FRIDAY, JULY 5 - SATURDAY, JULY 6
FRIDAY, JULY 19 - SATURDAY, JULY 20
• Howl at the Moon Vegas Nights: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will present Howl at the Moon - Vegas Nights on July 7-8, and 19-20 at 7:30 and 8:30 p.m. More than a dueling pianos show, Howl at the Moon is a high-energy music show. Come sing, dance, and howl as the most talented musicians perform your favorite rock, pop, and dance hits from the 80’s, 90’s, and today! Enjoy our exciting Las Vegas-style casino night parties with live entertainment inside and outside the theatre. The authentic casino-style gaming tables are provided for entertainment purposes only. All proceeds will benefit children and family programming at Riverside Theatre. (Must be 18 year or older to play.) Tickets are $12-$22. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 10 - SATURDAY, JULY 13
• Vero Beach International Music Festival Performances: Award-winning bluegrass, Americana, and folk musicians from around the country will gather to perform together in one-of-a-kind collaborations as part of the Vero Beach International Music Festival at First Presbyterian Church, 520 Royal Palm Blvd. The event, part of the Mike Block String Camp, is from July 10-13. Three public performances are held in McAffee Hall in the Center for Christian Life at the church. Admission is free; a suggested $20 donation will benefit the Mike Block String Camp Scholarship fund.
Main stage performances will be held Wednesday, July 10, and Friday, July 12, both at 7:30pm. Musical styles featured are Americana, Bluegrass, Brazilian, Celtic, Folk, Jazz, Pop, Rock, World Music, and more. "Main Stage performers include multiple Grammy Award winners and nominees, as well as advanced students from around the world. Most of this years performers have appeared in past years, except for R&B and Jazz musician Mazz Swift, who will be joining us for the first time!, said the camps founder and director, internationally acclaimed and award-winning cellist Mike Block. Be on the lookout for Darol Anger, Trina Basu, Zach Brock, Melissa Brun, Hanneke Cassel, Colin Cotter, Joe Craven, Natalie Haas, Kimber Ludiker, Taylor Morris, Arun Ramamurthy, Lauren Rioux, Joe K. Walsh, and Mazz Swift. Be sure to arrive early to get a seat. Last years concerts were standing-room-only by 7:00pm.
The final performance of the Festival will feature student musicians from the Mike Block String Camp and a barn dance. It will be held Saturday, July 13, at 3:00pm. The Mike Block String Camp offers education for string players of all ages and backgrounds in non-Classical traditions and contemporary musical styles, with emphasis on learning by ear, creativity, collaboration, and performance.
For more information, please visit their website or contact Jacob Craig, Director of Music and Arts at First Presbyterian, at (772) 562-9088 or email@example.com.
FRIDAY, JULY 12 - SATURDAY, JULY 13
• Comedy Zone - Vegas Nights: Friday July 12,through Saturday July 13, at the Riverside Theatre located at 3250 Riverside Park Dr. Patrons are invited to our exciting Las Vegas-style casino night parties with live entertainment inside and outside the theatre. Play a game of chance at the blackjack and craps tables, or get a lucky hand at Caribbean poker. Play with our funny money and then cash in your winnings for a chance to win some great prizes. Comedians are: John Carfi and Cam Bertrand. Free outdoor concerts are held in the Live In The Loop on Comedy Zone weekends. The authentic casino-style gaming tables are provided for entertainment purposes only. All proceeds will benefit children and family programming at Riverside Theatre. (Must be 18 year or older to play.) Price: $12-$18 and times may vary.
SATURDAY, JULY 13 and SATURDAY, JULY 27
• Following the phenomenal “Andrea Bocelli Tribute” by Franco Corso: The Vero Beach Italian American Civic Association invites everyone to these Sensational Summer Events at lower Summer Prices for Singles & Couples $15. Members & $20.Non-members
Saturday, July 13, join us from 6pm to 9:30pm. Returning by Popular Demand “Daniela Martino." Exceptionally talented, Daniela will make you feel like you’re in Italy and around the world. Saturday, July 27, from 6pm to 9:30pm join us for a Dinner,Dance & Karaoke with the Dynamic Patty Hills “The Queen of Karaoke." Laudable American Country-Western Entertainer, Patty Hills can make anyone’s feet DANCE with her vast repertoir of songs and special karaoke music. Don’t miss these exceptional performance with dinner at lowest summer price. Reservation required. For more information visit: www.VeroBeachItalianClub.Com Email: DrMiele@aol.com Call for Reservation: (772) 778-1522 Located at, 1600 25th Street, Vero Beach, Florida
FRIDAY, JULY 19 - SATURDAY, JULY 20
• Riverside Theater's Education: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will host a performance adapted from the celebrated book by Roald Dahl, Matilda, a musical about a little girl with telekinesis that overcomes life’s obstacles to help her teacher. The event will take place on Friday, July 19 at 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. and Saturday, July 20 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets are $10. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
FRIDAY, JULY 26
• Riverside Theater's Education: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will host a performance, Rascals Revue, showcasing our stars with this revue starring young performers and featuring hits from various Broadway shows. The event will take place on Friday, July 26 at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets are $10. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
FRIDAY, AUG. 2 - SATURDAY, AUG. 31
• Howl at the Moon at Riverside: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will present Howl at the Moon on August 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, and 30-31 at 7:30 and 8:30 p.m. More than a dueling pianos show, Howl at the Moon is a high-energy music show. Come sing, dance, and howl as the most talented musicians perform your favorite rock, pop, and dance hits from the 80’s, 90’s, and today! Local musicians will continue to perform on our outdoor stage between Howl performances. Tickets are $12-$22. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 3
• RT Star’s Back To School Party: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will present, in Partnership with the Education Foundation of Indian River County, this celebration of the performing arts will include performances for kids and by kids with interactive displays to get children ready for school. The event will take place on Saturday, August 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
• Riverside Dance Festival: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will present to the public a showcase of a two-week dance intensive study by the children’s theatre students and professional instructors from Dimensions Dance Company of Miami. The event will take place on Saturday, August 3 at 2 p.m. For more information, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
FRIDAY, AUG. 9 - 10
FRIDAY, AUG. 23 - 24
• Comedy Zone at Riverside: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will host The Comedy Zone Experience on Friday, Aug. 9-10, and Aug. 23-24 at 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. Riverside’s showcase of professional comedians touring the comedy circuit takes the Waxlax Stage. Comedians are yet to be determined. Tickets for comedian showcase are $12 - $18. Free music at the Live in the Loop outdoor stage. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 13 - SATURDAY, SEPT 28
• Howl at the Moon at Riverside: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will present Howl at the Moon on Sept., 13-14 and 27-28 at 7:30 and 8:30 p.m. More than a dueling pianos show, Howl at the Moon is a high-energy music show. Come sing, dance, and howl as the most talented musicians perform your favorite rock, pop, and dance hits from the 80’s, 90’s, and today! Local musicians will continue to perform on our outdoor stage between Howl performances. Tickets are $12-$22. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
FRIDAY, SEPT. 9 - 10
FRIDAY, SEPT. 20 - 21
• Comedy Zone at Riverside: The Riverside Theatre, located at 3250 Riverside Park Drive in Vero Beach will host The Comedy Zone Experience on Sept. 9-10 and 20-21 at 7:30 and 9:30 p.m. Riverside’s showcase of professional comedians touring the comedy circuit takes the Waxlax Stage. Comedians are yet to be determined. Tickets for comedian showcase are $12 - $18. Free music at the Live in the Loop outdoor stage. For more information or ticket purchases, call 772-231-5860 or visit www.riversidetheatre.com.
• The Sebastian Old Boys Welcoming New Players: Join us Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 8:00a.m. to 11:30a.m. Batting practice is conducted followed by two 7-inning games each day. The games are pick-up games with teams picked from players who show up that day. The age bracket is 50 and over and all skill levels are welcomed although some history of playing helps. The field is located at 1115 Barber St; Sebastian, Florida 32958 (Barber street sports complex). Turn South on Barber Street and go a quarter mile and the park with 4 fields is on the right. For more information Contact Bob Martin at 772-766-1589.
•Trolley Historical Tours, Sponsored by Piper Aircraft: On the first Saturday of every month from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The narrated free tour (by microphone) will go from Downtown Historical areas to Piper Aircraft, Vero Beach Regional Airport, Historic Dodgertown, 43rd Avenue to 16th Street school area, McKee, Miracle Mile/Young Park on the mainland, and Beachside historic references with several stops along the way. These will include: Airport, Memorial Island, VB Museum of Art, the marina, dog park, and the rowing club area. Held the first Saturday of every month beginning on Saturday, January 5, through Saturday, October 5. Maximum of 20 people per tour and reservations are needed by calling the City Clerk office by 3pm on Friday the day before the tour: 772-978-4700. Located at Indian River County Chamber of Commerce, 1216 21st St, Vero Beach.
•Sewing Club Meets: The Florida Sewing Sew-Ciety [FSS] is a non-profit organization that welcomes all sewists - garment construction, quilters, home decor - with a focus on skill building and hands-on sewing at all levels: novice to experienced. The Vero Beach Chapter meets the third Monday of every month, year-round, at the St. Augustine Episcopal Church located at 475 43rd Avenue in Vero Beach at 9:30 a.m Join them to share and learn through our educational programs. The love of sewing is our common thread! For more information, contact Maryann at firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan at 772-567-6595 for further information.
• Craft Club of Sebastian: Artists and crafters from Brevard, Indian River, Martin and St. Lucie counties are welcome. Meets September through April on the third Thursday of each month from 2-3 p.m. at the North Indian River County Library on County Road 512 in Sebastian. For more information, visit www.sebastiancraftclub.com/
• Third Thursday dances: 7-10 p.m. on the third Thursday each month, all year, at Vero's Heritage Center, 2140 14th Ave. Sponsored by USA Dance. General fee is $10 per person. Singles, couples, all levels of dance ability welcome, with dressy/casual attire. Different popular ballroom dance style and theme each month. Group class with a professional instructor starts at 7 p.m.; social dancing follows. For more information, visit www.verodance.org.
• Sebastian Area Historical Museum is dedicated to preserving and displaying the history of the area with exhibits and artifacts from the Ais Indians, Pelican Island, Clothing, Family Life, Quilts, Fishing, Agriculture, and Early Transportation. The museum is located at 1235 Main Street, City Hall Complex, Sebastian and is open Tuesday thru Thursday and the 1st. and 3rd Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Admission is free and the reference library is open by appointment. Call (772) 581-1380.
• Sunset Saturday night cruises: Oceanside Business Association of Vero Beach’s sunset Saturday cruises on the second Saturday of the month located on the corner of Ocean Drive and Dahlia Lane. For more information, visit www.VeroBeachOBA.com.
• Indian River Civic Association and the Florida Irish-American Society are conducting a food drive to benefit a local Veteran’s Group Home. Every Wednesday at noon the Irish Club, located at 1314 20th Street in Vero Beach, invites the public for a home-made lunch and dessert while listening to the big band sound of a local senior musical group. All ages are invited, and the cost is $7, no reservation required. Please bring a non-perishable food item. Every month the IRCA distributes this food, along with fresh meat to the veterans. For more information, call (772) 913-1196 or (772) 569-1460.
• Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge: Call the refuge at (772) 562-3909, Ext. 275, or visit fws.gov/pelicanisland/events
• Italian-American War Veterans, Post No. 3 and Women’s Auxiliary, located at 2500 15th Ave., Vero Beach, holds business meetings at 7 p.m., on the second Wednesday of each month. Social meetings are held at 6 p.m., on the fourth Wednesday of the month. New members welcome. For information, call (772) 231-5673 or (772) 770-2558.
• Vero Beach Railroad Station in downtown Vero Beach was originally built in 1903. It is on the National Register of Historic Places, and is open Tuesday from 10 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., and Wednesday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Visitors can tour the exhibit center and get a glimpse of local history from prehistoric times through World War II. There is a model train display that offers panoramic views of historical sites in Indian River County. The railroad station is located at 2336 14th Ave., Vero Beach. For more information, call (772) 778-3435.
• Indian River County Historical Society preserves the artifacts, sites and structures related to Indian River County heritage and offers maps and directions to sites of historic interest throughout the county. The society is housed in a 1903 Vero Beach Train Station, located at 2336 14th Ave., Vero Beach, and is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. For more information, call (772) 778-3435.
• The Heritage Bluegrass Band performs every Tuesday night, from 7:30-10 p.m. There is no admission charge and donations are appreciated. Light refreshments are available. The Heritage Center is located at 2140 14th Ave., Vero Beach.
• Guided kayak tours: Visitors paddle along the Indian River Lagoon and enjoy nature at its tropical best. Experience the thrill of close encounters with dolphins, manatees and exotic birds. The guide is a master naturalist and U.S. Coast Guard captain. Cost is $47 each for a 2-1/2 hour tour. Reservations are required. Space is limited to 12 participants. For more information call (772) 234-3436.
• Indian River Citrus Museum tells the story and preserves the artifacts, photographs and memorabilia of the pioneers who established the most distinguished citrus fruit in the world. Open Tuesday through Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m., in the Heritage Center, 2140 14th Ave., Vero Beach. For more information call (772) 770-2263.
• McKee Botanical Garden is an 18-acre botanical garden listed on the National Register of Historic Places and endorsed by the Garden Conservancy. This Florida hammock offers a diverse botanical collection, as well as several restored architectural treasures, the hall of giants and Spanish kitchen. Self-guided tours are available Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sunday from noon-5 p.m. It is closed Mondays and major holidays. Admission is $9 for adults, $8 for seniors and $5 for children. It is located at 350 U.S. 1, Vero Beach. It also has a gift shop, library and café. For more information, call (772) 794-0601 or www.mckeegarden.org.
• McLarty Treasure Museum features treasures discovered from ancient Spanish ships wrecked in 1715, off of Indian River County’s coast. Open seven days a week from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is $1 for ages 6 and older. Located at 13180 A1A, Vero Beach, north of County Road 510. For more information, call (772) 589-2147.
• Environmental Learning Center: An elevated boardwalk creates a trail through a mangrove forest, butterfly garden, native plant garden, wet labs and more. Also there are canoe tours, workshops and other activities. It’s open daily, with one-hour tours offered throughout the week. There is no admission charge. Visitors can also see the Florida cracker-style home of poet Laura Riding Jackson on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon. The center is located at 255 Live Oak Drive, Vero Beach, south of the Wabasso Bridge. For more information call (772) 589-5050 or visit www.elcweb.org.
• ORCA: Enjoy the Oslo Riverfront Conservation Area, 350 acres along the Indian River Lagoon in southern Indian River County. The trail system takes you through a variety of distinct natural communities. A canopy of live oaks, orchids, wild coffee bushes, mangrove wetlands and wildlife are part of the experience. There is a bird watching observation platform and tower and the “awesome pine,” the largest slash pine tree in the world. Park is open daily from dawn to dusk, with weekly and monthly guided nature walks. There is no admission charge. For more information, call (772) 778-7200, Ext. 173.
• St. Sebastian River buffer preserve: Hiking, jogging, walking and nature study are permitted throughout the preserve, except in areas posted as closed or restricted. Access point is off County Road 512, just west of Sebastian Middle School. The preserve is open for daily use only, except for overnight camping by permit. Horseback riding is allowed on Wednesday. Contact the preserve office to make camping reservations and obtain a permit at (321) 953-5004.
• Environmental viewing area gives a close-up view of manatees and other wildlife during the winter months. Limited parking is available; see signage. It is west of the Vero Beach Municipal Power Plant on Indian River Boulevard, near the 17th Street Bridge, in Vero Beach.
• Artists Guild Gallery, 1974 14th Ave., Vero Beach. Call (772) 299-1234 or visit www.artistsguildgalleryverobeach.com.
• The Gallery at Windsor, 10680 Belvedere Square, Vero Beach. By appointment only. (772) 388-4071.
• Gallery 14, 1911 14th Ave., Vero Beach. (772) 562-5525.
• The Laughing Dog Gallery, 2910 Cardinal Drive, Vero Beach. Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday. (772) 234-6711
• Tiger Lily Art Studios and Gallery, 1903 14th Ave., Vero Beach. (772) 778-3443.
• Vero Beach Museum of Art features exhibitions of international, national and state importance are shown throughout the year in four galleries. The museum also houses a gift shop store and is the largest teaching museum school in Florida. It is located at 3001 Riverside Park Drive, Vero Beach. For more information, call (772) 231-0707
BARS AND CLUBS
• Capt. Hiram’s Resort, 1580 U.S. 1, Sebastian. For a look at the full entertainment lineup, visit www.hirams.com. (772) 589-4345
• Earl’s Hideaway Lounge and Tiki Bar, 1405 Indian River Drive, Sebastian. Live Delta Blues music Tuesday nights by Ernie Southern. (772) 589-5700, (772) 388-2597 or www.earlshideaway.com.
• J.J. Manning’s Irish Pub, Wednesday night, wine and bingo night at 7 p.m.; Thursday, pub quiz night at 7 p.m. 740 S. Fleming St., Sebastian. (772) 589-1238. www.jjmanningirishpub.com
• Kelley’s Irish Pub, 484 21st St., B, Vero Beach, Friday night sing-along in the piano bar. (772) 567-3838.
• Kilted Mermaid, 1937 Old Dixie Highway Vero Beach. Open Tuesday-Saturday, 5 p.m.-1 a.m. Wednesday, open mic jam session; Thursday, trivia with Jason; Friday, live music; Saturday, live music. Call (772) 569-5533.
• Long Branch Saloon, 2199 Seventh Ave., Vero Beach. (772) 569-4075.
• Marsh Landing, 44 N. Broadway St., Fellsmere: Bluegrass jam every Thursday night from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Call for other entertainment schedules. (772) 571-8622.
• Riverside Cafe, 1 Beachland Blvd., Vero Beach, Live entertainment. (772) 234-5550.
• Tropical Inn Resort LGBT Brevard's Premier Gay & Lesbian Resort. Friday’s female impersonator show; $15 includes two drinks. Seating starts at 8 p.m. Show starts at 9 p.m. Call for reservations. Saturday’s Tiki Bar Poolside 2-10 p.m. Live performances and DJ JAM Masters. Sunday’s, tiki bar poolside noon-10 p.m. T-dance, 4-8 p.m. Live performances and DJ JAM Master. The resort is located at 4700 Dixie Highway N.E. Palm Bay. For more information, call (321) 951-0350.
To have your upcoming event listed here, email email@example.com.