FRIDAY, Dec. 18
• The Children's Museum of the Treasure Coast - Holidays Around the World: Come explore & travel the world at the Children’s Museum of the Treasure Coast on December 18th for our Holidays Around the World Stroll! Members can travel from 4:30pm-5pm & general admission starts at 5pm until 7pm. Tickets are $6 per person (Infants 12 months & under are FREE!) All expeditions begin with a passport that gets stamped as you travel throughout different countries exploring diverse cultures and holiday traditions celebrated across the planet! MASKS/FACE SHIELDS ARE REQUIRED for all adults & children 6+. Social Distancing 6 feet apart is to be followed. Visit: www.childrensmuseumtc.org
• The Martin Artisan Guild features the work of 6 Guild members:
The show runs Wednesdays through Sundays until Dec. 30. Closed Christmas Day. Location: Palm Room Gallery at Harbour Bay Plaza, 3778 SE Ocean Blvd in Stuart. The December exhibit is supported in part by Women Supporting the Arts and the Arts Council of Martin County. For information, visit www.mcost.org.
• Our Stories - Treasure Coast History at the Elliott Museum: Tantalizing tidbits of Treasure Coast history at The Elliott Museum in Stuart. 10 - 5 p.m. through December 31.
This gallery includes archaeological artifacts from Native Americans and shipwrecks; artifacts from early agriculture, fishing, tourism, and recreational boating; and items from the start of industries such as Grumman Aircraft and Whitcar boat builders. The exhibit even includes voting machines from the controversial 2000 US Presidential election. Location: 825 NE Ocean Blvd, Stuart, Price: Cost included with regular admission.
• Stuart Main Street Gallery at the Elliott Museum: The Stuart Main Street gallery immerses visitors in historic Stuart and the vehicles that were then part of people’s lives, here and across the nation. 10 - 5 p.m. through December 31. Recreated facades of the historic Citizens Bank, the Walter Kitching Store, and Krueger buildings harken back to a time when Stuart was emerging as the thriving community. Visitors will see not only the earliest pioneer motor vehicles that changed Martin County’s and the nation’s dependence upon the horse, but also will learn how Model T Fords eventually brought rural dwellers into town and how trucks changed domestic life by delivering goods and services to homes.
• Road to Victory Museum The Road to Victory Military Museum located in Stuart Florida at 319 SE Stypmann Boulevard is open Saturdays 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and by appointment. The museum displays artifacts and memorabilia from veterans across the Treasure Coast, the US and even throughout the world donated to RTVMM. The items are displayed in the original WWII barracks from Jonathan Dickinson park. Veterans are honored at parades and events. Docents are needed to cover the museum in two or four hour shifts on Saturdays & by appt. We need volunteers for lawn maintenance, military vehicle restoration, and individuals to work with the Victory Rangers. The Victory Rangers are involved in WWII reenactments. The RTVMM Victory Rangers age 14 to 20, guys and gals, work on military vehicles and are involved in community events. They are also involved as docents covering the museum.. Orientation is required. Please fill out application On Saturdays at the museum. Background and criminal check will be required for adults as docents. Visitors and docents wear masks and practice social distancing. Please contact us for additional information for volunteering at facebook/roadtovictory or call 772-210-4283 or 703-835-4166.
• St. Monica's Church Famous Fish Fry: Famous Fish Fry on the 3rd Friday of each Month from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., except for November and December. Serving ample helpings of Cooked to Order Grouper or Tillipia (Mild, Lemon, Spicy or Naked) with choice of two sides such as Pigeon Peas and Rice, Maccaroni and Cheese, Green Beans, Collard Greens and a choice of Cole Slaw or Potato Salad and Hushpuppies with a Choice of a Dessert including Pound Cake, Cookies, Brownies, etc. St. Monica's Episcopal Church -The Friendly Little Church With Caribbean Spirit is located at 800 Central Avenue in Stuart. $12 for Dinners and $8.00 for Sandwiches. All are welcome. For more information, call (772) 221-0552, or visit www.stmonicas.org
• Tot Tuesday at Treasure Coast Square: Treasure Coast Square welcomes all kids ages 5 & under to join us for "Tot Tuesday", held the first Tuesday of the month from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in JCPenney Court.These free monthly events will feature sing-a-longs, story time, games, crafts, special guests and more! Call 772-692-9401 for more information.
• Rocktopus Concert Series: There's a whole lot of music to be had at Ocean Republic Brewing, located at 1630 SE Federal Highway in Stuart. Join us every first Saturday of the month starting Aug. 1 at 8 p.m for our new Rocktopus Live Concert Series. Enjoy lively music on our patio by authentic Florida musicians as you sip our fresh housemade beer or a brand-new craft cocktail selection! Plus, we have a revamped menu featuring our original recipes that will make you mouth water.
• Sunset Coastal Discovery Walk at Ocean Bay Beachside: Take a deep breath as you enjoy the last rays of light and celebrate the completion of another day. From 6:30 - 8 p.m. on the he third Tuesday of every month. Secluded beaches, golden sunsets and a cool ocean breeze are the perfect way to end the day. Before the sun sets, walk with us as we discover how these beaches protect us from major storm events and what wildlife exists just offshore. Finish the evening sitting along the water’s edge watching as the coastal environment transforms into night.