THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5 THROUGH SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8
• The Singing Christmas Tree: The Hobe Sound Singing Tree is a Christmas Season tradition on the Treasure Coast that is full of live entertainment including an orchestra, singing and acting. Join us as the doors open at 6 p.m. Over the years we have had hundreds and thousands of people visit the annual Singing Tree. Make plans this year to join us for another spectacular ministry performance. You will be pleasantly surprised as the Christmas spirit will be in present to all in a very merry way. An experience you will not want to miss. Located at Hobe Sound Bible Church, 11295 SE Gomez Ave, Hobe Sound.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5 THROUGH SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15
• A.C.T. presents “A Tuna Christmas” by Ed Howard, Jaston Williams and Joe Sears Comedy Show: Set in the made-up, tiny town of Tuna, Texas this hilarious play satirizes small-town American life leaving little untouched. The show is a sequel to the original, Greater Tuna, which started off as a comedy sketch by Sears and Williams at a party in 1981. Radio station OKKK news personalities Thurston Wheelis and Arles Struvie report on various Yuletide activities, including the annual lawn-display contest and Joe Bob’s production of “A Christmas Carol,” jeopardized by unpaid electric bills. Many colorful Tuna denizens join in, requiring 22 lightening-speed costume changes (half the fun). Performances Dec. 5 - 15: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 p.m., Sundays at 3:00 p.m. A.C.T. Studio Theatre, Cedar Pointe Plaza, 2399 SE Ocean Blvd., Stuart. Tickets $25. For tickets and information please call (772) 932-8880 or visit actstudiotheatre.com
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7
• Santa Paws Holiday Pooch Plunge: Where: Sailfish Splash Wayerpark, 931 SE Ruhnke Street, Stuart. On the first Saturday of December each year, the Humane Society of the Treasure Coast partners with House of Hope and Sailfish Splash Waterpark to kick-start the holidays with the annual Santa Paws Holiday Pooch Plunge. For a nominal admission fee, dogs of all sizes get to participate in an open swim session at the waterpark before the facility closes for winter. Guests are also welcome to bring an unwrapped gift, which is collected by House of Hope and later distributed to local children in need. In addition to the open swim session for dogs, attendees can partake in pictures with Santa, a Microchip Clinic and a 50/50 raffle while they enjoy cheerful holiday music, savory snacks at the food truck stations and so much more. Tickets are $10 per dog. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8
• Music at the Mansion: Martin County's free music series is back. Invite family, friends, neighbors and everyone you know to come and enjoy a great performance by The Jodi Gaines Band in front of the Indian River Lagoon. Admission to the concert is free and to make a great event even better, we will have free activities for kids. Food and beverages will be available for purchase to satisfy all your cravings. No coolers allowed. From 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. located at Mansion at Tuckahoe’s Amphitheater, 1707 NE Indian River Drive, Jensen Beach.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 12
• Strike up the band: Event occurs from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. At The Lyric Theatre, 59 SW Flagler Ave., Stuart. That’s Canadian Brass, one of the most popular brass ensembles performing today. The group has spent more than four decades bringing the sound and excitement of brass music to audiences around the world with the hallmarks of entertainment, virtuosity, spontaneity and, most of all, fun. Canadian Brass began in 1970, when friends Chuck Daellenbach and Gene Watts came together to form a brass quintet in a chamber music setting. They quickly filled the three remaining chairs and began presenting a full range of music from their trademark Baroque and Dixieland tunes to new compositions and arrangements created especially for them. Masters of concert presentations, they have developed a unique and engaging stage presence and rapport with audiences that allows them to move from formal classical presentations to music served up with a lively dialogue and theatrical effects. Canadian Brass recordings are available at http://www.canadianbrassstore.com. Canadian Brass appears by arrangement with IMG Artists,7 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019. Tel: 212/994-3500. For more information visit https://www.lyrictheatre.com/.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13
• A Peter White Christmas: Every year, Stuart has a White Christmas, or at least A Peter White Christmas as the guitarist, singer and songwriter comes to town with several of his closest friends. This year, Peter White will bring along Euge Groove, Vincent Ingala and Lindsey Webster to put their own special take on the music of the season. It’s a rockin’ good time and the very best way to get the holiday season underway. For more information visit https://www.lyrictheatre.com/ Event occurs from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Located at The Lyric Theatre, 59 SW Flagler Ave., Stuart.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14
• Cleveland Clinic Martin Health presents: Winter Festival at The Landing at Tradition. Join us for a free, fun holiday celebration for the whole family:
• Free Petting Farm
* 2,000 Candy-filled Stockings
• Bounce Houses
• Face Painting
• Games & Prizes
• And many other activities.
Rain date: Sunday, December 15
Sponsored by: 103.7 WQOL, WAVE 92.7, 101.7 Real Radio
Weather permitting. While supplies last. Event subject to change without notice. For more information, email email@example.com
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 17
Rhythm of the Yuletide Dance: It’s flailing feet and fiddles, futuristic dances and homages to history, sensational sound effects, luminous lighting and colorful costumes. It’s Rhythm of the Dance, celebrating 20 years of entertaining audiences in 50 countries from Siberia to Spain. Rhythm of the Dance began as a show put together for a three-week tour of the United States. While the world and Irish champion dancers, traditional musicians and singers have never stopped, producer Kieran Cavanagh has strived to breathe fresh air into the traditionally rooted, authentic production. To that end, the show combines traditional dance and music with the most up-to-date stage technology. The two-hour dance and music extravaganza takes the audience on an exhilarating and exciting energy-packed time trip through the ages. Event occurs at both 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Located at The Lyric Theatre, 59 SW Flagler Avenue, Stuart. For more information visit https://www.lyrictheatre.com/.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 20
• Food Truck and Movie Night: Martin County Parks and Recreation’s Food Truck & Movie Night series is more than an outdoor movie; it’s an experience combining gourmet food trucks with modern and classic films. Fulfill your appetite with a variety of food trucks to choose from at one of our beautiful county parks, Indian RiverSide Park. After having dinner at the park, it is time to relax and enjoy a night under the stars while watching The Grinch (2018) on a 20 ft tall screen! The movie starts at 7 PM. Bring your blankets and lounge chairs to enjoy a night at the movies with your family and friends. There is no charge to watch the movie. Everyone is welcome. Located at 1707 NE Indian River Dr, Jensen Beach.
• Under the Stars at Terra Fermata Tiki Bar: Join us every Thursday from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. for perormance by Hurricane Hawk & The Invaders. A BluesBerry Jam Hawksye Production Event will be loacted at 26 SE 6 st., Stuart.
• Karaoke and Trivia nights: A Kiss By A Rose Dj's present every Monday through Thursday Trivia is hosted by supporting staff with A Kiss By A Rose DJ's (Steve, Sue, Sean, Randy and Matt). Each venue offers great prizes to the top three placing winners and the best part is, there is no buy-in neccesary. Play for fun, fair and square for everyone with new trivia questions asked weekly to change things up along with a randomly assorted variety of questions from history, movie, music, science and more facts. Test your knowledge with some friends on a night out. Not to stop there, Karaoke is also offered every Friday and on the first and third weekend every Saturday every month. Below are listed Venue locations and times:
Monday- 7p.m. to 9p.m
Shuckers (Jensen Beach)
Tuesday- 7p.m. to 9 p.m.
Hurricanes (Jensen Beach)
Island Root Kava Bar (Stuart)
(Second and Fourth week each Month)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Wednesday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Maya's Mexican Grill (Palsm City)
8p.m. To 10p.m.
Applebee's (Port St. Lucie)
Thursday- 7p.m. to 9p.m.
Saint Lucie Trails Golf Course (Saint Lucie West)
Friday- 9p.m. to 12a.m.
Applebee's (Fort Pierce)
With 14 years of DJ experience we specialize in Weddings, Parties, Trivia, Karaoke, Ceremonies, Benefits and more. We also include uplighting, making for a memorable event with great music and hosts.
EVERY OTHER TUESDAY
• NOTES Music Room & Wine Bar: Every Tuesday from 6:30 p.m. to 10:15 p.m., all types of musicians, vocalists, poets, and other great performers come to Notes to share their talents! This is a very entertaining evening! Come perform OR just listen, watch and enjoy! Beer & Wine Specials all evening, no cover charge, crowd can sing along and interact, lots of fun. Located at 872 S Colorado Ave, Stuart
• Presenting a new way to enjoy and savor with family and friends: Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa is offering Pizza Classes at Drift Kitchen & Bar on weekends from 2-3 p.m. and 4-5 p.m.
Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa’s Pizza Classes will provide visitors with the opportunity to craft a delicious pizza while learning techniques and using fresh ingredients, including local produce and delicious cheeses. For $24 per person, guests can make, mix and add favorite toppings to a quality pie, and will receive an embroidered Drift Kitchen & Bar apron, along with a copy of the pizza dough recipe. Dates and times of events vary depending on occupancy, so please call (772) 334-1950 for further details.
• Girl Talk At Gilberts: On the second Wednesday of every month at 11:00 a.m. get together for casual networking, meeting, and supporting other women. No elevator speeches, no speakers, and no schedule. Enjoy delicious coffees, teas, smoothies, and snacks at the beautiful Gilbert's Coffee Bar on the St. Lucie River. We meet monthly on the second Wednesday. Gilbert's is located at the marina next door to Sailor's Return. Be sure to take advantage of the complimentary valet service at Sailor's Return. Located at 615 SW Anchorage Way, Stuart.
• Join us at the Sneaki Tiki Restaurant and Bar: Downtown Stuart on the first Sunday of each month starting at high noon for some camaraderie and Code Rum Cocktails featuring the Bloody Pirate, arrrr version of Bloody Mary. "We're gonna change the way you drink!" There will always be LIVE music, this week will feature Brad Brock's One Man Band Show. Everyone attending receives a free raffle ticket for some cool giveaways. Come in pirate garb and receive (one) free rum punch. Courtesy of Code Rum. The Sneaki Tiki will be offering an array of Code cocktails and food specials including Bottomless Bloody Pirates for only $15! They will also be featuring Crab Cakes and Wings specials. We will be hosting some cool, fun, and at times, somewhat embarrassing contests including but not limited to, hula hoop, rum chugging, limbo, talk like a pirate, lip sync battles, air guitar, stand up comedy competition and bartender battles. So come on out, party like a pirate and keep to the code at The Sneaky Tiki.
Plunder responsibly. Don't drink and drive. Live in concert Singer/Songwriter & One Man Band entertainer Brad Brock performs an eclectic mix of original music, top 40 hits, & singer/songwriter classics in his unique one man band style. He plays a variety of instruments simultaneously & sings to create a truly live full band sound. www.bradbrock.com Located at, 211 Colorado Ave, Stuart.
• Live music: Every Friday and Saturday of every month The Dolphin Bar & Shrimp House will be hosting live music starting at 7 p.m. in the Lounge Bar, right on the river!
With regular visits by Brad Brock, Ken Gill, Xander James, Diane Cumberland, Victoria Leigh, Josh Horton, Joel DaSilva, Delta Dave, Abby Owens, and more! Located at 1401 NE Indian River Dr., Jensen Beach, FL, 34957. Search the link to check out our entertainment calendar!
• Road to Victory Military Museum: Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. The Military Museum presents the Road to Victory Military Museum in Memorial Park in downtown Stuart 319 SE Stypmann Boulevard. Free to attend, but donations are appreciated. 1941 US Army Barracks now housing a military museum filled with military artifacts, weapons, books, uniforms, equipment and vehicles collected as donations from all US involved wars and countries. A not for profit 501(c)3 museum run by volunteers. For more information, call (703) 835-4166 or visit www.facebook.com/roadtovictory.
• Art Market Live - Monthly Pop-up Market & Live Art: Free community event held in conjunction with The Soul Arts Society (found on Facebook). Event takes place at Music Room & Wine Bar located at 872 Colorado Ave., Stuart. Come meet and support local Treasure Coast artists. Browse art for purchase, and see "live art" being made on site! On the third Friday of each month, 5:30 to 8 PM. June 21, July 19, Aug 16, and beyond. Free wine samples for all guests (just ask at the indoor bar). Beer and wine deals all evening. Craft Beers, Wines, Mimosas, Sangrias, Coffees, Cuban Espresso, Pastries and Snacks available for purchase. Live music tarting at 6 PM. The Art Market takes place out in the Wine Garden (unless rain, will move artists inside). You have our deepest appreciation for supporting local visual and performing artists. Shop small and shop local to sustain our small towns and neighborhoods. Notes has been undertaking efforts for the past 2 years to help build an Arts & Entertainment District along Colorado Ave. Your patronage means everything. Thank you! Local art makes a great gift for someone you love.
• Story Time in the Gallery: Fun for the Youngest Readers The Arts Council of Martin County believes you’re never too young to appreciate the arts and has worked to enhance and elevate arts education to residents of all ages since its founding in 1980. Story Time in the Gallery is made possible by PNC Bank’s Arts Alive program and will offer art-themed story time geared preschool children and their families on the last Thursday of each month. Story time at the Court House Cultural Center runs from 10 - 10:30 a.m. Volunteer readers from Bridges Montessori, The Pine School and PNC Bank, among others, select books that celebrate the arts in some way. Selections may involve a beautifully illustrated storybook with the reader explaining the medium used or it could be a ‘learn to count’ book using Van Gogh’s sunflowers. One volunteer discussed the color wheel using books about rainbows. Parent or guardian must accompany the child for the duration of the program and families are encouraged to inger, mingle, and enjoy the exhibit after the Story Time in the Gallery presentation. There is no cost for these special mornings and, although geared for preschoolers, accompanied children of any age are welcome. Don’t miss any of the exciting monthly presentations of Story Time Programs. The Court House Cultural Center is located at 80 S.E. Ocean Boulevard, Stuart. For information, call 772-287-6676 or visit MartinArts.org
If you would like your live entertainment listings carried in the “Out and About” section, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is two Fridays before the event. Email the listings weekly or monthly, if you know who will be appearing that far in advance. This procedure includes all venues providing live entertainment.