SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16
• Treasure Coast Bacon Fest: Bacon. Bacon & more Bacon. Who doesn’t like bacon? Imagine just about anything you could ever want with delicious Bacon in it or on it. Bacon. Bacon and more Bacon. Who doesn’t like bacon? Imagine just about anything you could ever want with delicious Bacon in it or on it. Join us from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. From Thick-Cut Deep-Fried Bacon to Chocolate Covered Bacon Strips and Bacon Wrapped Scallops to Bacon Mac-n-Cheese and Bacon Wrapped Pickles. You will find it all at the Treasure Coast Bacon Fest. In addition to all of these succulent Bacon dishes and tasty libations, this 2-day family friendly festival will also have some great live entertainment, an interactive Kid’s Fun Zone, and plenty of vendors and exhibits to shop & explore. www.treasurecoastbaconfest.com
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 24
• Riverside Children’s Theatre: 22nd Annual Festival of Trees. Encompassing the entire Riverside Theatre campus, “Winter Wonderful,” the Festival ’19 theme, will include the forest of glittering trees at the Children’s Theatre, Hall of Wreaths, Community Song Stage, Santa’s Village in the Live in The Loop area, a Christmas Shoppe, a Winter Gardens area in front of the Children’s Theatre, children's activities and more to benefit Riverside Theatre Scholarship program. A Family Night party on the Saturday evening of the Festival will showcase holiday performances, hot chocolate, a synthetic ice skating rink, and gifts for the family. Weekend Events: Preview Gala - November 22 starting at 6 p.m. “Winter Wonderful” Weekend Showcase - November 23 and 24 at 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Family Night Party – November 23 at 4 – 8p.m. Breakfast with Santa - November 24 at 9 a.m. Lunch with Santa - November 24 at 12 p.m. “Winter Wonderful” Weekend Showcase Tickets: $10 adults, $5 children. (Good for Saturday, Sunday, or Family Night). Preview Gala Tickets: $125, $150 and $175. Family Night Tickets: $10 adults, $5 children. (Good for Showcase entrance on Saturday or Sunday). Breakfast or Lunch with Santa Tickets: $22 adults, $18 children, with free for Kids 3 and under. (Breakfast or Lunch with Santa tickets include admission to the regular showcase of the Festival of Trees.) Festival of Trees showcase takes place on the entire Riverside Theatre Campus.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 23
• Pancake and Egg Breakfast: Applebees on 20th Street in Vero Beach invites you for breakfast at 8:00 a.m. Price is $10 per person. For tickets call 772-492-3434. Sponsored by GFWC Treasure Coast Women for Adult Literacy.
• St Andrews Dinner: This is our annual dinner to celebrate the patron saint of Scotland. It is our version of St Patrick's Day. However we celebrate all things St. Andrew including the beautiful city in Scotland and the legendary home of golf. We wear our kilts and The Scottish Society band will entertain. From 5:30 p.m. Located at Irish American Club, 1314 20th Street, Vero Beach.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6 THROUGH SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7
The Comedy Zone – Holiday Nights: Welcome the holiday season with a festively decorated Riverside campus featuring music and holiday surprises. Scheduled comedians to be determined. with free outdoor concerts are held in the Live In The Loop outdoor stage featuring local bands. December 6 and 7 at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30pm. Tickets for comedian showcase: $12 - $18 with free music at Live in the Loop outdoor stage. Comedy performances take place on the Waxlax Stage at Riverside Theatre.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7
• Remember When performing for our Annual Toys for Tots Dinner & Dance: Enjoy a beautiful evening of dining and dance in support of the Marines Toys for Tots. Please help make a child smile by bringing an unwrapped toy donation. Hosted by the EL DOEs of Elks Lodge 2714, 731 S. Fleming St., Sebastian. From 6 - 9 p.m. Tickets $20 pp Available in the Lodge.
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 10
• Christmas Program: at Master’s Academy of Vero Beach, 1105 58th Avenue. Join us at 7:00 PM. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the season as students present the Reason for the Season in song, instrumental, and drama presentations. A cookie reception in the cafeteria will follow the program.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 14
• Ballet Vero Beach Presents “Tea Up for the Nutcracker” At The Oak Harbor Clubhouse: Starting at 12:00 p.m. Tickets: 772-905-2651 or www.balletverobeach.org. For a fourth year in a row, Oak Harbor Club will once again be decked out for the holiday season for a festive afternoon of fun to support the educational programs of Ballet Vero Beach, including the spectacular Nutcracker on the Indian River! A full afternoon of activities is planned to provide a spectacular experience for all ages.
• The Sebastian Old Boys Welcoming New Players: Join us Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings from 8:00a.m. to 11:30a.m. Batting practice is conducted followed by two 7-inning games each day. The games are pick-up games with teams picked from players who show up that day. The age bracket is 50 and over and all skill levels are welcomed although some history of playing helps. The field is located at 1115 Barber St; Sebastian, Florida 32958 (Barber street sports complex). Turn South on Barber Street and go a quarter mile and the park with 4 fields is on the right. For more information Contact Bob Martin at 772-766-1589.
•Trolley Historical Tours, Sponsored by Piper Aircraft: On the first Saturday of every month from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The narrated free tour (by microphone) will go from Downtown Historical areas to Piper Aircraft, Vero Beach Regional Airport, Historic Dodgertown, 43rd Avenue to 16th Street school area, McKee, Miracle Mile/Young Park on the mainland, and Beachside historic references with several stops along the way. These will include: Airport, Memorial Island, VB Museum of Art, the marina, dog park, and the rowing club area. Held the first Saturday of every month beginning on Saturday, January 5, through Saturday, October 5. Maximum of 20 people per tour and reservations are needed by calling the City Clerk office by 3pm on Friday the day before the tour: 772-978-4700. Located at Indian River County Chamber of Commerce, 1216 21st St, Vero Beach.
•Sewing Club Meets: The Florida Sewing Sew-Ciety [FSS] is a non-profit organization that welcomes all sewists - garment construction, quilters, home decor - with a focus on skill building and hands-on sewing at all levels: novice to experienced. The Vero Beach Chapter meets the third Monday of every month, year-round, at the St. Augustine Episcopal Church located at 475 43rd Avenue in Vero Beach at 9:30 a.m Join them to share and learn through our educational programs. The love of sewing is our common thread! For more information, contact Maryann at email@example.com or Susan at 772-567-6595 for further information.
• Craft Club of Sebastian: Artists and crafters from Brevard, Indian River, Martin and St. Lucie counties are welcome. Meets September through April on the third Tuesday of each month from 2-3 p.m. at the North Indian River County Library on County Road 512 in Sebastian. For more information, visit www.sebastiancraftclub.com/
• Third Thursday dances: 7-10 p.m. on the third Thursday each month, all year, at Vero's Heritage Center, 2140 14th Ave. Sponsored by USA Dance. General fee is $10 per person. Singles, couples, all levels of dance ability welcome, with dressy/casual attire. Different popular ballroom dance style and theme each month. Group class with a professional instructor starts at 7 p.m.; social dancing follows. For more information, visit www.verodance.org.
• Sebastian Area Historical Museum is dedicated to preserving and displaying the history of the area with exhibits and artifacts from the Ais Indians, Pelican Island, Clothing, Family Life, Quilts, Fishing, Agriculture, and Early Transportation. The museum is located at 1235 Main Street, City Hall Complex, Sebastian and is open Tuesday thru Thursday and the 1st. and 3rd Saturday of each month from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Admission is free and the reference library is open by appointment. Call (772) 581-1380.
• Sunset Saturday night cruises: Oceanside Business Association of Vero Beach’s sunset Saturday cruises on the second Saturday of the month located on the corner of Ocean Drive and Dahlia Lane. For more information, visit www.VeroBeachOBA.com.
• Indian River Civic Association and the Florida Irish-American Society are conducting a food drive to benefit a local Veteran’s Group Home. Every Wednesday at noon the Irish Club, located at 1314 20th Street in Vero Beach, invites the public for a home-made lunch and dessert while listening to the big band sound of a local senior musical group. All ages are invited, and the cost is $7, no reservation required. Please bring a non-perishable food item. Every month the IRCA distributes this food, along with fresh meat to the veterans. For more information, call (772) 913-1196 or (772) 569-1460.
• Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge: Call the refuge at (772) 562-3909, Ext. 275, or visit fws.gov/pelicanisland/events
• Italian-American War Veterans, Post No. 3 and Women’s Auxiliary, located at 2500 15th Ave., Vero Beach, holds business meetings at 7 p.m., on the second Wednesday of each month. Social meetings are held at 6 p.m., on the fourth Wednesday of the month. New members welcome. For information, call (772) 231-5673 or (772) 770-2558.
• Vero Beach Railroad Station in downtown Vero Beach was originally built in 1903. It is on the National Register of Historic Places, and is open Tuesday from 10 a.m. until 1:30 p.m., and Wednesday through Friday from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. Visitors can tour the exhibit center and get a glimpse of local history from prehistoric times through World War II. There is a model train display that offers panoramic views of historical sites in Indian River County. The railroad station is located at 2336 14th Ave., Vero Beach. For more information, call (772) 778-3435.
• Indian River County Historical Society preserves the artifacts, sites and structures related to Indian River County heritage and offers maps and directions to sites of historic interest throughout the county. The society is housed in a 1903 Vero Beach Train Station, located at 2336 14th Ave., Vero Beach, and is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. For more information, call (772) 778-3435.
• The Heritage Bluegrass Band performs every Tuesday night, from 7:30-10 p.m. There is no admission charge and donations are appreciated. Light refreshments are available. The Heritage Center is located at 2140 14th Ave., Vero Beach.
• Guided kayak tours: Visitors paddle along the Indian River Lagoon and enjoy nature at its tropical best. Experience the thrill of close encounters with dolphins, manatees and exotic birds. The guide is a master naturalist and U.S. Coast Guard captain. Cost is $47 each for a 2-1/2 hour tour. Reservations are required. Space is limited to 12 participants. For more information call (772) 234-3436.
• Indian River Citrus Museum tells the story and preserves the artifacts, photographs and memorabilia of the pioneers who established the most distinguished citrus fruit in the world. Open Tuesday through Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m., in the Heritage Center, 2140 14th Ave., Vero Beach. For more information call (772) 770-2263.
• McKee Botanical Garden is an 18-acre botanical garden listed on the National Register of Historic Places and endorsed by the Garden Conservancy. This Florida hammock offers a diverse botanical collection, as well as several restored architectural treasures, the hall of giants and Spanish kitchen. Self-guided tours are available Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m., and Sunday from noon-5 p.m. It is closed Mondays and major holidays. Admission is $9 for adults, $8 for seniors and $5 for children. It is located at 350 U.S. 1, Vero Beach. It also has a gift shop, library and café. For more information, call (772) 794-0601 or www.mckeegarden.org.
• McLarty Treasure Museum features treasures discovered from ancient Spanish ships wrecked in 1715, off of Indian River County’s coast. Open seven days a week from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Admission is $1 for ages 6 and older. Located at 13180 A1A, Vero Beach, north of County Road 510. For more information, call (772) 589-2147.
• Environmental Learning Center: An elevated boardwalk creates a trail through a mangrove forest, butterfly garden, native plant garden, wet labs and more. Also there are canoe tours, workshops and other activities. It’s open daily, with one-hour tours offered throughout the week. There is no admission charge. Visitors can also see the Florida cracker-style home of poet Laura Riding Jackson on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon. The center is located at 255 Live Oak Drive, Vero Beach, south of the Wabasso Bridge. For more information call (772) 589-5050 or visit www.elcweb.org.
• ORCA: Enjoy the Oslo Riverfront Conservation Area, 350 acres along the Indian River Lagoon in southern Indian River County. The trail system takes you through a variety of distinct natural communities. A canopy of live oaks, orchids, wild coffee bushes, mangrove wetlands and wildlife are part of the experience. There is a bird watching observation platform and tower and the “awesome pine,” the largest slash pine tree in the world. Park is open daily from dawn to dusk, with weekly and monthly guided nature walks. There is no admission charge. For more information, call (772) 778-7200, Ext. 173.
• St. Sebastian River buffer preserve: Hiking, jogging, walking and nature study are permitted throughout the preserve, except in areas posted as closed or restricted. Access point is off County Road 512, just west of Sebastian Middle School. The preserve is open for daily use only, except for overnight camping by permit. Horseback riding is allowed on Wednesday. Contact the preserve office to make camping reservations and obtain a permit at (321) 953-5004.
• Environmental viewing area gives a close-up view of manatees and other wildlife during the winter months. Limited parking is available; see signage. It is west of the Vero Beach Municipal Power Plant on Indian River Boulevard, near the 17th Street Bridge, in Vero Beach.
• Artists Guild Gallery, 1974 14th Ave., Vero Beach. Call (772) 299-1234 or visit www.artistsguildgalleryverobeach.com.
• The Gallery at Windsor, 10680 Belvedere Square, Vero Beach. By appointment only. (772) 388-4071.
• Gallery 14, 1911 14th Ave., Vero Beach. (772) 562-5525.
• The Laughing Dog Gallery, 2910 Cardinal Drive, Vero Beach. Open 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday. (772) 234-6711
• Tiger Lily Art Studios and Gallery, 1903 14th Ave., Vero Beach. (772) 778-3443.
• Vero Beach Museum of Art features exhibitions of international, national and state importance are shown throughout the year in four galleries. The museum also houses a gift shop store and is the largest teaching museum school in Florida. It is located at 3001 Riverside Park Drive, Vero Beach. For more information, call (772) 231-0707
BARS AND CLUBS
• Capt. Hiram’s Resort, 1580 U.S. 1, Sebastian. For a look at the full entertainment lineup, visit www.hirams.com. (772) 589-4345
• Earl’s Hideaway Lounge and Tiki Bar, 1405 Indian River Drive, Sebastian. Live Delta Blues music Tuesday nights by Ernie Southern. (772) 589-5700, (772) 388-2597 or www.earlshideaway.com.
• J.J. Manning’s Irish Pub, Wednesday night, wine and bingo night at 7 p.m.; Thursday, pub quiz night at 7 p.m. 740 S. Fleming St., Sebastian. (772) 589-1238. www.jjmanningirishpub.com
• Kelley’s Irish Pub, 484 21st St., B, Vero Beach, Friday night sing-along in the piano bar. (772) 567-3838.
• Kilted Mermaid, 1937 Old Dixie Highway Vero Beach. Open Tuesday-Saturday, 5 p.m.-1 a.m. Wednesday, open mic jam session; Thursday, trivia with Jason; Friday, live music; Saturday, live music. Call (772) 569-5533.
• Long Branch Saloon, 2199 Seventh Ave., Vero Beach. (772) 569-4075.
• Marsh Landing, 44 N. Broadway St., Fellsmere: Bluegrass jam every Thursday night from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Call for other entertainment schedules. (772) 571-8622.
• Riverside Cafe, 1 Beachland Blvd., Vero Beach, Live entertainment. (772) 234-5550.
• Tropical Inn Resort LGBT Brevard's Premier Gay & Lesbian Resort. Friday’s female impersonator show; $15 includes two drinks. Seating starts at 8 p.m. Show starts at 9 p.m. Call for reservations. Saturday’s Tiki Bar Poolside 2-10 p.m. Live performances and DJ JAM Masters. Sunday’s, tiki bar poolside noon-10 p.m. T-dance, 4-8 p.m. Live performances and DJ JAM Master. The resort is located at 4700 Dixie Highway N.E. Palm Bay. For more information, call (321) 951-0350.
To have your upcoming event listed here, email firstname.lastname@example.org.