Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
FRIDAY JUNE 11
• Pelican Island Audubon Society Summer Camps: Give your child a summer of outdoor adventure, exploration, and education at Pelican Island Audubon Society’s summer camp! We are offering four week long camp sessions on June 14-18, June 21-25 and July 26-30 for children aged 10-17.
The camp is held at Audubon House, 195 9th St. SE (Oslo Road), in Vero Beach.
The cost is $200 per week.
For sibling and/or additional weeks are $185. Space is not guaranteed until full payment is made, and confirmation is received. Limited scholarships are available.
Please contact the Audubon office at 772-567-3520. Space is limited to eight children per session. Activities include kayaking, wildlife & plant identification, outdoor adventures, hiking, science education, and more!
Register online at - www.PelicanIslandAudubon.com.
Payment can be made online via credit card or contact the Audubon office at 772-567-3520 for alternative payment options (check or cash).
SATURDAY JUNE 12
• Professor Pennygoode's Might Flea Circus: Swing, rockabilly, jump blues, hear it all played by Professor Pennygoode's Might Flea Circus at the Walking Tree Brewery in Vero Beach on Saturday June 12 from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Learn more at - https://www.walkingtreebrewery.com/happenings.
The Walking Tree Brewery is located at 3209 Dodger Road in Vero Beach.
MONDAY JUNE 14 through SATURDAY JUNE 27
• Drama is Fun at VBHS Summer Camp: Sign up for the 2021 Vero Beach High School summer camp.
Eligible campers are those entering 2nd grade to students entering 9th grade in the fall. Students from any county are eligible to sign up.
Register here - https://bit.ly/3t84XZl.
Students will learn a full musical, with music and full orchestra, lights, sound, costumes, and set.
The counselors run the show technically while the campers perform in the show.
This year's show is Madagascar JR. The camp dates are June 14-25.
Performances will be June 25 and 26 at 7:30 p.m.
SATURDAY JUNE 19
• Waterlily Celebration: The McKee Botanical Gardens hosts the 16th Annual Waterlily Celebration on Saturday June 19 from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Garden is open early to allow visitors to take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the night-blooming varieties before they retreat for the day and of course to enjoy the day-blooming varieties as well.
McKee’s waterlily collection is one of the state’s largest with over 80 varieties and more than 300 potted and 100 free-range plants.
Guests can purchase aquatic plants and bromeliads and observe a waterlily re-potting demonstration in addition to having the opportunity to speak with our plant experts.
Admission: $15 Adults, $13 Seniors (65+)/Youth (13-17), $10 Children (2-12). McKee members and children under 2 free.
Children’s Garden is open from 10 am – 4:30 pm Tuesday – Saturday and Sunday, noon – 4:30 pm.
Learn more at - https://mckeegarden.org/class/16th-annual-waterlily-celebration/.
The McKee Botanical Gardens is located at 350 US Highway 1 in Vero Beach.
• Country Inferno: Country music super star Mark Chesnutt along with several other artists will perform at the 'Country Inferno' on June 19 at the Indian River County Fairgrounds.
The 'Country Inferno' is an all-day country music festival presented by the firefighters of Indian River County.
Gates open at 11 a.m. The music starts at 12:30 p.m. and Mark Chesnutt will take the stage at 7 p.m.
Among the other acts that will appear are King Tide, Pryor & Lee, Kurt Stevens, Whiskey Trip and Randy McNeeley.
Ticket prices: General Admission- $40; Gold-$100; Platinum VIP treatment- $200.
Day-long and overnight camping permits are available for RV and campers.
Purchase tickets for the concert or a camping permit at - www.CountryInferno.com.
FRIDAY JUNE 21 - JUNE 25
• Summer Kids Camp at BigShots Golf: Have you signed your LittleShot up for our Summer Kids Camps yet? If not there’s still time to register and let your kiddo (age 7-12) learn from our experts! These are weekly camp sessions that began Monday June 7. The next camps starts on Monday June 21 through the 25. Then 2 more camps in July from July 12th to the 16th, and from July 26th to the 30th.
Learn more at - https://verobigshots.com/ or call (772) 979-4653.
BigShots Golf is located at 3456 U.S. 1 in Vero Beach.
THROUGH JULY 1
• The Human Element Exhibit: Come visit the Emerson Center in Vero Beach to see the latest Art at the Emerson exhibit - The Human Element.
It featuring local artists and photographers who have captured the mysterious expressions of the human body.
The exhibit will be on display through July 1.
Learn more at - https://artattheemerson.com/the-human-element-june-july.
The Emerson Center is located at 1590 27th Ave. in Vero Beach.
SATURDAY JULY 10
• NBHA FL03 District Show: The Indian River Riding Club will host The National Barrel Horse Association FL03 District Show from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday July 10. Exhibition: 5 p.m.; Show: 7 p.m.; $300 ADDED; Fees: Open $35; Youth $30; Senior $10; Non-Member Fee $10. The Indian River Riding Club is located at 6250 37th St. in Vero Beach. Learn more at - https://www.nbhafl03.com/shows/.
WEDNESDAY JULY 14
• One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Tickets are on sale now for the Vero Beach Theatre Guild's production of One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest. It opens on July 14 and runs through July 25.
The show runs from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
The box office is open Mondays through Fridays, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and one hour before show times.
The Vero Beach Theatre Guild is located at 2020 San Juan Ave., Vero Beach.
• Vero Beach Farmers Market: The Farmers Market Oceanside Vero Beach is open weekly every Saturday from 8-Noon on Ocean Drive at Humiston Park.
The Market's mission is to provide healthy, fresh foods and horticultural products to the patrons of our market. You will find a great selection of produce, citrus, seafood, fresh breads, pastries, botanicals, locally grown landscape plants, honey, spices, healthy drinks, homemade dog treats and more. Local musicians also perform adding to the friendly atmosphere!
We also wish to encourage our shoppers to visit Vero's unique beachside shopping district and delicious restaurants nearby, many are within walking distance of the market.
The Farmers Market Oceanside is pet-friendly, but all animals must be on a leash at all times.
Learn More at - https://www.verobeachoba.com/farmers-market.
• Twilight Night Shoots are back!: Night shooting on Thursdays is back at the Indian River County Public Shooting Range by popular demand.
The range will be open again from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. on Thursdays going forward.
The IRC Shooting Range is located at 10455 102nd Ter in Sebastian.
Questions? - contact Jerry Seldes at (772) 226-3096.
• Capt's Karaoke: Join us at Capt Hiram's Resort for karaoke from Good Times Entertainment! Every Sunday at 6 p.m. on the Tiki Stage. Capt Hiram's Resort is located at 1580 US Highway 1 in Sebastian. Learn more at - https://www.facebook.com/CaptHiramsResort or call (772) 388-8588.
• Motown Tuesdays: Curtis Hill aka Mr. Motown performs every Tuesday at Cobalt starting at 6 p.m. $5 beers, $8 wines, & $10 martinis. Learn more at - https://cobaltrestaurant.com/about or call (772) 469-1060. Cobalt is located at 3500 Ocean Drive in Vero Beach.
• Family Fun at Countryside Family Farms!: Children’s activities, outdoor market, farm attractions for kids including kiddie train, mower-go-round, jump pillow, rat rollers and barnyard ball zone, plus lunch offerings from El Sid Taco Trailer, ice cream, slushies, and more! Hours vary for each week’s special activity, so visit - www.CountrysideFamilyFarms.com for all the details!
Countryside Family Farms is located at 6325 81st Street in Vero Beach. Admission is Free. However to access The Jump Pillow, Orange Blossom Express, Rat Rollers, Barnyard Ball Games, Corn Hole, Air Cannon, and Mower-Go-Round purchase a $5 Fun Pass which is good from 10 - 2 p.m.
• First Friday Gallery Stroll - Downtown Vero Beach: Galleries and businesses in historic downtown Vero Beach participate in the First Friday Gallery Stroll held from 5 to 8 p.m. on the first Friday of every month. The stroll takes place along 14th Avenue from 19th Street to 23rd Street and the surrounding area. Both galleries and select businesses exhibit new artwork each month in a lively gallery reception atmosphere.
Learn more at - https://www.mainstreetverobeach.org/gallery-stroll/.