Due to COVID-19, it is suggested that readers call and make sure the event is taking place as listed.
FRIDAY JAN. 15
• “Ballet: Bold and Beautiful”: The official opening of Ballet Vero Beach's 2020-2021 Season begins on Friday Jan 15 with a thrilling program proving small scores can lead to sweeping dances.
"Chamber Music-Sweeping Dance" will feature a world premiere by Camilo A. Rodriguez set to Beethoven's Piano Trio in B Flat Major, the main stage debut of Rodriguez's playful solo Playing With Strings, the world premiere of an expanded version of Around Midnight by Yanis Eric Pikieris, which previewed last season and, after a three year absence, the main stage return of one of Ballet Vero Beach's most beloved works, The Swan.
Live in person performances of "Chamber Music-Sweeping Dance" will be held at the Vero Beach High School Performing Arts Center on Jan. 15 at 7:30 p.m. and on Jan. 16 at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Evening performances now begin one half hour earlier! The Vero Beach High School Performing Arts Center (VBHS) is located at 1707 16th St. in Vero Beach.
To purchase tickets online go to - https://balletverobeach.org/online-ticketing-FAQs.php.
Entry to the VBHS Performing Arts center will only be granted to patrons holding tickets for the performance about to take place.
Any patron who is feeling ill (regardless of symptoms) should stay home. This includes all symptoms of any illness, not just symptoms associated with COVID-19.
Ballet Vero Beach has limited each performance to under 25% of venue capacity.
Patrons will be required to wear masks at all times while inside VBHS.
SATURDAY JAN. 16
• Estate Auction ONLINE: Online multi estate auction featuring antiques, Highwaymen art, silver, jewelry, collectibles, & more. It takes place Saturday Jan. 16 from 12 p.m.-7 p.m. at verobeachauction.com. Vero Beach Auction is always buying and selling quality items in our monthly estate auctions. We specialize in the delicate matter of liquidating your personal belongings. We handle single items or the liquidation of an entire estate. Let us turn your treasures into cash. For more information call 772-978-5955 or email email@example.com
SATURDAY JAN. 23
• Arts Fest: Come out to the Sweet Tea Sip & Stroll Arts & Crafts Fest at the Sebastian Riverview Park on Saturday Jan. 23 from 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. The event is sponsored by River Girl Works, an arts and home décor shop. They will display hundreds of new art works. The Sebastian Riverview Park is located at US-1 & County Road 512 in Sebastian.
SATURDAY JAN. 30
• Gala of the Royal Horses: Come to the Indian River County Fairgrounds on Saturday Jan. 30 at 3 p.m. to see The Gala of The Royal Horses. The show is being produced and led by world-renowned riding master Rene Gasser, who with the experiences of seven generations has recreated an event only previously seen at the famous riding schools in Vienna and Spain. The Indian River County Fairgrounds is located at 7955 58th Ave. in Vero Beach. Get tickets at > galaoftheroyalhorses.com/schedule.
• Storytelling Live ONLINE: Storytelling Live features Grammy Award Winning Morgan Heritage and 6 others. It happens Saturday Jan. 30 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Join us as Grammy Award winning Morgan Heritage takes the stage in our first livestream concert.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit the MusiCares ® Foundation, helping the music community in times of need, as well as multiple charities such as Clean the World. Tickets can be purchased on our website at > storytellinglive.net. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the MusiCares ® Foundation, helping the music community in times of need, as well as multiple charities such as Clean the World.
• Capt's Karaoke: Join us at Capt Hiram's Resort for karaoke from Good Times Entertainment! Every Sunday at 6 p.m. on the Tiki Stage. Capt Hiram's Resort is lcoated at 1580 US Highway 1 in Sebastian. Learn more at https://www.facebook.com/CaptHiramsResort or call (772) 388-8588.
• Nature Connects at McKee Botanical Garden: Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects® Made with LEGO® Bricks is an award-winning and record-breaking exhibition that uses beautiful works of art made from simple toy blocks to explore animal endangerment, the balance of ecosystems, and mankind’s relationship with nature. This beautiful, inspirational exploration of art and nature open in November and can be seen at the McKee Botanical Garden through April 25, 2021.
Produced by Imagine Exhibitions, Nature Connects presents a playful spin on traditional sculptural art—making it accessible to guests of all ages and backgrounds. The narratives, along with the intricate displays, also explore the importance of conservation, the balance of ecosystems, predator/prey relationships, as well as the relationships between humankind and the natural world.
Come explore the beauty and wonder of Sean Kenney’s Nature Connects Made with LEGO® Bricks, open Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sunday Noon – 5 p.m. The last admission ticket is sold at 4 p.m. Admission: $15 Adults, $13 Seniors (65+)/Youth (13-17), $10 Children (2-12). McKee members and children under 2 free. Tickets are available to purchase at McKee Botanical Garden and at www.mckeegarden.org. The McKee Botanical Garden is located at 350 US Highway 1 in Vero Beach.
• Motown Tuesdays: Curtis Hill aka Mr. Motown performs every Tuesday at Cobalt starting at 6 p.m. $5 beers, $8 wines, & $10 martinis. Learn more at https://cobaltrestaurant.com/about or call (772) 469-1060. Cobalt is located at 3500 Ocean Drive in Vero Beach.
• Four for Forty Thursdays at RUSH: Family Night Out at RUSH Jensen Beach is just $40 for one-hour jump admission for 4 people. Each additional jumper is $10 an hour. We want our guests to have a wonderful experience while creating awesome memories. Our park provides a unique, challenging and safe course for all ages. We’ve accomplished this by designing a place where you can soar in open arenas, play trampoline dodgeball, laser tag, airwalk, try your hand at the battle beam and so much more. RUSH Jensen Beach is located on S. US Hwy 1, just south of Jensen Beach Boulevard.