SATURDAY JAN. 9
• Kid's Fishing Tournament: Bring your kids out to LaPorte Farms on Saturday Jan. 9 from 10-2 p.m. for the kids fishing tournament. We'll have trophies, awards and great prizes for the winners. The entry fee is $10. LaPorte Farms is located at 7700 129th St. in Sebastian.
SUNDAY JAN. 10
• Broadway to Hollywood!: Fans of Broadway and movie music wait all year long for the Space Coast Symphony Orchestra's annual January salute to the stage and screen. It's everyone's favorite concert! Four professional singers will join the orchestra to ring in the New Year 'From Broadway to Hollywood.' The event takes place on Sunday Jan. 10 at 3 p.m. at the Emerson Center in Vero Beach. The Emerson Center is located at 1590 27th Ave. in Vero Beach.
'From Broadway to Hollywood' features the work of the most famous Broadway and Hollywood composers including beloved songs from Richard Rodgers, Jerome Kern, Mitch Leigh, Meredith Willson, Leonard Bernstein, Cole Porter, Frank Loesser, Frederick Loewe and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
Conductor and Artistic Director, Aaron T. Collins is ready to kick off the New Year with some positivity.
"The audience is going to hear some really exceptional singing during this concert," said Collins. "And after a really difficult 2020, this program will feel like a welcome treat."
Soprano Dorothy Gal of the Houston Grand Opera Studio, along with Central Florida standouts mezzo soprano Sarah Purser, tenor Kit Cleto and baritone David Bracamonte, will join conductor Aaron Collins on stage during From Broadway to Hollywood. The all-star lineup will perform favorite songs from musicals and films, including Wizard of Oz, The Bodyguard, Guys and Dolls, Beaches, Singin’ in the Rain, Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Titanic, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, South Pacific, Camelot, Man of La Mancha, Bridges of Madison County, Showboat, Carousel, Oklahoma, and more.
From Broadway to Hollywood is free for those aged 18 and under or those with a student ID. Adult tickets at the door are $35. Online tickets purchased in advance they are $30. (The price has been raised due to limited capacity).
Tickets are available through the orchestra website at SpaceCoastSymphony.org or at Marine Bank & Trust in Suntree. Online ticketing is encouraged, for optimum social distancing and capacity planning. The audience is kindly asked not to arrive more than 30 minutes prior to show time.
FRIDAY JAN. 15
• “Ballet: Bold and Beautiful”: The official opening of Ballet Vero Beach's 2020-2021 Season begins on Friday Jan 15 with a thrilling program proving small scores can lead to sweeping dances.
"Chamber Music-Sweeping Dance" will feature a world premiere by Camilo A. Rodriguez set to Beethoven's Piano Trio in B Flat Major, the main stage debut of Rodriguez's playful solo Playing With Strings, the world premiere of an expanded version of Around Midnight by Yanis Eric Pikieris, which previewed last season and, after a three year absence, the main stage return of one of Ballet Vero Beach's most beloved works, The Swan.
Live in person performances of "Chamber Music-Sweeping Dance" will be held at the Vero Beach High School Performing Arts Center on Jan. 15 at 7:30 p.m. and on Jan. 16 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Evening performances now begin one half hour earlier! The Vero Beach High School Performing Arts Center (VBHS) is located at 1707 16th St. in Vero Beach.
To purchase tickets online go to - https://balletverobeach.org/online-ticketing-FAQs.php.
Entry to the VBHS Performing Arts center will only be granted to patrons holding tickets for the performance about to take place.
Any patron who is feeling ill (regardless of symptoms) should stay home. This includes all symptoms of any illness, not just symptoms associated with COVID-19. Ballet Vero Beach has limited each performance to under 25% of venue capacity. Patrons will be required to wear masks at all times while inside VBHS
• Capt's Karaoke: Join us at Capt Hiram's Resort for karaoke from Good Times Entertainment! Every Sunday at 6pm on the Tiki Stage. Capt Hiram's Resort is lcoated at 1580 US Highway 1 in Sebastian. Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/CaptHiramsResort or call (772) 388-8588.
• Nature Connects at McKee Botanical Garden: Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects® Made with LEGO® Bricks is an award-winning and record-breaking exhibition that uses beautiful works of art made from simple toy blocks to explore animal endangerment, the balance of ecosystems, and mankind’s relationship with nature. This beautiful, inspirational exploration of art and nature open in November and can be seen at the McKee Botanical Garden through April 25, 2021.
Produced by Imagine Exhibitions, Nature Connects presents a playful spin on traditional sculptural art—making it accessible to guests of all ages and backgrounds. The narratives, along with the intricate displays, also explore the importance of conservation, the balance of ecosystems, predator/prey relationships, as well as the relationships between humankind and the natural world.
Come explore the beauty and wonder of Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects Made with LEGO® Bricks, open Tuesday – Saturday (10 am – 5 pm), Sunday (Noon – 5 pm). The last admission ticket is sold at 4 pm. Admission: $15 Adults, $13 Seniors (65+)/Youth (13-17), $10 Children (2-12). McKee members and children under 2 free. Tickets are available to purchase at McKee Botanical Garden and at www.mckeegarden.org. The McKee Botanical Garden is located at 350 US Highway 1 in Vero Beach.
• Motown Tuesdays: Curtis Hill aka Mr. Motown performs every Tuesday at Cobalt starting at 6 p.m. $5 beers, $8 wines, & $10 martinis. Learn more at https://cobaltrestaurant.com/about or call (772) 469-1060. Cobalt is located at 3500 Ocean Drive in Vero Beach.
• Four for Forty Thursdays at RUSH: Family Night Out at RUSH Jensen Beach is just $40 for one-hour jump admission for 4 people. Each additional jumper is $10 an hour. We want our guests to have a wonderful experience while creating awesome memories. Our park provides a unique, challenging and safe course for all ages. We’ve accomplished this by designing a place where you can soar in open arenas, play trampoline dodgeball, lasar tag, airwalk, try your hand at the battle beam and so much more. RUSH Jensen Beach is located on S. US Hwy 1, just south of Jensen Beach Boulevard.