FRIDAY, JANUARY 10
• Dodgeball Tournament: Dodge, duck, dip, and cover! Show your skills at our middle school and high school dodgeball tournament! The Dodgeball Tournament takes place, Friday, January 10, 2020, at Halpatiokee Regional Park which is located at 8303 Southwest Lost River Road, Stuart, Florida 34997. The event is from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM. An awesome prize will be awarded to the winning team. Sign up as a team of six with individual players names and team names. RSVP to Jordan at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, January 9, 2020.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 14
• Steve Trash: Join us at The Lyric Theatre located at 59 SW Flagler Ave, Stuart from 3 - 6 p.m. Steve Trash loves garbage. The self-proclaimed garbologist and green magician does magic tricks using everyday things people have thrown away. His goal is to entertain with magic tricks and illusions while telling the story of how nature works and how we need to preserve and conserve it. This is an interactive one-hour show that is perfect for the whole family.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 18
• Health & Wealth Show: Join us from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. on Saturday, January 18th at Treasure Coast Square, 3174 NW Federal Hwy, Jensen for our annual Health & Wealth Show. Come get your body & budget in shape for the new year. This show is free and open to the public. Sponsorships and exhibitor spaces are available. Please contact Caitlin at (772) 287-1088 x 112 or by emailing email@example.com.
• Tito Puente, Jr: Join us at The Lyric Theatre, 59 SW Flagler Ave, Stuart from 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Sons of famous fathers take different paths. Some run as far away as they can from their father’s fame and legacy. Others try to emulate it and fail. Some like Tito Puente, Jr., son of the performer known as El Rey, the King, embrace the legacy and work to keep it alive, while making their own kind of music and their own mark.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 25
• Explore the Log Cabin: Come learn about the historic Log Cabin with Mike Bocchino with a presentation and children's workshop on Saturday, January 25 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Log Cabin located in Langford Park at 2369 North Dixie Highway in Jensen Beach. The Children's Construction Workshop will include an interactive log cabin building activity with craft supplies and wooden logs! Also join Historic Preservation Board Chair and Architect Niki Norton for a story time. Light refreshments will be provided. All ages are welcome. This event is free.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 29
• Kevin O LIVE @ Notes Music Room: Kevin O is a Florida native with an East Coast Pop Rock sound. Connecting with his audience through popular covers, Kevin brings energy and positivity to every show. Kevin O is lead singer of the local band Keep it Civil, who’s original music can be found on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube and anywhere else music is available. Located at NOTES Music Room & Wine Bar, 872 Colorado Ave., Stuart, FL.
• Under the Stars at Terra Fermata Tiki Bar: Join us every Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. for perormance by Hurricane Hawk & The Invaders. A BluesBerry Jam Hawksye Production Event will be loacted at 26 SE 6 st., Stuart.
• Karaoke and Trivia nights: A Kiss By A Rose Dj's present every Monday through Thursday Trivia is hosted by supporting staff with A Kiss By A Rose DJ's (Steve, Sue, Sean, Randy and Matt). Each venue offers great prizes to the top three placing winners and the best part is, there is no buy-in neccesary. Play for fun, fair and square for everyone with new trivia questions asked weekly to change things up along with a randomly assorted variety of questions from history, movie, music, science and more facts. Test your knowledge with some friends on a night out. Not to stop there, Karaoke is also offered every Friday and on the first and third weekend every Saturday every month. Below are listed Venue locations and times:
Monday- 7p.m. to 9p.m
Shuckers (Jensen Beach)
Tuesday- 7p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hurricanes (Jensen Beach)
Island Root Kava Bar (Stuart)
(Second and Fourth week each Month)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Wednesday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Maya's Mexican Grill (Palsm City)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Applebee's (Port St. Lucie)
Thursday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Saint Lucie Trails Golf Course (Saint Lucie West)
Friday- 9p.m. to 12a.m.
Applebee's (Fort Pierce)
With 14 years of DJ experience we specialize in Weddings, Parties, Trivia, Karaoke, Ceremonies, Benefits and more. We also include uplighting, making for a memorable event with great music and hosts.
EVERY OTHER TUESDAY
• NOTES Music Room & Wine Bar: Every Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 10:15 p.m., all types of musicians, vocalists, poets, and other great performers come to Notes to share their talents! This is a very entertaining evening! Come perform OR just listen, watch and enjoy! Beer & Wine Specials all evening, no cover charge, crowd can sing along and interact, lots of fun. Located at 872 S Colorado Ave, Stuart
• Presenting a new way to enjoy and savor with family and friends: Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa is offering Pizza Classes at Drift Kitchen & Bar on weekends from 2-3 p.m. and 4-5 p.m.
Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa’s Pizza Classes will provide visitors with the opportunity to craft a delicious pizza while learning techniques and using fresh ingredients, including local produce and delicious cheeses. For $24 per person, guests can make, mix and add favorite toppings to a quality pie, and will receive an embroidered Drift Kitchen & Bar apron, along with a copy of the pizza dough recipe. Dates and times of events vary depending on occupancy, so please call (772) 334-1950 for further details.
• Girl Talk At Gilberts: On the second Wednesday of every month at 11:00 a.m. get together for casual networking, meeting, and supporting other women. No elevator speeches, no speakers, and no schedule. Enjoy delicious coffees, teas, smoothies, and snacks at the beautiful Gilbert's Coffee Bar on the St. Lucie River. We meet monthly on the second Wednesday. Gilbert's is located at the marina next door to Sailor's Return. Be sure to take advantage of the complimentary valet service at Sailor's Return. Located at 615 SW Anchorage Way, Stuart.
• Join us at the Sneaki Tiki Restaurant and Bar: Downtown Stuart on the first Sunday of each month starting at high noon for some camaraderie and Code Rum Cocktails featuring the Bloody Pirate, arrrr version of Bloody Mary. "We're gonna change the way you drink!" There will always be LIVE music, this week will feature Brad Brock's One Man Band Show. Everyone attending receives a free raffle ticket for some cool giveaways. Come in pirate garb and receive (one) free rum punch. Courtesy of Code Rum. The Sneaki Tiki will be offering an array of Code cocktails and food specials including Bottomless Bloody Pirates for only $15! They will also be featuring Crab Cakes and Wings specials. We will be hosting some cool, fun, and at times, somewhat embarrassing contests including but not limited to, hula hoop, rum chugging, limbo, talk like a pirate, lip sync battles, air guitar, stand up comedy competition and bartender battles. So come on out, party like a pirate and keep to the code at The Sneaky Tiki.
Plunder responsibly. Don't drink and drive. Live in concert Singer/Songwriter & One Man Band entertainer Brad Brock performs an eclectic mix of original music, top 40 hits, & singer/songwriter classics in his unique one man band style. He plays a variety of instruments simultaneously & sings to create a truly live full band sound. www.bradbrock.com Located at, 211 Colorado Ave, Stuart.
• Live music: Every Friday and Saturday of every month The Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House will be hosting live music starting at 7 p.m. in the Lounge Bar, right on the river!
With regular visits by Brad Brock, Ken Gill, Xander James, Diane Cumberland, Victoria Leigh, Josh Horton, Joel DaSilva, Delta Dave, Abby Owens, and more! Located at 1401 NE Indian River Dr., Jensen Beach, FL, 34957. Search the link to check out our entertainment calendar!
• Road to Victory Military Museum: Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Military Museum presents the Road to Victory Military Museum in Memorial Park in downtown Stuart 319 SE Stypmann Boulevard. Free to attend, but donations are appreciated. 1941 US Army Barracks now housing a military museum filled with military artifacts, weapons, books, uniforms, equipment and vehicles collected as donations from all US involved wars and countries. A not for profit 501(c)3 museum run by volunteers. For more information, call (703) 835-4166 or visit www.facebook.com/roadtovictory.
• Art Market Live - Monthly Pop-up Market & Live Art: Free community event held in conjunction with The Soul Arts Society (found on Facebook). Event takes place at Music Room & Wine Bar located at 872 Colorado Ave., Stuart. Come meet and support local Treasure Coast artists. Browse art for purchase, and see "live art" being made on site! On the third Friday of each month, 5:30 to 8 PM. June 21, July 19, Aug 16, and beyond. Free wine samples for all guests (just ask at the indoor bar). Beer and wine deals all evening. Craft Beers, Wines, Mimosas, Sangrias, Coffees, Cuban Espresso, Pastries and Snacks available for purchase. Live music tarting at 6 PM. The Art Market takes place out in the Wine Garden (unless rain, will move artists inside). You have our deepest appreciation for supporting local visual and performing artists. Shop small and shop local to sustain our small towns and neighborhoods. Notes has been undertaking efforts for the past 2 years to help build an Arts & Entertainment District along Colorado Ave. Your patronage means everything. Thank you! Local art makes a great gift for someone you love.
• Story Time in the Gallery: Fun for the Youngest Readers The Arts Council of Martin County believes you’re never too young to appreciate the arts and has worked to enhance and elevate arts education to residents of all ages since its founding in 1980. Story Time in the Gallery is made possible by PNC Bank’s Arts Alive program and will offer art-themed story time geared preschool children and their families on the last Thursday of each month. Story time at the Court House Cultural Center runs from 10 - 10:30 a.m. Volunteer readers from Bridges Montessori, The Pine School and PNC Bank, among others, select books that celebrate the arts in some way. Selections may involve a beautifully illustrated storybook with the reader explaining the medium used or it could be a ‘learn to count’ book using Van Gogh’s sunflowers. One volunteer discussed the color wheel using books about rainbows. Parent or guardian must accompany the child for the duration of the program and families are encouraged to inger, mingle, and enjoy the exhibit after the Story Time in the Gallery presentation. There is no cost for these special mornings and, although geared for preschoolers, accompanied children of any age are welcome. Don’t miss any of the exciting monthly presentations of Story Time Programs. The Court House Cultural Center is located at 80 S.E. Ocean Boulevard, Stuart. For information, call 772-287-6676 or visit MartinArts.org
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.