. Many outstanding young people study music throughout the year at the renowned Stuart School of Music where many instruments are taught by some of the finest artist teachers of the Treasure Coast. 80 Southeast Ocean Boulevard, Stuart. For more information, call (772) 287-6676.
SATURDAY, JUNE 15
• House of Refuge and the Paranormal: On Saturday June 15 from 6-9 p.m., join Paranormal Investigator Trish Mesmer and her husband Patrick the author of “Ghost of the Treasure Coast” for a ghost filled evening at the House of Refuge Museum. Is it really haunted? Demonstrating the latest equipment, they will lead you through the buildings reaching out the any sprits that wish to communicate. The House of Refuge is located at House of Refuge Museum, 301 S E MacArthur Boulevard in Stuart. Cost is $35.00. Space is limited to 12 participants. Participants must be over 14, anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent. For more information or to reserve your space , contact Michael at the House of Refuge Museum 772-225-1875 or visit www.houseofrefugefl.org
THURSDAY, JUNE 18
• Rock of Ages at Barn Theatre: Rock of Ages will be presented at the Barn Theatre, located at The Barn Theatre 2400 SE Ocean Boulevard in Stuart, July 18-28. Rock of Ages, nominated for five Tony Awards, including Best Musical, takes place in 1987, on the Sunset Strip, when a small town girl meets a big city rocker. In LA’s most famous rock club, they fall in love to the greatest songs of the 80s. The story is told through the mind-blowing hits JOURNEY, STYX, REO SPEEDWAGON, PAT BENATAR, and many others. Some of the classic rock hits include Hit Me with Your Best Shot, Anyway You Want It, We Built This City, & Dont Stop Believing. The original Broadway production ran for 2,328 performances, making it the 29th longest running Broadway musical. For show times and tickets, call (772) 287-4884 or visit www.barn-theatre.com.
FRIDAY, JUNE 28
• The Wizard of Oz Performace Camp: St. Luke’s School of the Arts will have “The Wizard of Oz Theatrical Performance Camp,” will perform "The Wizard of Oz" on Friday, June 28. The performance, by participants and run by a professional staff, will be at the church, located at 5150 S.E. Railway Avenue, Cove Road at Dixie Highway in Stuart.. For more information, call 772-286-5455 or go to www.stlukesfl.org.
THURSDAY, JULY 18 - SUNDAY, JUNE 28
• Rock of Ages at Barn Theatre: Rock of Ages, nominated for five Tony Awards, including Best Musical, takes place in 1987, on the Sunset Strip, when a small town girl meets a big city rocker. In LA’s most famous rock club, they fall in love to the greatest songs of the 80s. The story is told through the mind-blowing hits JOURNEY, STYX, REO SPEEDWAGON, PAT BENATAR, and many others. Some of the classic rock hits include Hit Me with Your Best Shot, Anyway You Want It, We Built This City, & Dont Stop Believing. The original Broadway production ran for 2,328 performances, making it the 29th longest running Broadway musical. The performance will take place at the Barn Theatre, located at 2400 SE Ocean Blvd in Sutart from July 18-28. For more information, call the Box Office for times and ticket prices at (772) 287-4884
• Road to Victory Military Museum: Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Military Museum presents the Road to Victory Military Museum in Memorial Park in downtown Stuart 319 SE Stypmann Boulevard. Free to attend, but donations are appreciated. 1941 US Army Barracks now housing a military museum filled with military artifacts, weapons, books, uniforms, equipment and vehicles collected as donations from all US involved wars and countries. A not for profit 501(c)3 museum run by volunteers. For more information, call (703) 835-4166 or visit www.facebook.com/roadtovictory.
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to email@example.com. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.