Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
SATURDAY MAY 1 & SUNDAY MAY 2
• Treasure Coast Seafood Festival: Seafood lovers and fans of all things nautical are invited to a family friendly adventure! The Treasure Coast Seafood Festival takes place on Sunday and Saturday May 1 and 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Indian River Fairgrounds in Vero Beach. The festival is a seafood enthusiast's dream come true featuring a wide variety of seafood. Held in conjunction with the 12th Annual Indian River Marine Flea Market.
Rounding out this family-oriented event, nautical vendors will offer unique merchandise and services, artists and craftsmen will display and sell their original works and local businesses and nonprofit organizations will provide information on services available.
Admissions is $7. Children 12 and under are free.
Go to www.TreasureCoastSeafoodFest.com for more information including discount tickets, vendor applications and specific driving directions.
The Indian River Fairgrounds is located at 7955 58th Ave in Vero Beach.
• 12th Annual Indian River Marine Flea Market: Come out to the Indian River Fairgrounds in Vero Beach Saturday and Sunday May 1 & 2 for the 12th Annual Indian River Marine Flea Market.
For two days the 139-acre fairgrounds will be transformed into the Treasure Coast's largest nautical "Flea Market." THE LARGEST EVENT OF THIS TYPE ON THE TREASURE COAST!
Admissions is $7 and Children 12 and under are free.
You have your choice between the covered open-air pavilion with concrete floor, or outside in the midway on grass.
The Flea Market is being held in conjunction with the Treasure Coast Seafood Festival.
Learn more at www.FLNauticalFleaMarket.com.
For discount tickets, vendor applications and specific driving directions contact Under the Sun Promotions at (954) 205-7813.
The Indian River Fairgrounds is located at 7955 58th Ave in Vero Beach.
SATURDAY MAY 15
• Fierce Entertainment: IGNITE Wrestling presents an afternoon of fierce entertainment as the Treasure Coast's ONLY locally owned and operated pro wrestling company returns to Walking Tree Brewery on Saturday May 15 from noon to 3 p.m. This event features our women's tag team tournament as well as multiple debuts from some of the best wrestlers on the indy scene today! Tickets range from $5 to $30. Purchase tickets here - https://ignitewrestling.com/tickets/.
Learn more at - https://www.ignitewrestling.com.
For details email Kim Artlip at - email@example.com or call (772) 999-0857
Walking Tree Brewery is located at 3209 Dodger Rd in Vero Beach.
SUNDAY MAY 16
• Spring Concert Fundraiser: The First Presbyterian Youth String Orchestra will present a Spring Concert on Sunday May 16 at 4 p.m. in the sanctuary at the First Presbyterian Church in Vero Beach.
The Youth String Orchestra Musical will perform Benjamin Britten's Young Apollo, Opus 16, for piano, string quartet, and String Orchestra featuring Becca Harrison, the Saint-Saens Cello Concerto, Mvt. I, featuring Evan Robinet, Metamorphosen for 23 Strings by Strauss, and a piece entitled Orawa by Polish classical and film composer Wojciech Kilar.
Admission is free, however donations are encouraged either during the performance or online at the church website - https://bit.ly/3n5yOQv. The suggested donation per person is $10.
Masks and social distancing will be required, and the sanctuary seating is limited to the first 150 people.
The Spring Concert on May 16th will serve as a fundraising event to help offset the costs of a trip from Vero Beach to Aspen, Colorado for the 2021 Aspen Music Festival in August.
The First Presbyterian Church is located at 520 Royal Palm Boulevard in Vero Beach.
For more information contact Ginger Lagemann, Music and Arts Administrator, at (772) 562-9088 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more at - https://www.firstpresvero.org/events.
SATURDAY JUNE 5
• 52nd Annual Sport Fishing Offshore Tournament: The Florida Sport Fishing Association is hosting their 52nd Annual Offshore Slam fishing tournament on June 5 off Port Canaveral.
A Captain’s party will be held Friday, June 4, at the Kiwanis Island Park Recreation Center located at 951 Kiwanis Island Park Road on Merritt Island. It starts 5:30 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
More than $22,000 is available in General Awards, including $5,000 for the Big Fish Prize, and $3,000 for General Slam.
Early registration is now open at - www.Offshoreslam.com.
The first 120 teams to register will receive a Captain’s Bucket.
Online raffle tickets are also available at that site.
All ages are welcome. There are Ladies and Junior angler prize categories this year too.
Proceeds support marine education in local junior and high schools, building offshore artificial reefs, kids fishing clinics and the fishing sport community throughout east central Florida.
For more information, visit - www.fsfaclub.org.
SATURDAY JULY 10
• NBHA FL03 District Show: The Indian River Riding Club will host The National Barrel Horse Association FL03 District Show from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Saturday July 10. Exhibition: 5 p.m.; Show: 7 p.m.; $300 ADDED; Fees: Open $35; Youth $30; Senior $10; Non-Member Fee $10. The Indian River Riding Club is located at 6250 37th St. in Vero Beach. Learn more at - https://www.nbhafl03.com/shows/.
• Twilight Night Shoots are back!: Night shooting on Thursdays is back at the Indian River County Public Shooting Range by popular demand.
The range will be open again from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. on Thursdays going forward.
The IRC Shooting Range is located at 10455 102nd Ter in Sebastian.
Questions? - contact Jerry Seldes at (772) 226-3096.
• Capt's Karaoke: Join us at Capt Hiram's Resort for karaoke from Good Times Entertainment! Every Sunday at 6 p.m. on the Tiki Stage. Capt Hiram's Resort is located at 1580 US Highway 1 in Sebastian. Learn more at - https://www.facebook.com/CaptHiramsResort or call (772) 388-8588.
• Nature Connects at McKee Botanical Garden: Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects® Made with LEGO® Bricks is an award-winning and record-breaking exhibition that uses beautiful works of art made from simple toy blocks to explore animal endangerment, the balance of ecosystems, and mankind’s relationship with nature. This beautiful, inspirational exploration of art and nature open in November and can be seen at the McKee Botanical Garden through April 25, 2021.
Produced by Imagine Exhibitions, Nature Connects presents a playful spin on traditional sculptural art—making it accessible to guests of all ages and backgrounds.
The narratives, along with the intricate displays, also explore the importance of conservation, the balance of ecosystems, predator/prey relationships, as well as the relationships between humankind and the natural world.
Come explore the beauty and wonder of Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects Made with LEGO® Bricks, open Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sunday Noon – 5 p.m. The last admission ticket is sold at 4 p.m. Admission: $15 Adults, $13 Seniors (65+)/Youth (13-17), $10 Children (2-12). McKee members and children under 2 free. Tickets are available to purchase at McKee Botanical Garden and at - www.mckeegarden.org. The McKee Botanical Garden is located at 350 US Highway 1 in Vero Beach.
• Motown Tuesdays: Curtis Hill aka Mr. Motown performs every Tuesday at Cobalt starting at 6 p.m. $5 beers, $8 wines, & $10 martinis. Learn more at - https://cobaltrestaurant.com/about or call (772) 469-1060. Cobalt is located at 3500 Ocean Drive in Vero Beach.
• Family Fun at Countryside Family Farms!: Children’s activities, outdoor market, farm attractions for kids including kiddie train, mower-go-round, jump pillow, rat rollers and barnyard ball zone, plus lunch offerings from El Sid Taco Trailer, ice cream, slushies, and more! Hours vary for each week’s special activity, so visit www.CountrysideFamilyFarms.com for all the details!
Countryside Family Farms is located at 6325 81st Street in Vero Beach. Admission is Free. However to access The Jump Pillow, Orange Blossom Express, Rat Rollers, Barnyard Ball Games, Corn Hole, Air Cannon, and Mower-Go-Round purchase a $5 Fun Pass which is good from 10 - 2 p.m.