FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4
• Our Annual Fall Fest is Here: Kick-off your fall season with Martin County Parks and Recreation! On October 4, 2019, from 6 pm to 9 pm, join us for our free Fall Fest event at Langford Park, located at 2369 NE Dixie Highway in Jensen Beach. Bring the whole family! Kids of all ages can enjoy the kids fun zone, a pumpkin patch, arts and crafts, face painting, pumpkin decorating station, an educational interactive animal exhibit, a variety of kids games, and a DJ playing all of the top hits. Food trucks and food vendors will be on-site with tasty selections, as well as a variety of businesses and craft vendors.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4 THROUGH SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5
• The Port Salerno Mermaid & Pirate Festival: will feature several Arts & Crafts and Pirate Themed Vendors, Great Foods & Beverages, a Living History Pirate Encampment, Pirate Ship Displays, Pirate Weapon Demonstrations, Live Music & Entertainment, An Interactive Treasure Hunt, Fun Activities and a Costume Contest for the kids, and plenty of Pirates and Mermaids. Festival Admission is Free. Friday Night Pirate's Ball Advance Tickets $40. Event is from 7 p.m. located at The Twisted Tuna, 4290 SE Salerno Rd, Port Salerno.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4 THROUGH SUNDAY, OCTOBER 20
• It's Halloween Season: A.C.T. presents “Bell, Book and Candle” by John Van Druten. Gillian Holroyd is one of the few modern people who can actually cast spells and perform feats of supernaturalism. She casts a spell over a publisher, Shepherd Henderson, partly to keep him away from a rival and partly because she is attracted to him. He falls head over heels in love with her at once and wants to marry her. But witches, unfortunately, cannot fall in love, and this minute imperfection leads to a number of complications. Performances Oct. 4 - 20: Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 p.m., Sundays at 3:00 p.m. A.C.T. Studio Theatre, Cedar Pointe Plaza, 2399 SE Ocean Blvd., Stuart. Tickets $25. For tickets and information please call (772) 932-8880 or visit actstudiotheatre.com
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15
• Taste of Martin County 2019: Join us from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. The Big Taste of Martin County is the premier food and wine festival bringing the community together for an evening of fun, food, wine, craft beer, music, and more! Over 30 local restaurants serve their best culinary samples while competing to be the "best" in Martin County. Guests attending will not only receive all of the food and dessert samplings for their admission, but it will also include all wine, beer, and liquor samplings. All of the proceeds benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Palm Beach and Martin Counties, a nonprofit creating and supporting one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. Stuart Jet Center, 2501 SE Aviation Way, Stuart.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17
• Bingo Italian Night: Every third Thursday at St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 5150 S.E. Railway Avenue, Cove Road at Old Dixie Highway, Port Salerno. Doors open at 5 p.m.; dinner is at 5:30 p.m.; Bingo begins at 6:30 p.m. Cost of $10 includes a Bingo card and a pasta dinner with salad and dessert. Beer and wine will be available for a donation along with the purchase of additional cards and specials. For more information, call 772-286-5455.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19
• 13th Annual Fire Fest Returns to Jonathan Dickinson State Park:
What: 13th Annual Fire Fest
Who: Jonathan Dickinson State Park
When: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m. Saturday, October 19.
Where: Jonathan Dickinson State Park, 16450 SE Federal Hwy, Hobe Sound
Price: $6 park entry, $15-20 swamp buggy tickets, $2 hayride tickets, $5 65’ kid and adult giant obstacle course and toddler bounce area, food and drinks for purchase, prescribed fire demonstrations (day and night), exhibitors from surrounding counties, helicopter water drop demos, live animal encounters, live music, Haunted Spooky Trail, and fall/Halloween décor. Some activities end before 9 p.m. Tickets with discounted prices will be available online.
More Info: 772-532-8089; www.friendsofjdsp.org
Why: To entertain and educate the community on the importance of prescribed fire for our wildlife and future generations. Benefitting: The Friends of Jonathan Dickinson State Park.
• Saddle up: The Wild West Children's Ball is on November 16th at 6 p.m. Our annual Children's Ball event is all about the kids and this year, we are bringing the Wild West to the Treasure Coast. Wild West themed crafts, game/activity stations, dessert bar, silent & live auctions, as well as a special Wild West performance are on the agenda for the evening. Ticket prices are $30 for Children or $40 for Adults. Horses must stay in the stables. All guests will enjoy an Adult & Child Buffet sponsored by Sonny's BBQ and adults will receive two drink tickets to use at the Saloon Bar. Mark yourself as 'Interested' or 'Going' for updates on tickets and details for this year's event. Our event committee is working hard to bring a Shin Dig fun enough to knock your boots off.
Contact us at email@example.com or (772) 225-7575 Ext. 206 to find out about the multiple sponsorship packages available; promotion included on social media, at the event, e-mail blasts, and on the mailed invitation. Find us at The Children's Museum of the Treasure Coast, 1707 NE Indian River Drive, Jensen Beach.
• Karaoke and Trivia nights: A Kiss By A Rose Dj's present every Monday through Thursday Trivia is hosted by supporting staff with A Kiss By A Rose DJ's (Steve, Sue, Sean, Randy and Matt). Each venue offers great prizes to the top three placing winners and the best part is, there is no buy-in neccesary. Play for fun, fair and square for everyone with new trivia questions asked weekly to change things up along with a randomly assorted variety of questions from history, movie, music, science and more facts. Test your knowledge with some friends on a night out. Not to stop there, Karaoke is also offered every Friday and on the first and third weekend every Saturday every month. Below are listed Venue locations and times:
Monday- 7p.m. to 9p.m
Shuckers (Jensen Beach)
Tuesday- 7p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hurricanes (Jensen Beach)
Island Root Kava Bar (Stuart)
(Second and Fourth week each Month)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Wednesday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Maya's Mexican Grill (Palsm City)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Applebee's (Port St. Lucie)
Thursday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Saint Lucie Trails Golf Course (Saint Lucie West)
Friday- 9p.m. to 12a.m.
Applebee's (Fort Pierce)
With 14 years of DJ experience we specialize in Weddings, Parties, Trivia, Karaoke, Ceremonies, Benefits and more. We also include uplighting, making for a memorable event with great music and hosts.
EVERY OTHER TUESDAY
• NOTES Music Room & Wine Bar: Every Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 10:15 p.m., all types of musicians, vocalists, poets, and other great performers come to Notes to share their talents! This is a very entertaining evening! Come perform OR just listen, watch and enjoy! Beer & Wine Specials all evening, no cover charge, crowd can sing along and interact, lots of fun. Located at 872 S Colorado Ave, Stuart
• Presenting a new way to enjoy and savor with family and friends: Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa is offering Pizza Classes at Drift Kitchen & Bar on weekends from 2-3 p.m. and 4-5 p.m.
Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa’s Pizza Classes will provide visitors with the opportunity to craft a delicious pizza while learning techniques and using fresh ingredients, including local produce and delicious cheeses. For $24 per person, guests can make, mix and add favorite toppings to a quality pie, and will receive an embroidered Drift Kitchen & Bar apron, along with a copy of the pizza dough recipe. Dates and times of events vary depending on occupancy, so please call (772) 334-1950 for further details.
• Girl Talk At Gilberts: On the second Wednesday of every month at 11:00 a.m. get together for casual networking, meeting, and supporting other women. No elevator speeches, no speakers, and no schedule. Enjoy delicious coffees, teas, smoothies, and snacks at the beautiful Gilbert's Coffee Bar on the St. Lucie River. We meet monthly on the second Wednesday. Gilbert's is located at the marina next door to Sailor's Return. Be sure to take advantage of the complimentary valet service at Sailor's Return. Located at 615 SW Anchorage Way, Stuart.
• Join us at the Sneaki Tiki Restaurant and Bar: Downtown Stuart on the first Sunday of each month starting at high noon for some camaraderie and Code Rum Cocktails featuring the Bloody Pirate, arrrr version of Bloody Mary. "We're gonna change the way you drink!" There will always be LIVE music, this week will feature Brad Brock's One Man Band Show. Everyone attending receives a free raffle ticket for some cool giveaways. Come in pirate garb and receive (one) free rum punch. Courtesy of Code Rum. The Sneaki Tiki will be offering an array of Code cocktails and food specials including Bottomless Bloody Pirates for only $15! They will also be featuring Crab Cakes and Wings specials. We will be hosting some cool, fun, and at times, somewhat embarrassing contests including but not limited to, hula hoop, rum chugging, limbo, talk like a pirate, lip sync battles, air guitar, stand up comedy competition and bartender battles. So come on out, party like a pirate and keep to the code at The Sneaky Tiki.
Plunder responsibly. Don't drink and drive. Live in concert Singer/Songwriter & One Man Band entertainer Brad Brock performs an eclectic mix of original music, top 40 hits, & singer/songwriter classics in his unique one man band style. He plays a variety of instruments simultaneously & sings to create a truly live full band sound. www.bradbrock.com Located at, 211 Colorado Ave, Stuart.
• Live music: Every Friday and Saturday of every month The Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House will be hosting live music starting at 7 p.m. in the Lounge Bar, right on the river!
With regular visits by Brad Brock, Ken Gill, Xander James, Diane Cumberland, Victoria Leigh, Josh Horton, Joel DaSilva, Delta Dave, Abby Owens, and more! Located at 1401 NE Indian River Dr., Jensen Beach, FL, 34957. Search the link to check out our entertainment calendar!
• Road to Victory Military Museum: Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Military Museum presents the Road to Victory Military Museum in Memorial Park in downtown Stuart 319 SE Stypmann Boulevard. Free to attend, but donations are appreciated. 1941 US Army Barracks now housing a military museum filled with military artifacts, weapons, books, uniforms, equipment and vehicles collected as donations from all US involved wars and countries. A not for profit 501(c)3 museum run by volunteers. For more information, call (703) 835-4166 or visit www.facebook.com/roadtovictory.
• Art Market Live - Monthly Pop-up Market & Live Art: Free community event held in conjunction with The Soul Arts Society (found on Facebook). Event takes place at Music Room & Wine Bar located at 872 Colorado Ave., Stuart. Come meet and support local Treasure Coast artists. Browse art for purchase, and see "live art" being made on site! On the third Friday of each month, 5:30 to 8 PM. June 21, July 19, Aug 16, and beyond. Free wine samples for all guests (just ask at the indoor bar). Beer and wine deals all evening. Craft Beers, Wines, Mimosas, Sangrias, Coffees, Cuban Espresso, Pastries and Snacks available for purchase. Live music tarting at 6 PM. The Art Market takes place out in the Wine Garden (unless rain, will move artists inside). You have our deepest appreciation for supporting local visual and performing artists. Shop small and shop local to sustain our small towns and neighborhoods. Notes has been undertaking efforts for the past 2 years to help build an Arts & Entertainment District along Colorado Ave. Your patronage means everything. Thank you! Local art makes a great gift for someone you love.
• Story Time in the Gallery: Fun for the Youngest Readers The Arts Council of Martin County believes you’re never too young to appreciate the arts and has worked to enhance and elevate arts education to residents of all ages since its founding in 1980. Story Time in the Gallery is made possible by PNC Bank’s Arts Alive program and will offer art-themed story time geared preschool children and their families on the last Thursday of each month. Story time at the Court House Cultural Center runs from 10 - 10:30 a.m. Volunteer readers from Bridges Montessori, The Pine School and PNC Bank, among others, select books that celebrate the arts in some way. Selections may involve a beautifully illustrated storybook with the reader explaining the medium used or it could be a ‘learn to count’ book using Van Gogh’s sunflowers. One volunteer discussed the color wheel using books about rainbows. Parent or guardian must accompany the child for the duration of the program and families are encouraged to inger, mingle, and enjoy the exhibit after the Story Time in the Gallery presentation. There is no cost for these special mornings and, although geared for preschoolers, accompanied children of any age are welcome. Don’t miss any of the exciting monthly presentations of Story Time Programs. The Court House Cultural Center is located at 80 S.E. Ocean Boulevard, Stuart. For information, call 772-287-6676 or visit MartinArts.org
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.