FRIDAY, MARCH 6 AND SATURDAY, MARCH 7
• The Garden Club of Stuart hosts a Flower Show: This flower show, entitled “Hooked on Books!” will be judged by nationally accredited flower show judges. The finest entries will be recognized with National Garden Clubs Top Division and Section Awards in addition to the usual blue (1st place), red, yellow and white ribbons. There will be dozens of creative floral designs exhibited along with a multitude of horticulture entries. A Botanical Arts Division will display several groups of florally decorated artistic crafts along with floral themed photography. The show will be held on Friday, March 6th from 1 to 4 p.m. and Saturday March 7th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Indian River State College located at 2400 SE Salerno Road in Stuart. This event, “a gift to the community”, is open and free to the public.
SATURDAY, MARCH 7
• Archaeology Day: Join us March 7 at 1:00 p.m. at Hobe Sound Public Library. Have you ever wondered what an archaeologist does? What do they do in your area? Your questions will be answered by a local archaeologist. Learn about sites in Martin County and projects that the South East Florida Archaeological Society are doing to protect local history. Join us for a lecture, including some hands on artifacts, games, and crafts. Items will be on display for the afternoon after the program. Ages 8 and up. Free and open to the public.
THURSDAY, MARCH 12
• Vitamins: What do I need and what do I need to know? Overwhelming evidence reveals that micronutrient deficiencies are associated with health issues and chronic disease, therefore affecting physical and mental health, weight management and ultimately, quality of life. Learn the facts about vitamins, minerals and dietary supplements including what to look for and how to know if you are deficient.Our free health seminars are developed by health professionals to provide practical, science-based information on health topics that matter to you and your family. They are designed to help raise awareness, educate and provide participants the tools they need to improve their health and lifestyle. Seminars are held each month. They are held at the Blake Library – Trustees Conference Room (upstairs by the children’s library) 2351 SE Monterey Rd, Stuart, from 6pm to 7pm.
• Deep Disruption: Join us at at IRSC Vero Beach and Stuart campuses. Lectures at the Mueller Campus in Vero Beach are offered 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; lectures at the Chastain Campus in Stuart take place 3 to 5 p.m. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the lecture. Lectures last approximately one hour and are followed by a moderated 30-minute question and answer session. “Deep Disruption: How Core Technologies Are Changing Our World & Shaping Current Events”. Behind today’s new products and services are a number of powerful technologies that reinforce one another. The result is massive disruption of industries, social structures and the post-World War II geopolitical institutions. From her days writing code in Silicon Valley, to her leadership in tech-based companies doing business globally, to her support for a brand new scientific discipline, Dr. Robin Burk has been on the cutting-edge of tech-driven change. She earned a Ph.D. Degree in artificial intelligence and information science, taught at West Point for over seven years after the attacks of 9/11, and served as a Chief Scientist at a major R&D organization addressing complex decisions for national security and commercial sectors.
FRIDAY, MARCH 20
• Track Elusive Ancestors Across Borders: Until the late 19th century, thousands of Americans and Canadians lived unrestricted cross-border lives without visas, work permits, passports or immigration records. At the Martin County Genealogical Society’s March meeting, professional genealogist Annette Burke Lyttle will address chaallenges presented by this lack of records and share research methods to track down these elusive ancestors. Free and open to the public, the meeting is 1-3 p.m., Friday, March 20, 2020 at the Robert Morgade Library, 5851 SE Community Drive in Stuart. Light refreshments will be served.
THURSDAY, APRIL 9
• Discussing Diplomacy and Women’s Rights: Join us at at IRSC Vero Beach and Stuart campuses. Lectures at the Mueller Campus in Vero Beach are offered 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.; lectures at the Chastain Campus in Stuart take place 3 to 5 p.m. Doors open 30 minutes prior to the lecture. Lectures last approximately one hour and are followed by a moderated 30-minute question and answer session. “A Year in Western Afghanistan–Discussing Diplomacy and Women’s Rights”. Monique Quesada is the Diplomat in Residence (DIR) based in Miami at Florida International University and Miami Dade College. Ms. Quesada has been a career Foreign Service Officer for the U.S. Department of State since 1988, serving in many countries including France, England, Morocco and Afghanistan. During Quesada’s assignment in Herat, Afghanistan, her mission was to establish a permanent civilian presence in Western Afghanistan by opening a new U.S. Consulate in the area. Her personal goal was to focus on women’s rights issues. Ms. Quesada’s lecture will highlight these experiences, while also addressing obstacles and outcomes along the way.
• Night Explorers Program: Join the Nature Center on the first Friday of every month from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. for some nighttime stargazing at the Hobe Sound National Wildlife Refuge. Following a brief classroom orientation, naturalist Kim Mohlenhoff will lead the group outside along the nature trail to look at the nighttime sky through telescopes. This is a free program and all ages are welcomed. Learn about wildlife at night and how artificial lighting impacts some plant and animal at night. If weather conditions are not conducive to viewing planets, stars, and constellations, the program will be limited classroom activities only. Reservations are Required For further information call the Nature Center at (772) 546-2067. Located at Hobe Sound Nature Center, 13640 SE Federal Hwy, Hobe Sound.
• Under the Stars at Terra Fermata Tiki Bar: Join us every Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. for perormance by Hurricane Hawk & The Invaders. A BluesBerry Jam Hawksye Production Event will be loacted at 26 SE 6 st., Stuart.
• Karaoke and Trivia nights: A Kiss By A Rose Dj's present every Monday through Thursday Trivia is hosted by supporting staff with A Kiss By A Rose DJ's (Steve, Sue, Sean, Randy and Matt). Each venue offers great prizes to the top three placing winners and the best part is, there is no buy-in neccesary. Play for fun, fair and square for everyone with new trivia questions asked weekly to change things up along with a randomly assorted variety of questions from history, movie, music, science and more facts. Test your knowledge with some friends on a night out. Not to stop there, Karaoke is also offered every Friday and on the first and third weekend every Saturday every month. Below are listed Venue locations and times:
Monday- 7p.m. to 9p.m
Shuckers (Jensen Beach)
Tuesday- 7p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hurricanes (Jensen Beach)
Island Root Kava Bar (Stuart)
(Second and Fourth week each Month)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Wednesday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Maya's Mexican Grill (Palsm City)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Applebee's (Port St. Lucie)
Thursday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Saint Lucie Trails Golf Course (Saint Lucie West)
Friday- 9p.m. to 12a.m.
Applebee's (Fort Pierce)
With 14 years of DJ experience we specialize in Weddings, Parties, Trivia, Karaoke, Ceremonies, Benefits and more. We also include uplighting, making for a memorable event with great music and hosts.
• All Talent Tuesdays - Great Entertainment, Open Mic: Every Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 10:15 p.m., all types of musicians, vocalists, poets, and other great performers come to Notes to share their talents! This is a very entertaining evening! Come perform OR just listen, watch and enjoy! Beer & Wine Specials all evening, no cover charge, crowd can sing along and interact, lots of fun. Located at 872 S Colorado Ave, Stuart
• Presenting a new way to enjoy and savor with family and friends: Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa is offering Pizza Classes at Drift Kitchen & Bar on weekends from 2-3 p.m. and 4-5 p.m.
Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa’s Pizza Classes will provide visitors with the opportunity to craft a delicious pizza while learning techniques and using fresh ingredients, including local produce and delicious cheeses. For $24 per person, guests can make, mix and add favorite toppings to a quality pie, and will receive an embroidered Drift Kitchen & Bar apron, along with a copy of the pizza dough recipe. Dates and times of events vary depending on occupancy, so please call (772) 334-1950 for further details.
• Girl Talk At Gilberts: On the second Wednesday of every month at 11:00 a.m. get together for casual networking, meeting, and supporting other women. No elevator speeches, no speakers, and no schedule. Enjoy delicious coffees, teas, smoothies, and snacks at the beautiful Gilbert's Coffee Bar on the St. Lucie River. We meet monthly on the second Wednesday. Gilbert's is located at the marina next door to Sailor's Return. Be sure to take advantage of the complimentary valet service at Sailor's Return. Located at 615 SW Anchorage Way, Stuart.
• Join us at the Sneaki Tiki Restaurant and Bar: Downtown Stuart on the first Sunday of each month starting at high noon for some camaraderie and Code Rum Cocktails featuring the Bloody Pirate, arrrr version of Bloody Mary. "We're gonna change the way you drink!" There will always be LIVE music, this week will feature Brad Brock's One Man Band Show. Everyone attending receives a free raffle ticket for some cool giveaways. Come in pirate garb and receive (one) free rum punch. Courtesy of Code Rum. The Sneaki Tiki will be offering an array of Code cocktails and food specials including Bottomless Bloody Pirates for only $15! They will also be featuring Crab Cakes and Wings specials. We will be hosting some cool, fun, and at times, somewhat embarrassing contests including but not limited to, hula hoop, rum chugging, limbo, talk like a pirate, lip sync battles, air guitar, stand up comedy competition and bartender battles. So come on out, party like a pirate and keep to the code at The Sneaky Tiki.
Plunder responsibly. Don't drink and drive. Live in concert Singer/Songwriter & One Man Band entertainer Brad Brock performs an eclectic mix of original music, top 40 hits, & singer/songwriter classics in his unique one man band style. He plays a variety of instruments simultaneously & sings to create a truly live full band sound. www.bradbrock.com Located at, 211 Colorado Ave, Stuart.
• Live music: Every Friday and Saturday of every month The Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House will be hosting live music starting at 7 p.m. in the Lounge Bar, right on the river!
With regular visits by Brad Brock, Ken Gill, Xander James, Diane Cumberland, Victoria Leigh, Josh Horton, Joel DaSilva, Delta Dave, Abby Owens, and more! Located at 1401 NE Indian River Dr., Jensen Beach, FL, 34957. Search the link to check out our entertainment calendar!
• Road to Victory Military Museum: Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Military Museum presents the Road to Victory Military Museum in Memorial Park in downtown Stuart 319 SE Stypmann Boulevard. Free to attend, but donations are appreciated. 1941 US Army Barracks now housing a military museum filled with military artifacts, weapons, books, uniforms, equipment and vehicles collected as donations from all US involved wars and countries. A not for profit 501(c)3 museum run by volunteers. For more information, call (703) 835-4166 or visit www.facebook.com/roadtovictory.
• Art Market Live - Monthly Pop-up Market & Live Art: Free community event held in conjunction with The Soul Arts Society (found on Facebook). Event takes place at Music Room & Wine Bar located at 872 Colorado Ave., Stuart. Come meet and support local Treasure Coast artists. Browse art for purchase, and see "live art" being made on site! On the third Friday of each month, 5:30 to 8 PM. June 21, July 19, Aug 16, and beyond. Free wine samples for all guests (just ask at the indoor bar). Beer and wine deals all evening. Craft Beers, Wines, Mimosas, Sangrias, Coffees, Cuban Espresso, Pastries and Snacks available for purchase. Live music tarting at 6 PM. The Art Market takes place out in the Wine Garden (unless rain, will move artists inside). You have our deepest appreciation for supporting local visual and performing artists. Shop small and shop local to sustain our small towns and neighborhoods. Notes has been undertaking efforts for the past 2 years to help build an Arts & Entertainment District along Colorado Ave. Your patronage means everything. Thank you! Local art makes a great gift for someone you love.
• Story Time in the Gallery: Fun for the Youngest Readers The Arts Council of Martin County believes you’re never too young to appreciate the arts and has worked to enhance and elevate arts education to residents of all ages since its founding in 1980. Story Time in the Gallery is made possible by PNC Bank’s Arts Alive program and will offer art-themed story time geared preschool children and their families on the last Thursday of each month. Story time at the Court House Cultural Center runs from 10 - 10:30 a.m. Volunteer readers from Bridges Montessori, The Pine School and PNC Bank, among others, select books that celebrate the arts in some way. Selections may involve a beautifully illustrated storybook with the reader explaining the medium used or it could be a ‘learn to count’ book using Van Gogh’s sunflowers. One volunteer discussed the color wheel using books about rainbows. Parent or guardian must accompany the child for the duration of the program and families are encouraged to inger, mingle, and enjoy the exhibit after the Story Time in the Gallery presentation. There is no cost for these special mornings and, although geared for preschoolers, accompanied children of any age are welcome. Don’t miss any of the exciting monthly presentations of Story Time Programs. The Court House Cultural Center is located at 80 S.E. Ocean Boulevard, Stuart. For information, call 772-287-6676 or visit MartinArts.org
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to email@example.com. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.