Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
FRIDAY FEB. 12
• Murder Mystery Night: "Murder is Brewing at the VBO" is a go! Local beers paired with Counter Culture cuisine and a 'Who done it?' How much fun is that? It's happening on Friday Feb. 12th from 6-8:30 p.m. at Vero Beach Outlet 1824 94th Dr.in Vero Beach. All proceeds raised go to the Sunrise Rotary of Vero Beach club to donate back to the community. Get your tickets now! Only 100 ticketholders will be allowed to attend. Tickets are available at the Vero Beach Chamber of Commerce on 14th Ave., Marine Bank on US 1, or at Guest Services at the Outlet Mall.
• Tiki Bar & Grill: 'Last Call' is back in Sebastian with country hits and rock classics!! Swing by the Tiki Bar & Grill on Friday Feb. 12 from 7-11 p.m. to hear 'Last Call'! The Tiki Bar & Grill is located at 1130 Indian River Drive in Sebastian.
SATURDAY FEB. 13
• Asbury Shorts: New York City’s longest-running short film exhibition celebrates its 40h Anniversary year with two shows on February 13 at The Vero Beach Museum of Art in Vero Beach. This short film “concert” will have two showing at 1:30 p.m. or 7 p.m. Asbury Shorts concert director Doug LeClaire will serve as host of the event, which will take place in two theaters inside the Museum with socially distanced seating.
The Asbury Short Film Concerts are recommended for ages 16 and above.
Academy Award-nominated director Jason Reitman (JUNO up in the Air, Thank You for Smoking, Young Adult) calls Asbury Shorts: “The best short film show I’ve ever seen.” The fast-paced, highly entertaining showcase features the best in short film comedy, drama, and outstanding animation.
Pre-registration is required. Socially distanced seating in Leonhard Auditorium, Holmes Great Hall, or via streaming format. Asbury Shorts will be offered in an online, streaming format for viewing in the comfort of your home. Watch on your computer or tv with Roku, Apple tv, Amazon fire stick, and Google Chromecast.
Tickets are $25. For ticket reservations: www.verobeachmuseum.org (Click on “Programs.”) or call (772) 231-0707.
SUNDAY FEB. 14
• The Great American Songbook: Jeff Shadley returns to Florida for a Valentine's Weekend Treat. The Tulsa vocalist, trumpeter and band leader will join members of the Space Coast Symphony Orchestra to perform some of the classics from the Great American Songbook. Space Coast Symphony Orchestra Artistic Director Aaron Collins along with Shadley have put together a Valentine's Day treat for jazz lovers. The concert promises to swing, with Shadley leading the party on a journey through a century of America's greatest music by George and Ira Gershwin, Cole Porter, Harold Arlen, Johnny Mercer, Jimmy Van Heusen, Dean Martin, and Frank Sinatra. The performance will be held at 3 p.m. on Sunday Feb 14 at The Emerson Center in Vero Beach. Tickets are $30 in advance and are available online or in person at Marine Bank & Trust. Tickets at the door are $35. Online tickets are available here > http://bit.ly/3pTqXGv. Concertgoers aged 18 and under or with a college ID are admitted free to every SCSO concert. For more information about the Space Coast Symphony's 2020-21 Season, and to view Covid-19 protocols for each performance, visit SpaceCoastSymphony.org or call toll-free (855) 252-7276. The Emerson Center is located at 1590 27th Ave in Vero Beach.
• The Blues at Earl's: Live bands are back at Earl's Hide Away in Sebastian every Saturday at 2 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and on Sunday at 2 p.m. This Sunday Feb. 14 hear the blues played by Biscuit Miller. He is an electric blues bassist, singer, and songwriter. He writes most of his own material and has released three albums to date. In 2012 and 2017, Miller won a Blues Music Award in the ‘Instrumentalist - Bass’ category. Earl’s Hideaway and Tiki Bar is located at 1405 Indian River Drive in Sebastian. Learn more at www.earlshideaway.com or call (772) 589-5700.
FRIDAY FEB. 19
• Ladies Night Out: Who needs a night out?! Lets sip & paint! Enjoy a glass of Prosecco and paint a platter! Come to the Painted Frog at 7 p.m. on Friday night Feb. 19. We provide design ideas & stencils for you to make it your own. The cost is $35. Bring your favorite beverage as well & let’s have some fun! Call (772) 999-3763 to RSVP or register online @ www.paintedfrogvb.com. The painted frog is located at 1906 14th Ave in Vero Beach.
SUNDAY FEB. 21
• The Blues at Earl's: Live bands are back at Earl's Hide Away in Sebastian. Come hear The Jeremiah Johnson Band Sunday Feb. 21 at 2 p.m. They're a blues group from St. Louis Missouri. Guitarist Jeremiah Johnson is the voice of the Mississippi River blues. Born and raised in St. Louis Jeremiah began playing guitar at age 6 drawing on the rich musical traditions of St. Louis. Earl’s Hideaway and Tiki Bar is located at 1405 Indian River Drive in Sebastian. Learn more at www.earlshideaway.com or call (772)589-5700.
WEDNESDAY FEB. 24
• Fashion Meets Art: The Vero Beach Museum of Art (VBMA) presents Kim Alexis, in person, at their fourth annual Fashion Meets Art (FMA) fundraising event on Wednesday, February 24th, at 4 p.m. Kim Alexis is part of an elite team of models who rose to “supermodel” status in the 1980’s. She is a lifestyle expert for women 40+. Kim appeared on over 500 magazine covers worldwide including Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar and Cosmopolitan and set the cover record for Glamour magazine. In 1983 Kim replaced Lauren Hutton as the face of Revlon’s Ultima II brand and became one of the most recognizable faces in America. Kim understands the demands on the modern woman and the importance of reimagining, reinventing and remodeling your life for what’s next. For more than 40 years Kim has been a student and teacher of living your best life through healthy diet, exercise, a clean beauty regimen, and mind, body and spiritual wellness. Because of her relatable woman-next-door, down-to-earth demeanor, Kim has built rapport with and has gained the trust of millions of women around the world.
Please join FMA Co-Chairs Melinda Cooper & Karen Loeffler for an inspiring afternoon on February 24th, 2021 at 4 p.m. at the VBMA! The Vero Beach Museum of Art is located at 3001 River Park Drive in Vero Beach. Tickets are $150. To purchase tickets, go to > vbmuseum.org/FMA2021 or call Jody Zwergel at (772) 231_0707, ext. 111
FRIDAY FEB. 26
• Glass Fusion Workshop: Create your own glass design at The Painted Frog! The ideas are endless! It is a FUN night out for adults or pre-teens/teens 12 & up. The Glass Fusion Workshop begins at 7 p.m. on Friday Feb. 26. The cost is $35. Call to RSVP (772) 999-3763 or register online www.paintedfrogvb.com. The painted frog is located at 1906 14th Ave in Vero Beach.
FRIDAY MARCH 19
• Stephen Marley Acoustic Soul: The Stephen Marley Acoustic Soul Tour will be live at Filthy's Fine Cocktails & Beer in Vero Beach on Friday March 19 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Stephen Robert Nesta Marley is a Jamaican-American musician who is the son of Bob Marley and his wife Rita Marley. Tickets are $26. Purchase tickets here > http://bit.ly/3r5OTGK. Filthy's Fine Cocktails & Beer is located at 1238 16th Street in Vero Beach.
• Capt's Karaoke: Join us at Capt Hirams Resort for karaoke from Good Times Entertainment! Every Sunday at 6 p.m. on the Tiki Stage. Capt Hiram's Resort is located at 1580 US Highway 1 in Sebastian. Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/CaptHiramsResort or call (772) 388-8588.
• Nature Connects at McKee Botanical Garden: Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects® Made with LEGO® Bricks is an award-winning and record-breaking exhibition that uses beautiful works of art made from simple toy blocks to explore animal endangerment, the balance of ecosystems, and mankind’s relationship with nature. This beautiful, inspirational exploration of art and nature open in November and can be seen at the McKee Botanical Garden through April 25, 2021.
Produced by Imagine Exhibitions, Nature Connects presents a playful spin on traditional sculptural art—making it accessible to guests of all ages and backgrounds. The narratives, along with the intricate displays, also explore the importance of conservation, the balance of ecosystems, predator/prey relationships, as well as the relationships between humankind and the natural world.
Come explore the beauty and wonder of Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects Made with LEGO® Bricks, open Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sunday Noon – 5 p.m. The last admission ticket is sold at 4 p.m. Admission: $15 Adults, $13 Seniors (65+)/Youth (13-17), $10 Children (2-12). McKee members and children under 2 free. Tickets are available to purchase at McKee Botanical Garden and at www.mckeegarden.org. The McKee Botanical Garden is located at 350 US Highway 1 in Vero Beach.
• Motown Tuesdays: Curtis Hill aka Mr. Motown performs every Tuesday at Cobalt starting at 6 p.m. $5 beers, $8 wines, & $10 martinis. Learn more at https://cobaltrestaurant.com/about or call (772) 469-1060. Cobalt is located at 3500 Ocean Drive in Vero Beach.
• Four for Forty Thursdays at RUSH: Family Night Out at RUSH Jensen Beach is just $40 for one-hour jump admission for 4 people. Each additional jumper is $10 an hour. We want our guests to have a wonderful experience while creating awesome memories. Our park provides a unique, challenging and safe course for all ages. We’ve accomplished this by designing a place where you can soar in open arenas, play trampoline dodgeball, laser tag, airwalk, try your hand at the battle beam and so much more. RUSH Jensen Beach is located on S. US Hwy 1, just south of Jensen Beach Boulevard.